Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN (10406 Views)

Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / CBN Bans Over-The-Counter Withdrawal Of New Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by bedspread: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
From Leaders to Citizens, Greediness, Selfish, Wickedness runs...

GOD FORBID!!
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by lastempero: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
commercial banks are responsible for that economic sabotage.

1 Like

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by flex04(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
FoxyFlow:
FALZ said it. What else do you need to know? There is a rumour self that the hundred Naira bill was last printed 2015 and I find it to be true. All the hundred Naira bills I have held were minted in the year 2015. Are they trying to stop its production? Why do we have scarcity of the bills? Even the new ones circulating are dated 2015.

I am not trying to start something but we all know the outburst of them people that year over the centinary notes....

Make I dey go...

come! come! why are you making it sound too dollaristic, why the bill bill

na naira note abeg grin grin
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by FoxyFlow(m): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
flex04:

come! come! why are you making it sound too dollaristic, why the bill bill

na naira note abeg grin grin

Hehehe.... I don Americanize oo

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by asawanathegreat(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Call Emefiele to order
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Sicilyjoe: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
Well I don't know were problem is coming from, I was at one bank last week and one aboki guy came in to make a deposit of 5k mint in hundred naira note, although I didn't notice it on time until he present it to the counter and I beg the cashier to give it to me, it only takes grace of God for him to give me 1k mint from the 5k and he later put it in some thing like a small hand bag

1 Like

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Princewell2012(m): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
IamPlato:

Thats True o. So This Is What Is Happening...

I Swear Who Ever Is Doing This Will Die Like Poisoned Rats...

Whenever I Go To Buy Things, I Always Hear "No Change". Its Very Annoying...

I wanted to buy 100 naira recharge card now but because of change I have to make it to 200. This people must be very wicked.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Juicybreed(m): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
Everything about Naija get K leg. This one pass curse
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by farmspark(m): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Akanoaaa(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
I think they stop producing #100 notes just because it doesn't have Arabic letters cause I could remember early this year I seen muric leader Ishaq Akintola on Lagos television saying those #100 notes was produced during Jonathan regime and its fake because it doesn't have any Arabic letter and FG should stop producing it. And am sure its the reason they stop producing #100 notes cause that new #100 note is only Nigeria paper note that doesn't have Arabic letter.

1 Like

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by IamPlato(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
Princewell2012:

I wanted to buy 100 naira recharge card now but because of change I have to make it to 200. This people must be very wicked.

I Was Buying Something With #1000 because They Didnt Have Change i Had To Buy Other Things still They Had 500naira change To Give...
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by ikept(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2018
OP, you raised a very strong point....
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by bobothem(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
No new production of 100 naira since 2014

1 Like

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Princewell2012(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
FoxyFlow:
FALZ said it. What else do you need to know? There is a rumour self that the hundred Naira bill was last printed 2015 and I find it to be true. All the hundred Naira bills I have held were minted in the year 2015. Are they trying to stop its production? Why do we have scarcity of the bills? Even the new ones circulating are dated 2015.

I am not trying to start something but we all know the outburst of them people that year over the centinary notes....

Make I dey go...
Good. Is not Everybody that will understand you.

All the currency that was printed during good luck era is called Good luck money by the Fulani's expecially the low denominations. They said Jonathan removed the Arabic inscription on and replaced it with English. Just watch they will stylishly change them and returned the Arabic inscriptions on them.

You can bookmark this page.

1 Like

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by chigoziri2403(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
the op is wrong, if there is shortage of lower denominations , hold the deposit money banks responsible.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by InvertedHammer: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
N120k to get N100k equivalent in N200 notes is ridiculous.

//
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by seangy4konji: 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
Animal kingdom.

Fela talk am

I wish war fit just happen make we sabi people weh go remain.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by sylvez(m): 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2018
flex04:
Someone even said somepeople have eaten our cash

Those Who Carried Out Looting of this Country Must Be Held to Account

if i can only disfinger them undecided undecided

You want to finger them ....or what do you mean exactly
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by sylvez(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
Even the available ones are so dirty and abused.... I no believe say I fit spend the one I spent today,

Funny enough, nobody rejects these currencies and once you receive it na so you go dey keep am very well so that e no go tear finish.... Make them no come do last burial for your head....

Upon how scarce the currency dey, e still plenty for our churches...

