Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447458 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
Numberz:
Good afternoon all. Please a family friend (woman 45+) is interested in any good Hyundai SUV (below 3.7m) with her primary considerations being;
RELIABILITY, DURABILITY & PARTS AVAILABILITY.
Kindly recommend a good one with year of production.
Thanks.

Cc
Radautoworks
Gazzuz
Kingreign
Nurey
+ All major stakeholders

ix35
Tucson is good too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2020
Numberz:
Good afternoon all. Please a family friend (woman 45+) is interested in any good Hyundai SUV (below 3.7m) with her primary considerations being;
RELIABILITY, DURABILITY & PARTS AVAILABILITY.
Kindly recommend a good one with year of production.
Thanks.

Cc
Radautoworks
Gazzuz
Kingreign
Nurey
+ All major stakeholders

Would have loved to advise but don't really know how much cars cost here
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Numberz(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
nurey:

ix35
Tucson is good too

Any preferred year of production with below "3.7m" in mind Sir?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
Numberz:

Any preferred year of production with below "3.7m" in mind Sir?

go to jiji or olx input Hyundai Tucson or ix35 then pick model years that work within your price range.

for the Tucson 2010 upwards

for ix35 I think production started 2012

I don't know whether the Hyundai creta falls within your budget
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Firestick: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Folks,
How reliable is the Volvo XC90 2005?

@heavenlybang
@nurey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2020
Firestick:
Folks,
How reliable is the Volvo XC90 2005?

@heavenlybang
@nurey

very very reliable, don't buy the T6 engine variant, other engine variants are solid

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Please someone should explain Differences between Mercedes models.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
wiconse:
Please someone should explain Differences between Mercedes models.
Right now.

A Class: FWD Sedan/Hatch
B Class: FWD Hatch
CLA Class: FWD Coupe-like sedan.
C Class: RWD compact sedan.
E Class: RWD mid-size sedan. This is where true Mercedes begins.
CLS Class: RWD mid-size coupe-like sedan.
S Class: RWD full-size sedan. Mercedes flagship.

For SUVs.
GLA: A Class SUV
GLB: B Class SUV
GLC (previously GLK): C Class SUV
GLE (previously ML): E Class SUV
GLS (previously GL): S Class SUV.
G Wagon: Off-road/luxury rugged SUV.

All RWD models have multiple AMG models.
AMG is Mercedes' performance arm. Similar to Dodge's SRT, BMW's M Power, Audi's RS, and Cadillac's V branches.

C43: Twin Turbo V6
C63/C63S: Twin Turbo V8
E43: TT V6
E53: TT i6
E63: TT V8
CLS53: TT i6
CLS63: TT V8
S63: TT V8
S65: TT V12 (The king of the lineup)

FWD models
A35, A45
CLA35, CLA45

Other models
CLK - C/E Class hybrid coupe, replaced by the E Class Coupe
SLK (replaced by the SLC) - Roadster
CL - S Class Coupe
SL - Top tier Coupe/Roadster

SUV models are styled similarly.

The CLA and A Class are...not truly Mercedes. They are, but not really. They're for those who want the badge without the actual engineering. The C Class is much better, but it's from the E Class upwards that you get the full, actual Mercedes heritage.

"Mercedes starts with an E".

AMG models only have two numbers: 35, 45, 43, 53, 63, 65. There's nothing like a C300 AMG. Anyone with such a badge should be drawn and quartered.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loyason(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
why state ur reasons please
HeavenlyBang:

The RX400H is a hybrid. Please avoid.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Right now.

A Class: FWD Sedan/Hatch
B Class: FWD Hatch
CLA Class: FWD Coupe-like sedan.
C Class: RWD compact sedan.
E Class: RWD mid-size sedan. This is where true Mercedes begins.
CLS Class: RWD mid-size coupe-like sedan.
S Class: RWD full-size sedan. Mercedes flagship.

For SUVs.
GLA: A Class SUV
GLB: B Class SUV
GLC (previously GLK): C Class SUV
GLE (previously ML): E Class SUV
GLS (previously GL): S Class SUV.
G Wagon: Off-road/luxury rugged SUV.

All RWD models have multiple AMG models.
AMG is Mercedes' performance arm. Similar to Dodge's SRT, BMW's M Power, Audi's RS, and Cadillac's V branches.

