Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili (810 Views)

Things You Don't Know About Njideka Akunyili,daughter Of Late Prof Dora Akunyili / Family Announces Burial Arrangement For Late Prof. Dora Akunyili / Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili by Huramabi(m): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
Madam Dora has been in the news recently for various reasons,it seems she enjoys the glare of camera. Or probably she has ambition for elective office, cause she has almost exhausted her slot of appointive office. The only person she has to compete with is Ojo Madueke, whose last appointment was in Yardua cabinet having transited from military regimes to OBJ government.

Politics is our target at Geria today, it is the sim card registration that is going on. I heard it first from my father, my opinion was quite different I felt it is not legally right to be asked to register your simm card. Yesterday, again I saw some points at Ikeja where simm cards was being registered. Until I read this article in 234next.com, that I realised that this is the practice even in developed economy. As in, it guards against fraud. for complete story visit http://www.geria.net/2010/06/26/we-will-seize-mobile-phones-in-the-streets-dora-akunyili/
Re: We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili by ElRazur: 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2010
No need to register a phone if the network technology is up-to-date. Using Triangulation alone, one's location can be pin-pointed down to a few 100 metres.  With the advent of Smart phone with built in GPS/tracking ware, it is easy to track people if needed. But I guess things are different back home?

I have X amount of sim cards and only two is registered because they are on contract. There is no legal obligation for me to do so.

Also people can always register sim card in other people's name and in fake addresses.
Re: We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili by Acidosis(m): 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2010
ElRazur:

Also people can always register sim card in other people's name and in fake addresses.
Pls tell empty_hen, etimama & zainab!
Re: We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili by Vindy: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2010
About fake identity its been done as we speak. Trust Nigerians.
Re: We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili by jarkbauer: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2010
but you cant fake your pic and finger print
Re: We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili by philip0906(m): 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^
a u sure u r a nigerian?if not u wont make dat comment cheesy grin
Re: We Will Seize Mobile Phones In The Streets, Dora Akunyili by Huramabi(m): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2010
ElRazur that is another angle so it is not compulsory to register simm cards where you live. will have to check nigeria telecom laws to know what the law says,

(1) (Reply)

Houses Demolition And Road Rehab. Stop In Lagos / Unical Admission / Pastor Tunde Bakare Is Now The Running Mate To Gen. Muhammud Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.