But on a lighter note, if you need change, plenty N5, N10, N20,N50, and N100 notes just come to our church on Sunday..... The change you'll get can serve you till the following Sunday.....

Opinionated:
By Eruobodo Lanre Oyenuga

If you are friends with; our Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, or the CBN Governor, Godwin Emiefele, please help me tag all in this post. Cash based retail businesses in Nigeria is being destroyed today by staff of our CBN in charge of distribution of new lower denominations currency – the N50, N100 and N200 notes.

Rather than send these new notes to our banks, as replacement to the old and thorn ones, these CBN staff route the “mint” notes through an illegal association of currency traders, whose members litter party event centres, to hawk these new notes to Nigerians, wanting to use same to “spray” at parties, often at premiums as high as 30%-40%!

The effect of these institutionalized corruption inside our CBN is that, these lower denomination currencies have become so so scarce, that our traders are losing as high as 50% of turnovers there from. Each time you want to buy any article of between N50 to say N500, the very first question the traders ask is: “Do you have change”?

If you don’t understand my point, what I’m is saying is, this country is losing billions of Naira in trading opportunities daily, from the criminal activities of possibly less than 100 people in our CBN! This must stop!
This act is 100 times worse than our SARS that went rogue! It is silently destroying the trading/retailing arm of our economy!

Mr. Osinbajo heads this country’s economic team. The Governor of the CBN is necessarily part of that team. Please let these men know, the activities of our CBN staff are killing the economy.

New notes are serially numbered. The serial numbers of every of these issued to any bank are recorded. These numbering and issuance can be computerized and made available to all banks.

Since the personnel of the banks in charge of these notes are also known. Thus, if the banks/CBN wants to trace how any batch of money got to the hands of these hawkers/vendors, it is simpler than tracing footprints on the sand.
The simple reason this evil business has continued is because, it primarily harms the lowly, to the traditional corrupt benefits of the affluent in our society! Unfortunately, we are losing million folds economically!

Source: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN

Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Awoo88: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
mistakay:
Who told you its the cbn thats giving out mint notes to those hawkers? Its after the notes are supplied to commercial banks the managers call those people and exchange the mints for them after settlement.If you have a bank manager friend you can also get mints easily any time.
You are not current. I had source lower denominations from CBN for a friend. If you have someone n CBN, you can place order for lower denominations. You will not even get mint note from banks. Only used note
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by chigoziri2403(m): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
Awoo88:

You are not current. I had source lower denominations from CBN for a friend. If you have someone n CBN, you can place order for lower denominations. You will not even get mint note from banks. Only used note
then your friend isn't a staff.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by saintol(m): 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
The kind of #100 and #50 wey I dey see for nija now dey make me wonder if we get government. Some go don turn to rag with multiple tapes like an accidental victim. In short, majority of the #100 and #50 notes are accidental.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by destined4favour: 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
God bless you for this information, no wonder there is no change anywhere I knew some corrupt act was going on somewhere, let use this forum to disgrace and fish them out. same reason there is no power supply in this country.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by OlujobaSamuel: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
op, your assertion isnt true, although the system is corrupt and we do have staff of these organisations selling the currency notes, but in respect to the current crisis, that is not the case.
The CBN stopped minting/printing any new note for a very long time now, check even the ones you see at events, the year should be 2015/16, this is because there is no record of denomination shortage.
The lack of record of shortage is because cbn is charging banks for not separating good notes from bad notes before taking it to cbn, while bank insist that cbn should be responsible for such because it should be their job to identify unworthy notes.
This result to banks not taking such fund to cbn so they just recycle it within the economy while the cbn pretends they are not aware.
I think the president should order the cbn to stop the sorting charge so banks can take all notes within its care to the cbn.
NB: check any new note you see for year of production, you wont see any recent year on it.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Awoo88: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2018
chigoziri2403:
then your friend isn't a staff.
He is.
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by chigoziri2403(m): 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Awoo88:
He is.
tell him to give you exactly what you want
Re: That New Notes Criminal Syndicate In Our CBN by Awoo88: 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
chigoziri2403:
tell him to give you exactly what you want
Wetin u dey type?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Dont Have A Bvn. Can I Open A Bank Account? / Easy Online Business -affiliate Marketing Business A Sure Way To Internet Wealth / Oil Production Lagos Expects First 13 Derivation Fund December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.