C43: Twin Turbo V6
C63/C63S: Twin Turbo V8
E43: TT V6
E53: TT i6
E63: TT V8
CLS53: TT i6
CLS63: TT V8
S63: TT V8
S65: TT V12 (The king of the lineup)

FWD models
A35, A45
CLA35, CLA45

SUV models are styled similarly.

The CLA and A Class are...not truly Mercedes. They are, but not really. They're for those who want the badge without the actual engineering. The C Class is much better, but it's from the E Class upwards that you get the full, actual Mercedes heritage.

"Mercedes starts with an E".

AMG models only have two numbers: 35, 45, 43, 53, 63, 65. There's nothing like a C300 AMG. Anyone with such a badge should be drawn and quartered.

Oh. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
loyason:
why state ur reasons please

Not enough technical know-how around here for proper maintenance.

Only person I know who handles hybrids is Gazzuzz.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
wiconse:

Oh. Thanks

Expect my invoice, sir.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Expect my invoice, sir.
Do you sell cars?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
wiconse:

Do you sell cars?

Nah, just car purchasing advice.

Do you want to buy a car?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Miee: 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
Can you identify the Rolls-Royce models?
Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VoTC6rB-qU
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cedarfarms: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Nah, just car purchasing advice.

Do you want to buy a car?

I know you weren't referring to me, but I'd like you to help me make a decision between a corolla and civic....

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
Cedarfarms:

I know you weren't referring to me, but I'd like you to help me make a decision between a corolla and civic....

Thanks

What years?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cedarfarms: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

What years?

2007/2008
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
Cedarfarms:

2007/2008

Corolla is the safer option. Everyone owns one.

The Civic is the better car, though.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Cedarfarms: 7:10pm On Aug 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Hmmmmmm.....quite interesting.

Thanks alot
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If you buy corolla, install tracker. If you buy civic, you will have rest of mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loyason(m): 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2020
Please are you saying all hybrid are not good , or just the lexus own?
HeavenlyBang:

Not enough technical know-how around here for proper maintenance.

Only person I know who handles hybrids is Gazzuzz.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
loyason:
Please are you saying all hybrid are not good , or just the lexus own?

Never said hybrids are bad, but my initial statement holds true for all hybrids.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hi guy saw a 2007 Civic si, how reliable, availability of parts, cost of Maintenance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:46am On Sep 02, 2020
dicksonadams:
Hi guy saw a 2007 Civic si, how reliable, availability of parts, cost of Maintenance

I believe most K series engines share accessories. Other parts should bolt in from the regular Civic apart from brakes, I think.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 5:04am On Sep 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I believe most K series engines share accessories. Other parts should bolt in from the regular Civic apart from brakes, I think.
here is how the engine looks like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Eldemmi(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

sir you didn't add Civic comes with peace of mind .
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialGaGa(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
pls oh.... I am kinda new to this trend.. I want to ask between Acura ZDX n MDX which is better in terms of fuel consumption, durability, maintenance etc...
I love both cars. infact one might even say I kinda prefer the ZDX to the MDX...

but I want bosses in the house to enlighten me.. I have an open mind towards both cars regardless.
thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
OfficialGaGa:
pls oh.... I am kinda new to this trend.. I want to ask between Acura ZDX n MDX which is better in terms of fuel consumption, durability, maintenance etc...
I love both cars. infact one might even say I kinda prefer the ZDX to the MDX...

but I want bosses in the house to enlighten me.. I have an open mind towards both cars regardless.
thanks

Same Eba, one is white garri, the other is yellow garri
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
OfficialGaGa:

thanks

They're essentially the same car.

Buy the ZDX if you like the styling and for swagger points.
Buy the MDX for practicality and to save money.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ekakamba: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
Eldemmi:

sir you didn't add Civic comes with peace of mind .

HeavenlyBang:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialGaGa(m): 4:57am On Sep 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

They're essentially the same car.

Buy the ZDX if you like the styling and for swagger points.
Buy the MDX for practicality and to save money.

thanks boss man... but I really have this question I wanting clarification on... why it's dat the ZDX is kinda expensive dat the MDX in Nigeria.. even the adverts on the ZDX here on Nairaland, and other car selling website like cheki and jiji they have been even priced as high as 10m even 12m naira... lowest range I have since is between 4.5 to 5mil why is dat sir...

meanwhile the MDX like from the 2007 to 2014/15 models (which I actually prefer for their ZDX ish like design to the older models) most goes for between 4 to 5/6 million for its highest price (though I stand to be corrected)...

is there like a special reason or something...

thanks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: inagbe1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.