Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC (13519 Views)

Why Saraki, Tinubu Are Fighting – Afenifere / Saraki Is No Oba : 55 Senators Can Force The Doors Open, By Ugoji Egbujo / 'Saraki Is Not A Robber': Protest Over Indictment Of Saraki In Offa Bank Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Nopeace4dwicked: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2018
Chronicles of APC blame game...

"16 years of the PDP"

"We are clearing the rot we met on ground"

"Blame Jonathan for our failure"

"PDP members in civil service are padding budget"

"Judiciary is corrupt. We need to invade them"

"Senate is not confirming our nominees"

"Saraki is slowing down our government"

They always have to blame someone for their incompetence.

3 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by goshen26: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2018
APC

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by frowland(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2018
iammo:
Saraki would try hard to push till APC primaries are conducted before October 7 inec deadline. After APC primaries, many senator without automatic ticket or the ones their state governors steal and influence their ticket, would simply defect to saraki/dogara's side

How about the ones that will have issues with PDP, will they remain with PDP or move to APC? You see, thinking with only one part of the brain ain't right.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by iammo(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2018
Makanjuola89:

You think PDP too won't have a divided house after their primary elections?
, sure but putting into consideration of how many APC strong men (seating governors) that would most likely muscle out 8 assembly NASS members. For a starter I know aregbe, ajimobi, amosun, elrufai, okorocha and a few northern gov would do everything to get their candidate or themselves in.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by farem: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2018
abokibuhari:
grin Tambuwal adjourned the house till December and the then opposition hailed him, Saraki just did his own for just few weeks they want to die. As for me and other meaningful Nigerian youths, Saraki till 2019...

Was there an important thing as attending to an INEC budget?
Do you also know that your tin god adjourned a week before the stipulated time?

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by iammo(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2018
frowland:

How about the ones that will have issues with PDP, will they remain with PDP or move to APC? You see, thinking with only one part of the brain ain't right.
If you are any educated which I doubt, you would know you actually think with one side of your brain and that's the Frontal Lobe, but since you don't know let's go back to politics. Going to the primaries with people like okorocha, ajumobi, aregbe, elrufai, and a co others, If you are smart which I doubt, you would sense more discord and power tussle in APC legislative primaries than PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by frowland(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2018
iammo:

If you are any educated which I doubt, you would know you actually think with one side of your brain and that's the Frontal Lobe, but since you don't know let's go back to politics. Going to the primaries with people like okorocha, ajumobi, aregbe, elrufai, and a co others, If you are smart which I doubt, you would sense more discord and power tussle in APC legislative primaries than PDP

Well, if you are not too dumb you should have known that such a phrase should be taking literally. A hyperbole you get? Oh! you don't grasp because you aren't that smart.
Then back to politics, I really did not know its only in APC that there will be doom and gloom between the Gov and the reps.. PDP gov and their reps are all blood brothers with no qualms. You know nothing about politics. Just bear palour analogy.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Deledinho: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2018
agwom:
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has said the Senate President Bukola Saraki has refused to reconvene National Assembly because he is afraid of impeachment.

The APC Acting National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yekini Nabena, in a phone interview with Daily Trust yesterday, said the Senator knew that the party had the two-third majority needed to impeach him.

Nabena said Saraki was just buying time thinking that the party would negotiate with him, advising the Senate President to reconvene National Assembly in the interest of the country.

When asked whether the APC was still insisting that National Assembly should reconvene to consider INEC Budget, virements from Mr President and other issues raised by the National Chairman, he said, “Yes, because it is for the good of the country and the masses if the National Assembly reconvenes. The budget is something that will affect everybody. So, it’s not for personal interest. Budget is meant for the country. We all know that the INEC issue is still outstanding, security and other issues of economic importance.

“So, we are still insisting that Senate President should reconvene the National Assembly. His only fear - he is afraid because he knows that the numbers are there. That is why he is afraid. But he is just buying time. All what he is doing is just to buy time to negotiate with him this time around.”

