Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446438 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 5:11am On Nov 15, 2022
Dozieson:

Parts are not cheap. Engine is over 700k, gear over 600k

It is a good car but not as rugged as Toyota and Honda.
Hope your routes have relative good roads
Very very wrong information
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 5:59am On Nov 15, 2022
olumzzz:

Please share the right one. I need it for knowledge sake
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 8:17am On Nov 15, 2022
Dozieson:

Please share the right one. I need it for knowledge sake
That elantra generation has 2 engine variants.
The 1.8L and 2.0L engine.
The 1.8L engine variant were those sold brand new by dana motors and the tokunbo engines are very expensive like you said.
The 2.0L engine variant were those imported from USA/Canada as tokunbo cars and the tokunbo engines and gear are very cheap. The engine was 150k before but maybe it will be more now.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
olumzzz:

That elantra generation has 2 engine variants.
The 1.8L and 2.0L engine.
The 1.8L engine variant were those sold brand new by dana motors and the tokunbo engines are very expensive like you said.
The 2.0L engine variant were those imported from USA/Canada as tokunbo cars and the tokunbo engines and gear are very cheap. The engine was 150k before but maybe it will be more now.

ok good. But i asked a part seller on Zuba market about the price of the engines and gear he said it depends on the year of car manufacture.
the ones manufactured before 2007 are cheaper while those above are more expensive.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
Dozieson:

ok good. But i asked a part seller on Zuba market about the price of the engines and gear he said it depends on the year of car manufacture.
the ones manufactured before 2007 are cheaper while those above are more expensive.
You can do your own research. 2006 to 2010 model years all have the same drivetrain
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ogbaba123:

Thank you, hope this xterra is not one of those plagued Nissans
And is the rear suspension of the pilot a reliable one

Xterra is a popular nissan ride on road, for me I did say buy one with 3.3L V6 engine avoid the turbo charged 4cylinder engine.

Yes pilot is reliable and solid suspension too.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ogbaba123: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thank you for the insight

nurey:

Xterra is a popular nissan ride on road, for me I did say buy one with 3.3L V6 engine avoid the turbo charged 4cylinder engine.

Yes pilot is reliable and solid suspension too.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by horlamilekan23: 11:37am On Nov 17, 2022
olumzzz:

Can you please shed more light to this.

I love the elantra so much but i don't know if i should go for it as a first time car owner.

I like 05-07corolla too but i think owning that model of corolla doesn't come with a rest of mind.

Kindly suggest between 08-010 foreign used huyandai elantra and corolla 09-010 Nigerian used.

Which one should i go for??

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumzzz(m): 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2022
horlamilekan23:

I love the elantra so much but i don't know if i should go for it as a first time car owner.

I like 05-07corolla too but i think owning that model of corolla doesn't come with a rest of mind.

Kindly suggest between 08-010 foreign used huyandai elantra and corolla 09-010 Nigerian used.

Thanks
Since you don't know much about cars, I think you should go for the 05-07 corolla but make sure you comprehensively insure it for rest of mind.
The 09-10 corolla is also a very good choice but I think the body doesn't hold up compared to the previous generation.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by horlamilekan23: 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2022
olumzzz:

Since you don't know much about cars, I think you should go for the 05-07 corolla but make sure you comprehensively insure it for rest of mind.
The 09-10 corolla is also a very good choice but I think the body doesn't hold up compared to the previous generation.
Alright, thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nadingo: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2022
Good day House. Pls how advisable is buying a toks in Lagos and moving it to the North with the current state of insecurity in the country? Or would one be better off buying at a higher price in Abuja? Is it worth the stress of buying in Lag?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Asquare84(m): 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2022
Please what are the pros and cons of Honda Accord 2011 model v6 engine I planned getting a Nigeria used. But our local mechanic are telling me to avoid v6 engine because of fueling, expensive spare part and low resale value.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by de3lar(m): 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2022
horlamilekan23:

Thanks

Both Corollas are okay, but cosmetically, avoid the 09-010 because it's body isn't strong at all and the bumpers are a nightmare. I drive one and my friend drive the 05 Corolla, his body is really doing fine compared to mine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by horlamilekan23: 5:38am On Nov 18, 2022
de3lar:

Both Corollas are okay, but cosmetically, avoid the 09-010 because it's body isn't strong at all and the bumpers are a nightmare. I drive one and my friend drive the 05 Corolla, his body is really doing fine compared to mine.
Alright boss, thanks for the advice.
At this point, i think i will go for the 05-07 corolla
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:06am On Nov 18, 2022
de3lar:

very true.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good evening to you all. Please I need your advice based on bolt new law to accept 1998-2002 cars and my budget(800k for now). Which car should I choose from Nissan Sentra 2002/2003, Chevrolet Aveo 2004/2005, Kia Rio 2003/2004 and finally Honda civic 2006 ? All manual except the Nissan Sentra. I was told to run away from Mercedes Benz for now
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2022
Lovelynife:
Good evening to you all. Please I need your advice based on bolt new law to accept 1998-2002 cars and my budget(800k for now). Which car should I choose from Nissan Sentra 2002/2003, Chevrolet Aveo 2004/2005, Kia Rio 2003/2004 and finally Honda civic 2006 ? All manual except the Nissan Sentra. I was told to run away from Mercedes Benz for now

All cars mentioned are good but stay away from the Aveo nah bad market on the long run.

