Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Lai Mohammed: Why I Cannot Accept Chieftaincy Title Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: Why I Cannot Accept Chieftaincy Title Now (254 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Why It’s Difficult To Fight Bandits / Lai Mohammed: Why We Continue To Borrow / Junaid Mohammed: Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested If He Steps Into Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Why I Cannot Accept Chieftaincy Title Now by ceometromedia: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has asked for postponement of the conferment of a chieftaincy title offered to him by Oba Mathew Ajiboye, the Eleju of Ejuland, Sanmora community, near Omuaran, in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara.

The monarch had on behalf of the community offered the Chieftancy title of “Oluomo” of Ejuland, Sanmora at a Chieftancy installation ceremony in Sanmora.

The monarch said .the installation ceremony would hold before the end of the year while challenging the minister to take his rightful political leadership position in the state on behalf of his community

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports Mohammed was in the community to grace the installation of a popular film marketer, Abdulmaroof Afolayan as the Oloba of Ejuland, Sanmora.

Oba Ajiboye who spoke in Yoruba language said: “it is time to return home and take charge of the political sphere of Kwara.

“I am ready to support you and the Sanmora people are also behind you.

“This time around, I will personally follow you from home to home being the political head we are looking onto at the national level”.

The minister thanked the King and the entire community for the recognition and honour bestowed on him.

He said his father hailed from Sanmora and he would ensure that what is due to the community like every other Kwara towns would be delivered to them.

The minister disclosed that discussion was ongoing on the construction of Ajase-Sanmora-Iludun road because of its importance to the development of the towns and improvement of living standard of the people.

Mohammed said he accepted the honour of the chieftancy title given to him but the installation should come after ending his service as a federal minister.

He explained that they were given a caveat by the administration not to take chieftancy title while serving as federal cabinet members.

http://www.metronaija.ng/lai-mohammed-why-i-cannot-accept-chieftaincy-title-now/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Lai Mohammed: Why I Cannot Accept Chieftaincy Title Now by KingSatan: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am a happy celestial being.

Just keep lying my Son. Its your Supernatural Wiring.
Re: Lai Mohammed: Why I Cannot Accept Chieftaincy Title Now by Caseless: 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2018

He explained that they were given a caveat by the administration not to take chieftancy title while serving as federal cabinet members.

Sai baba!

(1) (Reply)

Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC / Apc’s Recent Election Victories ‘sign Of Things To Come’ In 2019 – Buhari / There Are Plans To Assasinate Me, One Of My Aides – Gov. Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.