Asked if the APC was insisting that he (Saraki) should resign, Nabena said, “He needs to resign from the position since he has moved to the PDP. And this is not negotiable. Nobody is negotiating with him. And if he doesn’t, he will be impeached democratically.”

When reminded that there had been argument over what actually constituted the two-third majority, the APC acting spokesman said, “That is what I’m telling you. He knows that the two-third is there. He knows. That is why he is buying time. First of all, he must understand that the country comes first before any individual interest. If that is what is going to make the country move forward, the people also know that. So, the country cannot be held to standstill because of one man. So, if he is not afraid, let him come.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-saraki-is-afraid-of-reconvening-apc-267108.html

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by iammo(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2018
frowland:

Well, if you are not too dumb you should have known that such a phrase should be taking literally. A hyperbole you get? Oh! you don't grasp because you aren't that smart.
Then back to politics, I really did not know its only in APC that there will be doom and gloom between the Gov and the reps.. PDP gov and their reps are all blood brothers with no qualms. You know nothing about politics. Just bear palour analogy.

Don't care if it is "Bear" Parlour or Monkey parlour anology. NASS are on their legal annual recess, soon the primaries is coming, Nigerians shall see the real mother of all defection

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by emmie14: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2018
Peacecore:
Chest beater go n tell him to reconvene if he is not afraid
Noise makers. Impeach Saraki . Till 25/09/18. Die if you want. Your likes voted Buhari and congratulated Saraki when he dumped PDP for APC. Why are you complaining?. Bitterness is now your portion.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Pinkybush: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2018
Esseite:
There is no argument on what constitutes 2/3... it is 2/3 of the entire senate.

If its 2/3 of a quorum, we would be having senate presidency change everyday as those in a particular quorum can otherwise be seen as majority aswell.
Ur post make sense die. If that is what APC want to use as a yardstick.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by frowland(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2018
iammo:

Don't care if it is "Bear" Parlour or Monkey parlour anology. NASS are on their legal annual recess, soon the primaries is coming, Nigerians shall see the real mother of all defection

In my profile, I never indicated I am a professor in English. If you are good, I am not. You think I am scared of any stupid defections? The way you guys comment as if any defections means my bank account will depreciate or something of such is baffling.
Well, f your useless predictions takes the other route as PDP running to APC then what will happen? I saw one Akpabio move with senators and reps, I saw Tambuwal move. Changes nothing. Defections will happen both ways whether feather weight people like you like it or not.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by RexTramadol1: 9:56am On Aug 23, 2018
Psalter:
Why is Saraki afraid of reconvening the house? What should be paramount is the interest of the country and not personal and selfish interest. I implore Nigerians to view this issue beyond their political leanings but the overall interest of the country.

Whoever bcoms what in the national assembly is a personal interest not National

Understood?
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Asazwalingwa: 9:58am On Aug 23, 2018
Esseite:

If its 2/3 of a quorum, we would be having senate presidency change everyday as those in a particular quorum can otherwise be seen as majority aswell.

You nailed it.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by okokobioko1: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2018
Esseite:

am happy for the first time that somebody here without sentiments understand the grammar of how governance according to rules work.
thanks keep it
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by KanwuliaExtra: 10:12am On Aug 23, 2018
Duplipost! wink
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by senatorbayor(m): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2018
Its on record that Hamed lawal moved motion for the long adjournment and was seconded by Akpabio while saraki put the motion on voice votes and the whole senators supported it without a single dissenting voice from any APC senators

Ironically, the two senators who moved and seconded the motion for adjournment are in APC

What's the noise about saraki not reconvening the house
Was it not a joint decision by the whole house to have the long adjournment

It's unfortunate that the only reasons APC wants the house to reconvene is about saraki impeachment which is a tall dream

The house committees are already looking into the INEC budget and this will have to reach an agreement before being brought to the whole house

The APC seems to have lost touch with rules and guidelines of the workings of the house