Get a civic as first choice, kia Rio then nissan Sentra 3rd

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by oride: 12:34am On Nov 22, 2022
nurey:

All cars mentioned are good but stay away from the Aveo nah bad market on the long run.

Add Peugeot 406 (Stick shift Ew10 J4 engine).
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
nurey:

Thanks so much sir. I will chat you sir for more piece of advice sir

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DesireV: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2022
I need suggestions on a car with a 5m budget pls.

Nurey
Gazzuz
Deportivo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2022
DesireV:
I need suggestions on a car with a 5m budget pls.
CUV
honda crv
Hyundai Tucson
Kia sportage
Toyota Rav4

Sedan
Honda accord
Toyota camry

Compact (fuel economy)
Honda civic
Toyota corolla

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rinoxy: 12:06am On Dec 07, 2022
HELLO SIRS, PLS I'M ABOUT GETTING A PEUGEOT 307, BUT I NEED ADVICE BETWEEN THE MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS.
NB: I STAY IN KADUNA WHERE PEUGEOT CARS ARE LIKE SACHET WATER.

Nurey
Gazzuz
Deportivo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2022
Rinoxy:
HELLO SIRS, PLS I'M ABOUT GETTING A PEUGEOT 307, BUT I NEED ADVICE BETWEEN THE MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS.
NB: I STAY IN KADUNA WHERE PEUGEOT CARS ARE LIKE SACHET WATER.

Most peugeot are enjoyed as manual transmission but first ask any of your friends, neighbour or colleague using same model with automatic transmission if they have had any problem with auto transmission.

Manual is fun to drive until you get hooked in serious traffic jam. Auto is easy to drive just cost of maintenance and replacement if faulty is the issue
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DesireV: 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
nurey:

CUV
honda crv
Hyundai Tucson
Kia sportage
Toyota Rav4

Sedan
Honda accord
Toyota camry

Compact (fuel economy)
Honda civic
Toyota corolla
Thanks for the reply.

What Camry or Accord model can the budget get please?

Also, can you recommend Lexus RX 350 2007-09?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
DesireV:

Thanks for the reply.

What Camry or Accord model can the budget get please?

Also, can you recommend Lexus RX 350 2007-09?

Camry 2007 to 2011

Accord 2013 below

Rx350 07 to 09 I above your budget

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rinoxy: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
nurey:

Most peugeot are enjoyed as manual transmission but first ask any of your friends, neighbour or colleague using same model with automatic transmission if they have had any problem with auto transmission.

Manual is fun to drive until you get hooked in serious traffic jam. Auto is easy to drive just cost of maintenance and replacement if faulty is the issue
Thanks for your useful response sir. From all I've gathered so far I see that the manual transmission is better. But I don't understand your second paragraph; what is with getting into a serious traffic jam sir?
Is it something I should bother about?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Rinoxy:

Thanks for your useful response sir. From all I've gathered so far I see that the manual transmission is better. But I don't understand your second paragraph; what is with getting into a serious traffic jam sir?
Is it something I should bother about?

Seems you are new to driving. During heavy traffic (move and stop) driving manual comes with leg cramps nah lagos drivers using manual transmission fit explain am well.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rinoxy: 10:33am On Dec 08, 2022
nurey:

Seems you are new to driving. During heavy traffic (move and stop) driving manual comes with leg cramps nah lagos drivers using manual transmission fit explain am well.
Good morning sir, this would be my second car, the first was an auto tranny Honda. I reside in Kaduna sir.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
Rinoxy:

Good morning sir, this would be my second car, the first was an auto tranny Honda. I reside in Kaduna sir.

Okay, good to go then

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rinoxy: 5:46am On Dec 09, 2022
nurey:

Okay, good to go then
Ok chief.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DesireV: 7:05am On Dec 09, 2022
nurey:

Camry 2007 to 2011

Accord 2013 below

Rx350 07 to 09 I above your budget
Thanks boss

If I can increase the budget, Is 07-09 RX 350 a good car pls?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:00am On Dec 09, 2022
DesireV:

Thanks boss

If I can increase the budget, Is 07-09 RX 350 a good car pls?

Yes a cert solid luxurious reliable vehicle

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.