Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,076 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man (19276 Views)

Hanan Buhari: Man Attempts Suicide For Inability To Marry PMB's Daughter In Kano / Reps’ Speakership: Why Dogara, Gbajabiamila May Not Get Members Backing / Why Dogara’s Removal As Reps Speaker Will Be Difficult –reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by WisdomFlakes: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
By Suzan Edeh

Political stakeholders in Bogoro Local Government Area of Bauchi State have explained reasons for the isolated victory of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the local government during penultimate weekend’s Senate by-election in Bauchi South Senatorial District.

Though the All Progressives Congress, APC, won the election in every other local government area in the constituency, Bogoro, however, broke the trend with the PDP winning almost twice as much votes as the APC in the local council.

Bogoro is the Federal Constituency that Speaker Yakubu Dogara has represented since 2007. The chairman of the PDP in the local government area, Hon. Daniel Musa, told Vanguard that the speaker did not carry out any campaign for the APC senatorial candidate in his ward, suggesting that he was not interested in the APC winning.

“The speaker never came out categorically to campaign for any candidate of the political party contesting the election, though there were rumours that he was canvassing for support for the APC, I feel it is not true.

“Again, there are allegations that his body language depicts he has gone back to the PDP, I feel it is not true because it is just a mere body language and not an official declaration.

“If he has come back to the PDP, he would have contacted me and told me about it, but I am expecting him from now to 2019 to make that declaration,” he said.

Musa said APC lost in Bogoro LGA because of the strong affinity of the people to the PDP, mainly on account of the development projects delivered to the people by past federal and state PDP administrations.

“All the federal government interventions in Bogoro Local Government Area were brought when the speaker was in the PDP from 2011 to 2015. He left the party for the APC when he was denied the ticket to contest again, but I think the speaker still loves PDP.”

Also reacting, a former APC councillor in Bogoro Local Government Area, Monday Danladi, said that the area became inclined to the PDP from the time of the Goodluck Jonathan administration and the people have pledged to keep it that way.

“I think this was a contributing factor and the people were not necessarily swayed by the influence of the speaker, the people decided on their own,” he said.

Some of the federal government interventions include National Open University Study centre in Tafawa Balewa, the free medical outreaches, and construction of federal roads.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/why-dogaras-people-voted-against-buharis-man/

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by buharitill2023: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
These bogoro PDP are lying like those jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist.

If it was because of developmental project by ineffectual buffoon.
Why did dogara win in 2015?

The truth is the aspect of his body language, his supporters join the minor PDP in that constituency

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by dukie25: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
buharitill2023:
OK

Before modifying his post, let me guess what the genius above is likely to write : "The jobless idiotic aggressive"
Different username but same thing over and over and over and over again.

So predictable, abeg bros leave your email, let me send you a book about essays. I'd even throw in a free dictionary in PDF format, anything to help improve your lexicon.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good reason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Ekez(m): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
Why won't they vote agaist his man, anything Buhari is cursed

2 Likes

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by RockHard: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
I have a feeling Dogara will still defect. I could be wrong though.

12 Likes

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by seunmsg(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
He left the party for the APC when he was denied the ticket to contest again, but I think the speaker still loves PDP.”

If not for APC, Dogara wouldn't have made it back to the house not to talk of becoming the speaker. Most of our politicians are ungrateful and disloyal. He should do quick and cross over to PDP and we will see how he's going to make it back to the house of reps.

27 Likes

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by easynetsms(m): 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
Politics

check my signature for cheap dstv and gotv subscription 100% legit
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Jasen1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
grin
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by bigglesjnr: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/why-dogaras-people-voted-against-buharis-man/
one local governmnt out of six, its going to make no impact at 2019 polls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by tomakint: 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
Not a good sign for the APC especially in the lower chamber of the House......2019 will be interesting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by ObservantFellow: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ironic that APC couldn't deliver all LGAs in Lagos State due to the areas like Ajeromi, Ojo, Festac, e.t.c. dominated by Igbos voting PDP, but are convinced of getting "at least 40% of the votes" in the South East/South South region where these people are from undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by durableking: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
this is Nigeria every body after their personal interest
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Cornerstone2020(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Green light for Dogara to decamp

1 Like

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by arizonababa: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Okay good for him
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by seanfer(m): 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
He was denied the PDP ticket and won under APC, Now he wants to decamp back to PDP.... can he win with just one lag?

1 Like

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by LaPooLee16(m): 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
Dogara need not to decamp except he is running for president
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2018
I don't blame anyone decamping! APC no try at all!

It all started from appointing ministers even when they knew right from inception that they had won the election even before the inaugural day!

Thereafter treasonable excuses follow! In this current dispensation a federal government had to be reminded of federal character undecided *shudders*

As if it wasn't enough he started appointing only his KINS into key position

When he has failed, he started shouting CABALS!!! Who are the cabals undecided

FG that admitted at a time that his age is a hindrance and also that he is no longer in charge of his government still wants to be RE-ELECTED I never see this one before!

Infact he spent more time outside the country than inside the country to the extent that RATS has to chase him away!

I can go on and on *nods* this government is an eyesore!

Feel free to decamp after all a wise saying said it all that once the head is faulty of what use is the body undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by babyphaze07(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
In other words, people of Bogoro local govt are better off under PDP. You guys ain't hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Bizibi(m): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2018
buharitill2023:
These bogoro PDP are lying like those jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist.

The truth is the aspect of his body language, his supporters join the minor PDP in that constituency
same pattern everyday, keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Tareq1105: 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
buharitill2023:

Na dem sabi.

Their votes are immaterial just like any minority group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by SarakiBukola: 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
I have lived in Bauchi and visited all the LGAs at least 20x each.

Can confirm that Bogoro matters very little in the politics of the State

3 Likes

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
dukie25:

Before modifying his post above, let me guess what the genius above is likely to write : "The jobless idiotic aggressive"
Same thing over and over and over and over again.

So predictable, abeg bros leave your email, let me send you a book about essays. I'd even throw in a free dictionary in PDF format, anything to help improve your lexicon.
Take it to the bank

3 Likes

Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by saintjimos(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
MUST APC WIN ALL SEATS ?
IS THAT DEMOCRACY?
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by kennypoju04: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
Dirty game;politics
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Mankosi: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nice
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Tareq1105: 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
RockHard:
I have a feeling Dogara will still defect. I could be wrong though.

Political fiasco loading.

Dogara is from minority Bogota Council. He, therefore, needs to tred softly to avoid political miscarriage like 80% of those defectors.
Re: Why Dogara’s People Voted Against Buhari’s Man by Roger3D(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
dukie25:

Before modifying his post above, let me guess what the genius above is likely to write : "The jobless idiotic aggressive"
Different username but same thing over and over and over and over again.

But he is right now cos the lazy idiotic aggressive pigs of Biafra are actually terrorists

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amosun: I Won’t Rule Myself Out Of Senate Presidency / Produce Nnamdi Kanu In Court, His Absence Will Spell Doom – MASSOB Tells FG / Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.