If they have the 2/3rd to impeach saraki , they should not be in hurry ..
They should work harder to solidify them and as soon as the house reconvenes officially, they should launch their missiles if it will shoot

We are already seeing the leadership tussles in same APC caucus in the House of reps between gbajabiamila group and abdulmumin group

This is what you get when you are pursuing personal interest as against interest of the nation

Everyone wants to occupy his own space to impress buhari so that they can have access to election and campaign funds for 2019 in the name or buhari reps

It seems Oshiomole battery has gone so low that he hardly barks these days

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by KanwuliaExtra: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2018
Absolutely correct! kiss
He can only run for so long. grin
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Bewiseedet(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2018
You get sense
iammo:
Saraki would try hard to push till APC primaries are conducted before October 7 inec deadline. After APC primaries, many senator without automatic ticket or the ones their state governors steal and influence their ticket, would simply defect to saraki/dogara's side
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by jaxxy(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2018
Psalter:
Why is Saraki afraid of reconvening the house? What should be paramount is the interest of the country and not personal and selfish interest. I implore Nigerians to view this issue beyond their political leanings but the overall interest of the country.

Let Apc leave saraki alone so he can reconvene the senate peacefully in the overall interest of the country. Truth is Apc doesn’t care about the bullshitt Inec whatever or even insecurity and blabla they only care about impeaching saraki which will fail again and again.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by BrutusOj(m): 10:29am On Aug 23, 2018
Psalter:
Which interest of the country? Abegii..na today? undecided
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2018
abokibuhari:
grin Tambuwal adjourned the house till December and the then opposition hailed him, Saraki just did his own for just few weeks they want to die. As for me and other meaningful Nigerian youths, Saraki till 2019...

Wake up. day don break
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by udemzyudex(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2018
slotA4:
Saraki has turned APC to opposition party. So am not surprised seeing APC playing opposition role while they are still in power grin

They are used to the role so it's not a problem for them.

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by yusufbida(m): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2018
abokibuhari:

As for you and your other Non-meaningful villager's youth Saraki till 2019 in your locality.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by HAH: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2018
The national assembly always go on recess from august to September since 1999, it did not start with saraki, the only mischievous people are those that are asking him to break the holidays and reconvene the senate .

The irony is the fact that it was the APC leader Ahmed Lawal that moved the motion for adjournment and was seconded by Akpabio who is also APC today

2 Likes

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by gokson600: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2018
The host of Heaven will disappoint you all. They wil be like them that dream. Any youth voting for APC or PDP is doing his/her generation a disservice. AAC all the way. Anything is possible with God in him we trust. Nigerians are suffering and enough of this .

1 Like

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2018
I thought by now, APC and Oshiomole would have thrown Saraki out. But it seems they can only try to paint him bad in the eyes of the Public as per 199* politics when youths were not so interested in politics, But now, APC Has thought Nigerian youths and media House how to follow up with Nigeria Politics, now they cannot be deceived as per 199*-2015
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by jodeci(m): 11:01am On Aug 23, 2018
This rant would have made sense after 25th of September 2018. The senate is on recess and will remain so till their resumption date.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Justinah4real(f): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2018
Peacecore:
Chest beater go n tell him to reconvene if he is not afraid

Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Felixv: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2018
I heard he had to go to Ilorin in a bullet proof car. Oga Saraki recovenvene the senate and let the fireworks begin.

Then they can send him to kirikiri to join this thugs.

Strange how people would be supporting a man who feeding fat on their future.
Re: Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC by Themandator: 11:31am On Aug 23, 2018
iammo:

I believe the APC primaries for the senate comes two days efore or after the convening of the Nass in September. By then losers and winners would have emerged

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Senator Orji Kalu's Achievements In Abia North By Benjamin Kalu / Petrol May Sell Above ₦340/Litre, Marketers Plan Imports Amidst Forex Crisis / Osinbajo, Wole Soyinka, Kukah At Unveiling Of "Religion & Making Of Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.