Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (451104 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kokomo: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
Hi gurus, please need a real naija user review of this car 2011 MERCEDES-BENZ GLK 350 4MATIC, a close friend of mine is thinking of buying one.

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kokomo:
Hi gurus, please need a real naija user review of this car 2011 MERCEDES-BENZ GLK 350 4MATIC, a close friend of mine is thinking of buying one.

Thanks

Same car as the C Class for most intents and purposes. Nothing wrong with it.

Watch out for wheel speed sensors, thermostats, and cooling hoses.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 12:03am On Sep 14, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Pretty sure the Accord is classified as full-size these days. The TL is also pretty roomy. RL if you want the full package.

He said he wants something a bit rare. I'm sure you can do better than an acura.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:47am On Sep 14, 2020
foolbuster:

He said he wants something a bit rare. I'm sure you can do better than an acura.

All fun and games until he buys the rare car and can't find parts.

The RL is rare and a much better car than the options he was looking at.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ping2ping: 7:13am On Sep 15, 2020
ping2ping:
Hello house. Please help me make a choice of these cars. The car will primarily be used within the city - to office, to church activities, school runs and them occasional inter state travels (from South-West to South East).

Important to me is fuel efficiency (in this period of deregulation, who knows fuel may still rise to N200/litre grin), stiff suspensions as it will be doing inter state once in a while with loads(mostly family things), enough space and leg room at the back (can contain 4 children of ages 7-13 on a long trip) and then low maintainability (not so expensive parts). I have narrowed down my search to the following:

1. Toyota Matrix [2005/2006]
2. Toyota Avensis saloon [2005/2006]
3. Toyota Camry [2005/2006]
4. Toyota Corolla Verso Auto [2005/2006] - I hear this model comes with CVT transmission which develops problem easily and difficult to maintain. i wouldn't know how true this is.

I will really appreciate your kind assistance on this.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2020
ping2ping:

Any help on this will be highly appreciated

Matrix.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2020
Please I need a review about BMW sedan cars from 2003 till 2006, in terms of comfort ease of maintenance and parts availability as well well as fuel economy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
nonhuman:
Please I need a review about BMW sedan cars from 2003 till 2006, in terms of comfort ease of maintenance and parts availability as well well as fuel economy

Start from the following websites then you can come here later for more specific answers;

www.google.com
www.kbb.com
www.cars.com
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by SaintHilary(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2020
Bosses, evening to everyone

>>Pls I need a review on 2004-2006 Toyota Camry and a 2008 Hyundai Elantra strictly for Uber biz. Would be getting a toks.

>>Low fuel consumption and Maintenance are the basic things that matter. @ Nurey >> HeavenlyBang Help omoboy make I no make wrong investment abeg
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2020
SaintHilary:

>>Pls I need a review on 2004-2006 Toyota Camry and a 2008 Hyundai Elantra strictly for Uber biz. Would be getting a toks.

>>Low fuel consumption and Maintenance are the basic things that matter. @ Nurey >> HeavenlyBang Help omoboy make I no make wrong investment abeg

Cc: Gazzuzz
Elantra has better fuel economy but I'm not sure how it holds up for e-hailing.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 8:32am On Sep 16, 2020
SaintHilary:

The Elantra body doesn’t look well after sometime with the fact that you will be driving on so many bad roads. Go with the Camry strong body.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
I want to talk about BMW 3 series as well as the 5series in comaparism, but focusing more on 3series because that is the type I always see around, now I want to know the the real things about BMW that made it look like a big luxury car, and how good are they in Nigerian roads compare to Japanese cars, are they very reliable as Mercedes benz, are their spare parts readily available in our markets, why do most people avoid BMs and volks even when they are regarded as German machines, I love the 3series but I am scared of getting one because I don't see many of it on our roads,
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2020
Cc: Marpol

My last post triggered the spambot for some reason. Please unflag.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2020
nonhuman:
I want to talk about BMW 3 series as well as the 5series in comaparism, but focusing more on 3series because that is the type I always see around, now I want to know the the real things about BMW that made it look like a big luxury car, and how good are they in Nigerian roads compare to Japanese cars, are they very reliable as Mercedes benz, are their spare parts readily available in our markets, why do most people avoid BMs and volks even when they are regarded as German machines, I love the 3series but I am scared of getting one because I don't see many of it on our roads,

Benz and BMW score low points on reliability. However, if you have deep pockets, go for them. OEM parts ONLY must be used and these are readily available.

They are not as reliable as most Japanese brands though, but better driving experience.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2020
nonhuman:

Depends on what model you intend to get, I love the E46 and from what I know about it, the engines are reliable from the 4cylinder to the top of the line M3, but the 07 upwards E90 is an owners nightmare, people are advice to avoid it like a plague if you can.

