Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! (8339 Views)

Some Interesting Nigerian Proverbs With Pictures / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri / Some Hilarious Pidgin English Proverbs To Crack You Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by MisterDreamz(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
Yoruba dun,oyin ni!(Yoruba is as sweet as honey)
This is the game:Complete a proverb(Translate in english if you can,for non-Yoruba people),then start another one(to be completed by another user).You can start another one if you can't complete the previous one(to be completed by soneone else).
If your proverb can't be completed for a while,please help complete it.

I don't want the thread to be completely in yoruba so others can learn.

You will be amazed how much you know and you don't know(Eni mo eyi,komo iyen,lo di Ifa fun Orunmila to lo re ko Ifa lodo omo re Amosun...He who knows this does not know that,this is why Orunmila learnt some Ifa verses from his son).

No proverb is too simple!
Sorry for the long intro...pardon any typo!
Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by MisterDreamz(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Oya oo...Ere ti beere!
E pari owe yi:

Ile oba to jo...
Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by RoaringLion11(f): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
MisterDreamz:
Oya oo...Ere ti beere!
E pari owe yi:

Ile oba to jo...

.....ewa lo bu si...

1 Like

Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by sseunth(m): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
Ile La n wo,

1 Like

Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by MisterDreamz(m): 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
RoaringLion11:

.....ewa lo bu si...
Ile oba to jo ewa lo bu so
(The king's palace that got burnt,will be rebuilt to be more beautiful than the previous)

In situations of loss,I regard myself as a king(with burnt palace)and make better comebacks...especially academically and business wise.

This proverb became one of my favorites after I first heard it from my grandma(didn't understand it then).
Sorry for the digression!
Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by MisterDreamz(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
sseunth:
Ile La n wo,
Ile la n wo,ki a to so omo ni oruko.
(The state of the family/home or circumstances around a child's birth determines the child's name)

Mo iwa fun oni iwa...
Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by Olu317(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
MisterDreamz:

Ile la n wo,ki a to so omo ni oruko.
(The state of the family/home or circumstances around a child's birth determines the child's name)

Mo iwa fun oni iwa...
oún lo njé oré jó oré

Àì gbò'fà là ún wokè
Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by MisterDreamz(m): 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
Olu317:
oún lo njé oré jó oré
Àì gbò'fà là ún wokè
Ifa kan o si ni paara(Sanmo)
Adiye Irana...

1 Like

Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by Olu317(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
MisterDreamz:

Ifa kan o si ni paara(Sanmo)

Adiye Irana...
sánmón is a modernised Yoruba word ooooo grin ( Ofúrúfú or òórún is proper Yoruba ooo). All good though

Cheers
Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by MisterDreamz(m): 12:19am On Aug 25, 2018
Olu317:
sánmón is a modernised Yoruba word ooooo grin ( Ofúrúfu or òórùn is proper Yoruba ooo). All good though

Cheers
wow...Ese pupo!

1 Like

Re: ERE OWE Yoruba(yoruba Proverbs Game):come in,participate And learn! by MisterDreamz(m): 12:26am On Aug 25, 2018
Adiye irana kii Se owun ajegbe(a'njebe)
Bi won ba n din owo alagbafo...

(1) (Reply)

2014 Census Shows That Yoruba People Are Becoming The Major Ethnic Group / Ogun Ito Sugar (diabetes) / What Is The Traditional Music From Your Town/state Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.