Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447423 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oscillation55(m): 2:04am On Feb 01, 2021
kingreign:

Its driver seat is designed to make the driver sit tall and have a good view,
It's got a clean design
It's comfy,
It's powerful and fast and stable on straight-line speed,
Its spacious inside.

Headlights are poor;
Brakes when they work are excellent and but are prone to brake failures;
V6 water pump is buried in the heart of the engine and could go bad and damage the engine due to loss of coolant /pump efficiency;
PTO shaft is prone to leaks and damage;
Parts could be a challenge. Trust me.

Appreciations to Chief Kingreign
Please throw more light on the PTO shaft mentioned.
Please does the water pump easily gets faulty or just that it's badly positioned almost in an inaccessible location?

CC
Kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2021
oscillation55:

Appreciations to Chief Kingreign
Please throw more light on the PTO shaft mentioned.
Please does the water pump easily gets faulty or just that it's badly positioned almost in an inaccessible location?

CC
Kingreign

PTO is power take off shaft from the transmission to the front differential. The seal leaks easily and would cause the differential to run without oil thus damaging it.

No, the water pump doesn't easily gets damaged, but if it does, it may go un-noticed, except you're very very careful and experienced in it. It leaks the coolant thru the weep hole and also if urgent repairs isn't carried out, it could leak into engine and damage it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2021
TheStranger:

Thanks. How do one differentiate between the 2.0L and 1.6L?

1. Google search the hyundai elantra engines and engine pix would show you the difference

2. A seasoned mechanic would know.

3. Tokunbo elantra comes in 2.0L bought brand new comes in 1.6L

4. A vin check would tell you what engine the unit is carrying.

5. Check the vehicle documents engine displacement is available there.
Etc

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phranco(m): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2021
Gurus in the house please help me choose between this two vehicles: 2004/05 Lexus es330 and 2008/09 Honda accord.
I need your expert advice in terms of:
1. Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
4. Durability/Reliability/Ruggedness
5. Fun to drive
Your advice and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
cc
nurey
HeavenlyBang
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
kingreign
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2021
phranco:
Gurus in the house please help me choose between this two vehicles: 2004/05 Lexus es330 and 2008/09 Honda accord.
1. Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
5. Fun to drive
Thanks!
cc
nurey
HeavenlyBang
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
kingreign

I would go with the Accord.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:44am On Feb 01, 2021
phranco:
1. Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
5. Fun to drive
Thanks!
cc
nurey
HeavenlyBang
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
kingreign

The Accord wins here.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
phranco:
1. Maintenance
2. Fuel Economy
3. Availability of Parts
5. Fun to drive
Thanks!
cc
nurey
HeavenlyBang
ksmart027
radautoworks
Philadelphia
kingreign

Accord.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ryzenking: 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
So I am trying to get a car as a beginner , and I don't know how to drive , and my budget is low, now am Targeting Honda . Honda civic 2007 , since I can't afford even 2003 corolla, but alot of people keep saying as a beginner I should avoid all honda that it's difficult to stir,/turn/ and it usually have tire/suspension issue and it doesn't have good ground clearance,

My question is ,, is this problem for all honda or just old ones , doesn't it mean der is no good honda for a beginner , pls I need ur help , my engrs and experts
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ksmart027(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ryzenking:
So I am trying to get a car as a beginner , and I don't know how to drive , and my budget is low, now am Targeting Honda . Honda civic 2007 , since I can't afford even 2003 corolla, but alot of people keep saying as a beginner I should avoid all honda that it's difficult to stir,/turn/ and it usually have tire/suspension issue and it doesn't have good ground clearance,

My question is ,, is this problem for all honda or just old ones , doesn't it mean der is no good honda for a beginner , pls I need ur help , my engrs and experts
buy honda civic, it is easy to maintain, low fuel consumption, rugged and the dont pull leg.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phranco(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phranco(m): 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2021
kingreign:

Accord.
Thanks �
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phranco(m): 3:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by demolagilbert: 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ryzenking:

I have a 2008 Toks Civic, if you're still searching. Cheers.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hello, I need an expert opinion on this two cars please. Nx200t 2016 and Rx350 2016. Which is better and easier to maintain. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 1:04am On Feb 05, 2021
awele186:
Hello, I need an expert opinion on this two cars please. Nx200t 2016 and Rx350 2016. Which is better and easier to maintain. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by cheapdealz(m): 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
demolagilbert:
I have a 2008 Toks Civic, if you're still searching. Cheers.
I NEED THE 2008 TOKS HONDA CIVIC WHATSAPP/CALL: 09079071058
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by demolagilbert: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by honda001: 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2021
hellos, please I need a sincere and honest comparison between this two car Honda Accord 2007 DC and Honda Civic 2009. prestige,smooth ride etc.....fuel economy excluded. thanks gurus in d house.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by naijadrivablog: 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
Oga Kingreign, you fit help person go inspect a naija used Infiniti FX35 for Abuja? Since your wife drives one and your experience, you go sabi where to look.

If you agreez I go connect una.

Cc: kingreignn
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Oga Kingreign, you fit help person go inspect a naija used Infiniti FX35 for Abuja? Since your wife drives one and your experience, you go sabi where to look.

If you agreez I go connect una.

Cc: kingreignn
Call or WhatsApp me on 07034581213
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by naijadrivablog: 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
kingreign:

Call or WhatsApp me on 07034581213

I will give him your number. He will WhatsApp you.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drmuchin: 10:36am On Feb 07, 2021
Pardon my naive assumptions, I have observed Benz C and E class models of 2001- 2009 are relatively cheaper than their Toyota and Lexus contemporaries viz Camry, ES,GS, Avalon, etc

cc nurey
cc kingreign
cc HeavenlyBang
cc Philadelphia

What factors are responsible for this....?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by masss: 11:37am On Feb 07, 2021
this isn't s recommendation comment but can't find an alternative where to post this.

What's your take on painting brake calipers and discs?

Pls kindly answer asap
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 11:49am On Feb 07, 2021
drmuchin:
Pardon my naive assumptions, I have observed Benz C and E class models of 2001- 2009 are relatively cheaper than their Toyota and Lexus contemporaries viz Camry, ES,GS, Avalon, etc

cc nurey
cc kingreign
cc HeavenlyBang
cc Philadelphia

204 and W211 aren't cheaper. Only abused cars are cheaper.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by masss: 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
kingreign:

can you please answer this?

masss:
this isn't s recommendation comment but can't find an alternative where to post this.

What's your take on painting brake calipers and discs?

Pls kindly answer asap
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drmuchin: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
kingreign:

sorry what is 204 & 211 again?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
drmuchin:

sorry
what is 204 & 211 again?
W204 is 2008-12 C class and W211 is 2003-2009 E klasse.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2021
masss:

can you please answer this?

It's a personal thing. I personally painted my wife's car rims and calipers.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by makjo900: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
kingreign:

It's a personal thing. I personally painted my wife's car rims and calipers.

Yh I understand but hope painting the brake disc is fine too
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
drmuchin:

cc nurey
cc kingreign
cc HeavenlyBang
cc Philadelphia

Your statement isn’t entirely true.
For instance, the IS250/350 is expensive compared to the c-class of same year.

However, some other factors affects the pricing of cars but mainly the demand of the car/ brand and the current state of the car which is directly proportional to maintenance culture of the previous owner.

I hope I didn’t confuse you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drmuchin: 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Philadelphia:

Your statement isn’t entirely true.
For instance, the IS250/350 is expensive compared to the c-class of same year.

However, some other factors affects the pricing of cars but mainly the demand of the car/ brand and the current state of the car which is directly proportional to maintenance culture of the previous owner.

I hope I didn’t confuse you.

My assumptions are based on direct tokumbo vehicles.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drmuchin: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
kingreign:

W204 is 2008-12 C class and W211 is 2003-2009 E klasse.

Chief
I wrote 2001-2009 CClass

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: quest4s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.