Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446847 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Eddee(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, 510 HP puts you firmly at the top of the super compact segment on paper. You'd still get gapped by an M4, though, sadly. cheesy

Anyway, yeah. I don't think anyone really needs more than ~400 HP. That's already enough to get most cars to 60 MPH in 4.5s.

All these speed shocked, God forbid you drive for traffic, small Corolla/Civic go show 400 hp pepper when no be straightline movement grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2020
Eddee:

All these speed shocked, God forbid you drive for traffic, small Corolla/Civic go show 400 hp pepper when no be straightline movement grin

grin grin
Useless in Nigeria anyway. Where road dey to enjoy am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ecalistus(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Please I need suggestions between this three cars.
GLK 350 2011/2012
Venza 2010
RX350 2010

Which one should I go for.
Am looking for a good car that won't trouble me.
Better fuel economy
Affordable Maintenance costs.

Would like to hear from real users who have drives either or all of this cars.

Tell me what you think please.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2020
Ecalistus:
Please I need suggestions between this three cars.
GLK 350 2011/2012
Venza 2010
RX350 2010

Which one should I go for.
Am looking for a good car that won't trouble me.
Better fuel economy
Affordable Maintenance costs.

Would like to hear from real users who have drives either or all of this cars.

Tell me what you think please.

If you're buying a GLK, the 2013 is the year to guy. That was when it was facelifted.

GLK has best driving dynamics and is the best-looking of them. Maintenence will be most expensive.

Venza is cheapest to buy. Good car, nothing special.

RX350 is similar to the Venza, but with more equipment, a better interior, and better ride quality.

GLK if you want a good-looking car that handles pretty damn well. It will also draw the most attention. It's a bit boyish imo.

RX350 if you want a well-built, reliable SUV. Venza is if you want a cheaper RX350 that's slightly worse at everything.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ecalistus(m): 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

If you're buying a GLK, the 2013 is the year to guy. That was when it was facelifted.

GLK has best driving dynamics and is the best-looking of them. Maintenence will be most expensive.

Venza is cheapest to buy. Good car, nothing special.

RX350 is similar to the Venza, but with more equipment, a better interior, and better ride quality.

GLK if you want a good-looking car that handles pretty damn well. It will also draw the most attention. It's a bit boyish imo.

RX350 if you want a well-built, reliable SUV. Venza is if you want a cheaper RX350 that's slightly worse at everything.

Thanks a lot bro.
I would have chosen Venza but I do not understand why the price is higher than GLK.
I think GLK is a good buy for that price when compared to Venza.
I enjoyed Benz interior quality and design than other cars i have entered.
Just don’t want to draw a lot of attention to myself when i pass by.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
Ecalistus:

Thanks a lot bro.
I would have chosen Venza but I do not understand why the price is higher than GLK.
get the rx350 if u dnt wana draw attention.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ecalistus(m): 12:22am On Nov 05, 2020
Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ecalistus:

Thanks a lot bro.

From the words in bold, it's obvious you've chosen the RX350.

Heavenlybang gave you a very honest and detailed suggestion but your response showed you already have your choice in mind.

So, why come here to disturb the rest of the elders here?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Mendy31: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
Mendy31:
Good day bosses here

Abeg I need advice
I currently drive a GS300 but the car is too low for 9ja roads,the car is barely 6 weeks used and I’m looking to sell to buy an suv

I’m considering RX330, Venza and RAV4

What of ML350 08
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, 510 HP puts you firmly at the top of the super compact segment on paper. You'd still get gapped by an M4, though, sadly. cheesy

Anyway, yeah. I don't think anyone really needs more than ~400 HP . That's already enough to get most cars to 60 MPH in 4.5s.
350hp is more than enough for what anyone needs to do under normal daily commute or interstate travels. 400hp is sports car territory power.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
kingreign:
350hp is more than enough for what anyone needs to do under normal daily commute or interstate travels. 400hp is sports car territory power.

Definitely. With just 300 HP, I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I felt more power was needed.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ecalistus(m): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2020
Philadelphia:

Heavenlybang gave you a very honest and detailed suggestion but your response showed you already have your choice in mind.

