Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises (3317 Views)

Ten(10) Food That Can Make You Fat / 10 Food Hacks You Never Knew - How To Cook Faster In Shortest Time ;D / 10 Food Products That Have No Expiration Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2018
Pringles aren’t made from potatoes.

These chips are made from a special kind of dough. It contains wheat, rice, corn flour, and dehydrated potato flakes. These thin dough pieces are fried, dried, and sprayed with powdered spices and other flavor enhancers.

https://brightside.me/creativity-cooking/10-food-products-that-can-be-full-of-surprises-584110/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Almonds, peanuts, and pistachios aren’t nuts.

From the point of view of botany, a nut is a “fruit” inside a hard shell that doesn’t open in natural conditions. “True” nuts are hazelnuts, chestnuts, and acorns. An almond is a seed and a peanut belongs to legumes. Pistachios, walnuts, and pine nuts are stones or seeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
Carrots may have different colors.

People only started to breed orange carrots in the 17th century. Before that, there were purple, white, and red colored carrots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
100% natural juice can’t be packaged.

To keep juice fresh for a longer period of time, fruits are artificially deprived of oxygen. Unfortunately, they lose their taste and smell during this process. That’s why manufacturers add aromatizers and other food additives. Because of this, we can’t say that juice is 100% natural.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
Oat flakes aren’t a 100% natural product.

Many people think that oat flakes are rather healthy. In fact, to dry oats faster, chemicals are sometimes used. In 2010, in the USA, there was a lawsuit made against a famous company that produced oat flakes. It contained dangerous ingredients for people’s health like trans fats. The company was accused of false advertising.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2018
Maple syrup isn’t always healthy.

Many people know that maple syrup is good for our health. It’s even considered to be a healthy alternative to sugar. But a cheap bottle of syrup may contain preservatives and artificial flavors.

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
It’s difficult to find real olive oil in modern shops.

Olive oil is really healthy and useful. But you have to be careful if you want to buy it. According to the National Consumers League, 2/3 of all bottles in supermarkets contain soybean oil with an olive flavor.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by RoyalBlak007: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
Caffeine-free coffee still contains caffeine.

There are many advantages and disadvantages when it comes to coffee. If your doctor recommends you to expel all substances that stimulate the nervous system, you have to remember that each caffeine-free coffee pack contains from 0.01 to 3% caffeine.

1 Like

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by Betakeshi: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
cool
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by dacanv(m): 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
wow thi is interesting

1 Like

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by hisgrace090: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
An eye opener, you have done well.

1 Like

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2018
Thanks for the info, epecially about the nuts. I have learnt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2018
MissJoy29:
Thanks for the info, epecially about the nuts.
I have learnt.
Which food will you make for me now ?
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2018
PreciousBro:
Which food will you make for me now ?
What are you doing here?
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
MissJoy29:

What are you doing here?
lol see question o. Can't I enter the kitchen again. Is it only in the bed room me and you will play lmao wink grin
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
PreciousBro:

lol see question o. Can't I enter the kitchen again. Is it only in the bed room me and you will play lmao wink grin
Did I hear you say "bedroom"?
What are we going to be doing there?
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
MissJoy29:

Did I hear you say "bedroom"?
What are we going to be doing there?
We'll be grinding pepper and onion. Or isn't that what they do in the bedroom? cheesy
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 8:20am On Aug 24, 2018
@ MissJoy29
What's the P Lovely one. You're taking my Joy away ignoring me cry is it because I mentioned "bedroom" ? You know,I've always laid a mutuality friendly ground establishment between us and hoped you'd be open to me. At least be free to speak your mind. Does my flirtatiousness deliver uneasiness to you? Plesae tell me.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:

We'll be grinding pepper and onion. Or isn't that what they do in the bedroom? cheesy
Do you know I didn't see this until now?
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2018
MissJoy29:

Do you know I didn't see this until now?

Sad. I always thought my flirting might have some undertone of rudeness to you albeit you always make it seem like you like it hence sluggishly flow along but i sense it a lot. You ain't used to being flirted with huh darling? smiley
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:
@ MissJoy29
What's the P Lovely one. You're taking my Joy away ignoring me cry is it because I mentioned "bedroom" ? You know,I've always laid a mutuality friendly ground establishment between us and hoped you'd be open to me. At least be free to speak your mind. Does my flirtatiousness deliver uneasiness to you? Plesae tell me.
I'm sorry dear I didn't see your other mention. I'm not ignoring you.

And yes, @bolded, I feel uneasy about it sometimes. Especially when it leaves nothing to the imagination.

Good morning. Did you sleep well?
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:

Sad. I always thought my flirting might have some undertone of rudeness to you albeit you always make it seem like you like it hence sluggishly flow along but i sense it a lot. You ain't used to being flirted with huh darling? smiley
I'm not used to being flirted with like that by a stranger.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2018
MissJoy29:

I thought I'd have passed the stranger status. Sometimes friends don't even know each other's last names.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2018
MissJoy29:

I'm sorry dear I didn't see your other mention. I'm not ignoring you.

And yes, @bolded, I feel uneasy about it sometimes. Especially when it leaves nothing to the imagination.

Good morning. Did you sleep well?

It is what it is. Just flirts. However it carries cordial intentions seeing my likesness surpasses my absolute awareness of you.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 8:43am On Aug 24, 2018
MissJoy29:

Lol you even had to embolden the stranger. Like I'm supposed to get the memo that I'm still just a stranger. OK. If that's what or how you still see me. I'll resort to being one.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:

I thought I'd have passed the stranger status. Sometimes friends don't even know each other's last names.
You are right. I had one like that for close to 2 years. How we got to the level of friendship we got to without my knowing basic things about him still beats me cos it's so unlike me.

Anyway, I'd like to think we are a bit more than strangers. But you know na, anyone could be hiding behind your moniker. Don't you think so?
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2018
MissJoy29:

You are right. I had one like that for close to 2 years. How we got to the level of friendship we got to without my knowing basic things about me still beats me cos it's so unlike me.

Anyway, I'd like to think we are friends. But you know na, anyone could be hiding behind your moniker. Don't you think so?
@anyone hiding behind my moniker. Kindly explain that ?
If PreciousBro relates with you then it's Preciousbro not someone else.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:48am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:

Lol you even had to embolden the stranger. Like I'm supposed to get the memo that I'm still just a stranger. OK. If that's what or how you still see me. I'll resort to being one.
You upset.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:

@anyone hiding behind my moniker. Kindly explain that ?
If PreciousBro relates with you then it's Preciousbro not someone else.
Anyone like a troll.

@bolded....I hear you.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by PreciousBro: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2018
MissJoy29:

You upset.
I have every reason to be. It's baffling when you think your self a friend to someone and the person thinks otherwise especially when you and this person have had convos encapsulating durations of 2-4 months......
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:52am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:

It is what it is. Just flirts. However it carries cordial intentions seeing my likesness surpasses my absolute awareness of you.
Hmmmmm....nice.
Re: 10 Food Products That Can Be Full Of Surprises by MissJoy29(f): 8:56am On Aug 24, 2018
PreciousBro:

I have every reason to be. It's baffling when you think your self a friend to someone and the person thinks otherwise especially when you and this person has had convos encapsulating durations of 2-4 months......
I'm sorry I upset you. It wasn't intentional. I just didn't think we are friends & that's the truth. After all, we just started chatting well recently (if I'm wrong, correct me).

2-4 months? Really?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Monster Fish / Eat Fruits In Empty Stomach / World Most Expensive Bottle Water Cost $60,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.