But information on BMW are bound on the BMW thread on Cartalk lots of guru to allay your fears and advise right
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
Good evening my people

Please, what transmission oil is recommended for Honda Accord 2015 - v4 and how many liters?

Make I no go out Type TIV inside abeg.

Thanks

@nurey
@radautoworks
@kingreign
@eddee
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
lexini:
Good evening my people

Please, what transmission oil is recommended for Honda Accord 2015 - v4 and how many liters?

Make I no go out Type TIV inside abeg.

Thanks

@nurey
@radautoworks
@kingreign
@eddee

Honda accord i4 2015 model uses HCF-2 fluid cos its got a cvt transmission. Get like 4L to do drain and refill. Hope you/your technician knows how to do it?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
Thanks bro

I hope so too. lol.

I’d be sure to check YouTube for that.

Any particular brand of oil I should buy and where can I get it?

kingreign:

Honda accord i4 2015 model uses HCF-2 fluid cos its got a cvt transmission. Get like 4L to do drain and refill. Hope you/your technician knows how to do it?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
lexini:
Thanks bro

I hope so too. lol.

I’d be sure to check YouTube for that.

Any particular brand of oil I should buy and where can I get it?

I mentioned that the 4 cylinders uses CVT transmissions and that their recommended fluids are HCF-2 fluid.

As for location for purchase, I can't tell cos I don't know where you reside. That said, you'd definitely get it in Lagos and Abuja.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lexini: 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
Thanks.

What I meant is this - is HCF-2 a Honda Brand? Or Abro or Castrol etc...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ibk2020: 12:01am On Sep 21, 2020
Pls BTW Honda civic 2008 and hyundai elantras 2008, which is the best. I heard civic develop gearbox problems.

My previous car is corolla.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ebby9z(m): 2:01am On Sep 21, 2020
Thank God for coming across this thread!

Please, I intend to buy a Naija used car next month and I'm stuck between

My Budget is 800k-1m

I work from home but I intend to be using it for Uber ( side hustle) once in a while.

I'm seeing a lot of people say they prefer Honda Civic to Corrolla.

I had either Corrolla or Camry Big Daddy in mind before.

The reason I was avoiding Honda is because of the infamous ball joint issue.

It's a first car, please epp mai laif.

@heavenlybangs
@nurey

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2020
ebby9z:
Thank God for coming across this thread!

Please, I intend to buy a Naija used car next month and I'm stuck between

My Budget is 800k-1m

I work from home but I intend to be using it for Uber ( side hustle) once in a while.

I'm seeing a lot of people say they prefer Honda Civic to Corrolla.

I had either Corrolla or Camry Big Daddy in mind before.

The reason I was avoiding Honda is because of the infamous ball joint issue.

It's a first car, please epp mai laif.

@heavenlybangs
@nurey

God bless you.

Civics don't have ball joint issue since their inception

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ebby9z(m): 11:11am On Sep 21, 2020
nurey:

Civics don't have ball joint issue since their inception

Wow. Thanks a lot for responding. Do you have a range of years I should hopefully go for?
With your response, I'll consider buying Honda Civic then.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
ebby9z:

Wow. Thanks a lot for responding. Do you have a range of years I should hopefully go for?

02 to 09 but condition of the specimen should be your priority when you find one within your budget. so ensure inspection is done by a competent technician
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ebby9z(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
nurey:

02 to 09 but condition of the specimen should be your priority when you find one within your budget. so ensure inspection is done by a competent technician

Absolutely, I am going with q competent technician to do a comprehensive inspection. Since it's a first car and I don't yet know much about cars, I intend to have one with very minimal mechanic trips.

Thanks for your input. God bless you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2020
Good evening sirs, I'm about getting a 2013/2014 accord v6, I'd like to know if it's a good buy.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hustlersdiary:
Good evening sirs, I'm about getting a 2013/2014 accord v6, I'd like to know if it's a good buy.
Thanks in anticipation.

Great car, buy and enjoy. Excellent engine with excellent fuel economy and good power.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ping2ping: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
ebby9z:

You may wish to avoid 2002-2003 model of Civic.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hustlersdiary: 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Great car, buy and enjoy. Excellent engine with excellent fuel economy and good power.

Thanks sir.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by LudaChriz(m): 3:20am On Sep 22, 2020
Pls I need the comparison between Camry 2003-2006 V6 engine and 2.4

Also, I noticed the reverse light position used to be different...some at the middle and some at the extreme, pls what's the difference between the two?

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.