No!
Actually my first choice is GLK 2010/2012 .
I just want to make sure am not be blinded by my choice.
This will be my first car.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 4:17am On Nov 06, 2020
Ecalistus:

No!
Actually my first choice is GLK 2010/2012 .
I just want to make sure am not be blinded by my choice.
This will be my first car.
Hope you know, the parts for the GLK is more expensive of the trio, skilled technicians for the GLK is scarce compared to the other duo, and care is more needed for the GLK than the rest.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Definitely. With just 300 HP, I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I felt more power was needed.

Let me ask this here. Between the VQ35DE and the VQ35HR, which is more durable. Looking at the FX35 platform (07 vs 09).
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
oride:

Let me ask this here. Between the VQ35DE and the VQ35HR, which is more durable. Looking at the FX35 platform (07 vs 09).

HR.

DE burnt oil.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

HR.

DE burnt oil.

smiley
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by sKeetz(m): 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please who knows where I can get my car windows tinted in Enugu ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Shady92(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please I need suggestions on these cars as 1st car
Toyota matrix 2005
Pontiac vibe 2005
Peugeot 307 2005
Corolla le 2005
Carmry xle 2005 in terms of reliability,fuel consumption,ease of maintenance and resale value.

Cc boss burley,heavenlybang and other bosses
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2020
sKeetz:
Please who knows where I can get my car windows tinted in Enugu ?

Cc: Chukel

Shady92:
Please I need suggestions on these cars as 1st car
Toyota matrix 2005
Pontiac vibe 2005
Peugeot 307 2005
Corolla le 2005
Carmry xle 2005 in terms of reliability,fuel consumption,ease of maintenance and resale value.

Cc boss burley,heavenlybang and other bosses

Get a loaded Camry.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Shady92(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
Thanks boss. But wats your take on peugeout 307
HeavenlyBang:

Get a loaded Camry.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
Shady92:
Thanks boss. But wats your take on peugeout 307

Since your mind is made on the Peugeot 307, then go for it and make yourself happy.

I don’t see why people already have their minds made on a car but still come to ask for people’s advice to help them choose.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2020
Philadelphia:

Since your mind is made on the Peugeot 307, then go for it and make yourself happy.

I don’t see why people already have their minds made on a car but still come to ask for people’s advice to help them choose.

My brother, the matter tire me.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Shady92(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2020
Thanks
Philadelphia:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ollykay619(m): 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Get a loaded Camry.
Please what is a loaded camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by blissbliss: 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2020
ollykay619:

Please what is a loaded camry
XLE trim.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Mendy31: 7:18am On Nov 08, 2020
Please bosses is ML 2008 a good buy ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 10:26am On Nov 08, 2020
Philadelphia:

Philadelphia:

Why do you always like talking trash. undecided
Lets even assume that you are a mind reader and you know their mind is made up. Whats wrong if they still want to know about other cars?
You won't contribute. Only criticize. Please receive sense.

13 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2020
foolbuster:

Why do you always like talking trash. undecided
Lets even assume that you are a mind reader and you know their mind is made up. Whats wrong if they still want to know about other cars?
You won't contribute. Only criticize. Please receive sense.

But he's right. It's annoying when people already have something in mind then come to ask. And even after you spell out the facts, they go back to what they had in mind.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

But he's right. It's annoying when people already have something in mind then come to ask. And even after you spell out the facts, they go back to what they had in mind.

Happens to most of us. Nothing wrong in wanting to know more. Besides its not by force to respond. Why will his contributions on this thread only be to judge and criticize?

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by amordi: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Naturally as a human, you tend to have something in mind especially when it comes to cars, it requires professionals to advise and further convince you. You are not jobless by responding and giving details. Seeking to stay off asking questions even when one has strong zeal for a particular car is absurd and shouldn't be encouraged by you. Most times, huge money is involved you know.

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Bro, ignore that troll.

He's seeking cheap attention. He doesn't even know the essence of the thread.

The thread is to recommend to people cars based on their options. Someone lists options and asks for recommendations. You recommend a car to that person and the person tells you he wants otherwise.
Is that recommendation? It's obvious the person just wants you to agree with his choice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.