Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445960 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by showietee: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2022
honda001:

Honda Accord 2009 or Maybe Honda DC 2007 for for enough back sit room

I have been admiring accord 08-011 in recent time, what general advice can the gurus in the house give for the said car?

@nurey
@Gazzuzz
@Kingreign
@9icetoo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Praxtech: 11:59pm On Jan 08, 2022
ping2ping:

Thanks @nur.ey. Please what's the best way to deal with low ground clearance of Civic. I read is an issue.
It's a serious issue and a lot of the important components are located in treacherous places.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by slevan: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
Afternoon All, anyone with 2016 or 2018 Toyota Corolla. Please DM me
Some clients need the vehicle for use from time to time if you are interested
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olonisakinibile(f): 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
@nurey and gurus in the house, best way to maintain Camry 08 given the engine oil drain issues. Just got one and am kinda scared
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
Olonisakinibile:
@nurey and gurus in the house, best way to maintain Camry 08 given the engine oil drain issues. Just got one and am kinda scared

Oil drain or drying up/ shortage
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
idmoore:

@Nurey
@ Raduautos
@Pyikel
@Gazzuzz

I have being reading some foreigh online reviews on the Honda Accord 2013/15 lately.
It shows the these model Accords has excessive engine oil consumption like 1quartz of oil every 1000miles.

Please can anybody share more person experiences in the Accord engine oil that shorts before the next service.

Especially the 2013 Honda Accord engine.
It is a factory defects.

This is my daily driver and not a drop of oil is lost between changes. I mean not one single drop. Currently on 2800 miles in 2 months and it’s still perfectly full.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
ade95:

Should he be worried about CVTs?

Honda makes some of the best CVTs. Nissans Jatco is what you should run 10miles from.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oscillation55(m): 7:35am On Jan 11, 2022
Good day fellow nairalanders & car gurus on board, please I need opinions and suggestions on possible fix to be done on my 04 corolla Altis, I recently noticed a creaking sound coming off my engine upon acceleration (not normal acceleration though) especially when accelerating to speed up from normal driving.

Note: Car has been on complete routine maintenance since I acquired it toks. I don't bate an eyelid to buy any replacement part(s) so long it's genuine product or close to OEM.

CC: Gazzuz, diportivo, nurey, others
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 7:48am On Jan 11, 2022
showietee:

I have been admiring accord 08-011 in recent time, what general advice can the gurus in the house give for the said car?

@nurey
@Gazzuzz
@Kingreign
@9icetoo
It's a nice car. No major problems.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Praxtech: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2022
oscillation55:
Good day fellow nairalanders & car gurus on board, please I need opinions and suggestions on possible fix to be done on my 04 corolla Altis, I recently noticed a creaking sound coming off my engine upon acceleration (not normal acceleration though) especially when accelerating to speed up from normal driving.

Note: Car has been on complete routine maintenance since I acquired it toks. I don't bate an eyelid to buy any replacement part(s) so long it's genuine product or close to OEM.

CC: Gazzuz, diportivo, nurey, others
loud squeaking or squealing noise while accelerating could mean there's a problem with your engine belt. It could mean the belt's loose or worn. Or it could mean that one of the belt's pulleys is starting to fail. A loud rumbling noise when accelerating might suggest there's a problem with your exhaust system.
Google Mechanic
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Olonisakinibile(f): 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
Anyone.

What do u advice please.

DukeNija:

Oil drain or drying up/ shortage
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olonisakinibile:
Anyone.

What do u advice please.

Check you oil level at every fill up or twice a week o r daily if possible. You may consider using slightly thicker oil like 10w 40.
Other than that, there isn't anything else you can do to stop the oil burning apart from a complete overhaul of the engine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olonisakinibile:
Anyone.

What do u advice please.

Just top up oil when necessary till you pass it to the next owner. Check oil weekly or bi weekly depending on car usage.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Mikeshine(m): 9:46am On Jan 13, 2022
Between Toyota 2003 /2004 and 2008 Mazda CX-7 which one more OK?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:06am On Jan 13, 2022
Mikeshine:

Better buy other popular CUV than CX-7 you have

honda crv, hrv, element

Ford eco sport, escape

Toyota Rav4

Those I can vouch for but that Mazda, parts expensive and mechanic no too plenty for it
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by quam9997(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
Mikeshine:

Go for CX-9 instead or a ford edge
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ping2ping: 6:14am On Jan 15, 2022
Hello gurus in the house.

I am looking at 2009 or 2010 Honda City [Auto]. To be used mostly for driving around the city.

How durable and reliable is the car? Are the parts available and cost effective? Is there anything i should be concerned about?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2022
ping2ping:

I am looking at 2009 or 2010 Honda City [Auto]. To be used mostly for driving around the city.

How durable and reliable is the car? Are the parts available and cost effective? Is there anything i should be concerned about?

