Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

*Deleted* - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / *Deleted* (468 Views)

Comedian Mr. Macaroni Slams Atiku Over Deleted Tweet About Late. Deborah / Deleted / Your Whatsapp Account Will Be Deleted If You Don't Agree To New Terms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*Deleted* by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
*Deleted*
Re: *Deleted* by NL1960: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Extremism:
Annually, the National Examinations Council, NECO, conducts National Common Entrance Examination for admission into Junior Secondary School (JSS 1) of Federal Government Unity Colleges throughout the country and other interested foreign countries. In 2018 this year, about 80,000 students enrolled for the examination. My question is, is it compulsory for those who do not intend seeking admission into Federal Government Colleges to write the Common Entrance Examination? The reason I am asking is that I intend enrolling my son in a Private Secondary School next year and to me, it would be unnecessary for him to write the Common Entrance Examination since he won't be seeking admission into any of the Federal Government Colleges in Nigeria. The reason I am asking is that from my childhood days, I always felt Common Entrance was compulsory for all Primary School students until I recently logged into the NECO website and found the information quoted below:

"The National Common Entrance Examination for admission into Junior Secondary School (JSS 1) of Federal Government Unity Colleges for 2018 will be held throughout the country and other interested foreign countries.

Only Final year pupils of Primary Schools are eligible for the exams."

Taking into consideration the emboldened portion of the quote above, it seems clear to me that my son will have no business writing the Common Entrance Examination but I may be wrong. I will like to hear divergent views on this backed by necessary facts and information from relevant government agencies or laws.

The National Common Entrance examination is only for those that want to send their kids to any of the 104 Federal Government Unity secondary schools. If you want to send your kid to a private secondary school or any of the missionary secondary schools, you do not need it.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me I Need To Change My Course / Nigerian School Directory – List Any School You Run / How To Study When You Are Not Motivated | 5 Secret Of Staying Motivated To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.