Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447655 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
[quote author=nurey post=83688780]

These is actually a tough one. You may think the Acura is supposed to compete with the Lexus, but the standard equipment in the 9th gen Accord is mad, I have been opportuned to view the EX-L accord and I can say it holds a lot to be desired by luxurious vehicle.

side mirror camera, inscreen navigation, leather seats, adaptive cruise and a host of others.

Your choice should depend on whether you want a 4cylinder for fuel economy which the Lexus won't offer and depending on trim of each available to you

Accord EX-L and touring vs Lexus Ultra luxury package.

Wow guess the Honda accord EX-L is highly equipped and I found out they almost same price. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ak22(m): 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2019
Which can I choose between IS 250 2008 and TL Honda of the same year? in all aspect but fuel consumption must be one of the option.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
ak22:
Which can I choose between IS 250 2008 and TL Honda of the same year? in all aspect but fuel consumption must be one of the option.

just pick the IS250, over all the TL is better, faster, more sport oriented and worth it if you look past it's fragile transmission. The type S is got good enough launch power.

The IS250 is chic, chic to some is the new word for cramped, cheap Engine and transmission, not bad on the sports end.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ak22(m): 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
nurey:

just pick the IS250, over all the TL is better, faster, more sport oriented and worth it if you look past it's fragile transmission. The type S is got good enough launch power.

The IS250 is chic, chic to some is the new word for cramped, cheap Engine and transmission, not bad on the sports end.

OK thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
Hey Guys,

Toyota Camry 2008 and Toyota Camry 2008 Hybrid.

Basis of comparison:
1. Cost of maintenance
2. Durability
3. Fuel comsumption
4. Mileage
And other necessary basis.

Kindly help guys. I don't know much about Hybrid cars.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:
Hey Guys,
Toyota Camry 2008 and Toyota Camry 2008 Hybrid.
Basis of comparison: 1. Cost of maintenance 2. Durability 3. Fuel comsumption 4. Mileage And other necessary basis.
Kindly help guys. I don't know much about Hybrid cars.
Camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 7:17am On Nov 03, 2019
nurey:

Camry

Non Hybrid right?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2019
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

Non Hybrid right?
yes
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 11:32am On Nov 03, 2019
Nurey please does the leg pulling out still occur in 2014 honda accords?

These is actually a tough one. You may think the Acura is supposed to compete with the Lexus, but the standard equipment in the 9th gen Accord is mad, I have been opportuned to view the EX-L accord and I can say it holds a lot to be desired by luxurious vehicle.

side mirror camera, inscreen navigation, leather seats, adaptive cruise and a host of others.

Your choice should depend on whether you want a 4cylinder for fuel economy which the Lexus won't offer and depending on trim of each available to you

Accord EX-L and touring vs Lexus Ultra luxury package.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:46am On Nov 03, 2019
awele186:
Nurey please does the leg pulling out still occur in 2014 honda accords?

No you should be safe, the suspension type was revamped and besides yours is still relatively new, if you don't drive it uncannily across Naija toureg roads you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by awele186: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thanks boss

No you should be safe, the suspension type was revamped and besides yours is still relatively new, if you don't drive it uncannily across Naija toureg roads you should be fine.[/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
nurey:

yes

Thanks bro
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by windows98: 5:51am On Nov 18, 2019
nurey:

oh you need the mustang to make a statement, then go for it, it would hold more value when you want to sell or trade it in. Just don't let rust build up under it

Thanks bro...that mustang sweet sha...na the better choice
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nostradamus: 11:20am On Nov 18, 2019
Heavenlybang,kingreign,nurey and others Kudos. You all are doing a great job here.

Please room what's the difference between a Lexus Es350 2007/2008 model and Lexus es350 2011 model(both are foreign used)? Which is advisable to buy?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2019
Nostradamus:
Heavenlybang,kingreign,nurey and others Kudos. You all are doing a great job here.

Please room what's the difference between a Lexus Es350 2007/2008 model and Lexus es350 2011 model(both are foreign used)? Which is advisable to buy?

2011 has more revised things than the 07 and 08. it's adviceable to buy later models of a vehicle.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by agbajor27: 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
good day house, pls i am about getting a nigerian used 2004 nissan pathfinder for a relative. However, i have two major obstacles at the moment: One, i have many people telling me i should not buy a nigerian used vehicle because no matter how well it is inspected, there are problems dat are hidden and cannot be noticed by simple inspection and/or test-drive by a mechanic. Secondly, i am based in warri and the vehicle and seller are at ijeshatedo, surulere - would like to get a good nissan mechanic around dat surulere to look at it very well. Pls i need opinions from the gurus and experienced people in the house. Thanks in anticipation.

ikenna
siena
gazzuzz
nurey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
agbajor27:
good day house, pls i am about getting a nigerian used 2004 nissan pathfinder for a relative. However, i have two major obstacles at the moment: One, i have many people telling me i should not buy a nigerian used vehicle because no matter how well it is inspected, there are problems dat are hidden and cannot be noticed by simple inspection and/or test-drive by a mechanic. Secondly, i am based in warri and the vehicle and seller are at ijeshatedo, surulere - would like to get a good nissan mechanic around dat surulere to look at it very well. Pls i need opinions from the gurus and experienced people in the house. Thanks in anticipation.

A used car is a used car and it may develop some fault which is the standard maintenance interval fault.