Thanks
Durable? It depends. If you drive it like a danfo, the body won't hold up.
Engine is solid. Trans is a bit iffy if not serviced regularly or if you pour non OEM fluid into it.
Like the name says (city), it was meant for city driving. Fuel economy is superb.

No matter what you do, don't pour non cvtf fluid inside that transmission.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ping2ping: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2022
9icetoo:

Durable? It depends. If you drive it like a danfo, the body won't hold up.
Engine is solid. Trans is a bit iffy if not serviced regularly or if you pour non OEM fluid into it.
Like the name says (city), it was meant for city driving. Fuel economy is superb.

No matter what you do, don't pour non cvtf fluid inside that transmission.

Thanks for your prompt response. However, this model as shown in the picture below as I read uses normal automatic transmission rather than CVT.

How about availability and cost of parts?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ybits: 11:58am On Jan 15, 2022
Pls compare 2015 ford explorer sport and mercedes ml350 based on Agility,ruggedly considering our bad terrains and power
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zed7: 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
Olonisakinibile:
Top up regularly. I've heard people say using a thicker oil like 20w 50 will stop the oil leakage.
Anyway, I always used the recommended oil and just topped up as needed. That's what I did till I passed on the problem.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zed7: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
I'm thinking of buying the 2013/2014 honda accord. What a lovely car. If my budget was higher, I'd have gone for the 2017 model, especially the touring.
I just need reassurance from those who've used this car. My budget is 5m. Don't know if it will fly, with the current inflation rate.

I've also been thinking of the 2015 civic, the full option, as I've owned a lower model and enjoyed it. Anyone own or knows anyone using this?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zed7: 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2022
ping2ping:

Thanks
My friend used his since 2009 till date without any major issues. It was bought brand new though. Very reliable car.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2022
zed7:
I'm thinking of buying the 2013/2014 honda accord. What a lovely car. If my budget was higher, I'd have gone for the 2017 model, especially the touring.
I just need reassurance from those who've used this car. My budget is 5m. Don't know if it will fly, with the current inflation rate.

I've also been thinking of the 2015 civic, the full option, as I've owned a lower model and enjoyed it. Anyone own or knows anyone using this?
go ahead and buy the machine.it stands out

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Itsrm(m): 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
zed7:

Your budget should get the base Lx trim in pristine condition. Will strongly advise you avoid the 2013 model.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zed7: 8:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
Itsrm:

Your budget should get the base Lx trim in pristine condition. Will strongly advise you avoid the 2013 model.
It would be nice to explain further. Avoid, why?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 6:13am On Jan 17, 2022
ping2ping:

Thanks for your prompt response. However, this model as shown in the picture below as I read uses normal automatic transmission rather than CVT.

How about availability and cost of parts?
Parts dey. Body parts are expensive (general Honda thing). Replacement parts for mechanical items are not too expensive. Within the same price range of other cars.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by klexycole(m): 11:33am On Jan 19, 2022
Greetings to the elders and all members alike.

Please, what are your thoughts about Mitsubishi Lancer 2009 considering it has a CVT transmission? Is it a good choice of car to use?

Intended Usage: Mostly city driving and interstate traveling once in a while.

Between the Lancer and Toyota Corolla 2004, which would you advice one to buy? Purchase cost is not a consideration in this case.

I need your reasonable and in-depth advice. Thank you.

Cc Gazuzz
Nurey
Kingreign
And others
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2022
klexycole:
Greetings to the elders and all members alike.

Please, what are your thoughts about Mitsubishi Lancer 2009 considering it has a CVT transmission? Is it a good choice of car to use?

Intended Usage: Mostly city driving and interstate traveling once in a while.

Between the Lancer and Toyota Corolla 2004, which would you advice one to buy? Purchase cost is not a consideration in this case.

I need your reasonable and in-depth advice. Thank you.

And others

Very dicey, the corolla reliability we know, as for the lancer not a regular sight on the road but I have a neighbor using one 2years now I don't know about its general maintenance and what not.

If you want to stand out, you can try the Mitsubishi as online reviews favour it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ping2ping: 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
9icetoo:

Parts dey. Body parts are expensive (general Honda thing). Replacement parts for mechanical items are not too expensive. Within the same price range of other cars.

Thanks so much. I asked a friend who is a Honda parts seller today. He said exactly what you have said here. Body parts are very expensive like bumper, fender, side mirrors, headlamps, tail lights, etc. I remember he said one of the doors is about 40k.

However mechanical parts are relatively less expensive. Some of the mechanical parts include the shock absorbers, brake pads, steering rack, power steering pump, etc.

Once again, thanks

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ybits:
Pls compare 2015 ford explorer sport and mercedes ml350 based on Agility,ruggedly considering our bad terrains and power
Bro,for your peace of mind,just pick the ml350.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ojeysky(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
zed7:

I have a clean toks accord 2014 Ex thumbstart. You may check my post if interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.