If you go along with the right technician he would ensure you buy a good car not a lemon, just have it at the back of your mind that a used car would need minor touches to put it in buyers taste while a lemon would need major overall of several parts to put it in shape.

What a good car, pay for inspection

want a lemon go inspect yourself

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by agbajor27: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
nurey:

A used car is a used car and it may develop some fault which is the standard maintenance interval fault.

If you go along with the right technician he would ensure you buy a good car not a lemon, just have it at the back of your mind that a used car would need minor touches to put it in buyers taste while a lemon would need major overall of several parts to put it in shape.

What a good car, pay for inspection

want a lemon go inspect yourself
thanks man. pls keep the advice coming, my people.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ultrazone(m): 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
nurey:

Please how much is the engine and transmission of IS250 2007? Compared with ES350, would it be a better buy if the cost of these parts is a critical deciding factor?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
ultrazone:

Please how much is the engine and transmission of IS250 2007? Compared with ES350, would it be a better buy if the cost of these parts is a critical deciding factor?

IS250 is 4GR 100k in the market I don't know about the transmission

ES350 is 2GR around 280 to 3xxk for Engine and transmission is in the 400k range.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ultrazone(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
nurey:

IS250 is 4GR 100k in the market I don't know about the transmission

ES350 is 2GR around 280 to 3xxk for Engine and transmission is in the 400k range.

Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by wakes: 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
nurey:

Toyota Corrolla is more economical in the line up, solid engine reliable a good city vehicle.

Rav4 vs CRV
The rav4 is a better all round vehicle than the crv in this comparism. you should pick the rav4 over the crv here.

Though the crv is cheaper than the rav4 price wise it isn't bad but it is susceptible to the leg pull syndrome but a solid looking vehicle.

pick the corolla if you don't need much cargo space.

pick the rav 4 if you need ground clearance and cargo space.

pick the crv if you can be concious of the leg sound and for cheapest among the fleet
Great!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 12:14am On Nov 21, 2019
Good day guys...pls help a bro..

Between a corrolla 03 - 06 camry 03 - 06 and elantra 07-10...

All nigerian used

No prior experience on car..

Personally have issues with the corrolla due to the way it's so common
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2019
olaboyeh:
Good day guys...pls help a bro..

Between a corrolla 03 - 06 camry 03 - 06 and elantra 07-10...

All nigerian used

No prior experience on car..

Personally have issues with the corrolla due to the way it's so common

Hyundai Elantra

reasons

1. More recent in your list

2. if it was bought brand-new then you are in luck as it would have the least mileage of the cars, you are certain it isn't accidented, flooded, rusted or salvage vehicle. It would also have less wear and tear in internal parts you will just focus on leg work and not always faulty. The car would have been treated with great care in 1st 4years if you are more lucky it is personally owned not company owned then the owner too would continue the Care after warranty elapses.

3. The engine is the most affordable of the lineup, while the 2az of the Camry is the most expensive, though if you buy the V6 Camry with 1mz that Engine too is cheap probably cheaper than the alpha and gamma Engine of the Hyundai.

4. Elantra is not a robber magnet, custom magnet or police magnet, it blends well in the background.

5. In terms of original OEM parts the Hyundai is fair compared to Toyota.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princedoz: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2019
Please house compare Passat 03 model 1.8l engine to Toyota Camry 2001 model le 2.2l engine.

Durability
Fuel economy
Parts replacement
Performance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2019
nurey:

Hyundai Elantra

reasons

1. More recent in your list

2. if it was bought brand-new then you are in luck as it would have the least mileage of the cars, you are certain it isn't accidented, flooded, rusted or salvage vehicle. It would also have less wear and tear in internal parts you will just focus on leg work and not always faulty. The car would have been treated with great care in 1st 4years if you are more lucky it is personally owned not company owned then the owner too would continue the Care after warranty elapses.

3. The engine is the most affordable of the lineup, while the 2az of the Camry is the most expensive, though if you buy the V6 Camry with 1mz that Engine too is cheap probably cheaper than the alpha and gamma Engine of the Hyundai.

4. Elantra is not a robber magnet, custom magnet or police magnet, it blends well in the background.

5. In terms of original OEM parts the Hyundai is fair compared to Toyota.

And will.also suffice for occassional uber hustle
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
olaboyeh:

And will.also suffice for occassional uber hustle
yes
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
princedoz:
Please house compare Passat 03 model 1.8l engine to Toyota Camry 2001 model le 2.2l engine.

Durability
Fuel economy
Parts replacement
Performance

Passat B5 isn't bad, good on gas with that engine, reliable, tokunbo parts are always the real deal and strong too as the wagon is used as a luggage hauler

The Camry isn't bad if you can have a good security in place cause it can be stolen as a whole and you may need to touch leg works regularly especially if you transverse bad roads
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
nurey:

Passat B5 isn't bad, good on gas with that engine, reliable, tokunbo parts are always the real deal and strong too as the wagon is used as a luggage hauler

The Camry isn't bad if you can have a good security in place cause it can be stolen as a whole and you may need to touch leg works regularly especially if you transverse bad roads
You don't know anything about German cars. Especially the VW. Except for the one that nearly kidnapped you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Smartchoiice:

You don't know anything about German cars. Especially the VW. Except for the one that nearly kidnapped you

because I no give you food chop grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2019
nurey:

because I no give you food chop grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
[quote author=Smartchoiice post=84250591][/quote]

ROFL!

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.