Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help (881 Views)

Depression Is Killing Me Pls Help Me. / Mbaka: They Planned To Use Prostitutes To Set Me Up Before Killing Me / Pastor Andrew Stoeklein Commits Suicide In California, Battled With Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2018
L
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by SUPERPACK: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2018
an idle man is the devil's workshop, go out there and learn a skill and start working or find a church you will be playing keyboard for even if it is for free, your problem is in you and you alone have the key.

1 Like

Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by NobodyKnows(m): 12:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Hardmirror hopefullandlord And capslocked will help you grin
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by devilmaycry: 12:42am On Aug 26, 2018
That the guy above me said....ur problem is you!!

Take a walk outta ur bondage bro...learn a skill....when last did u read ur bible?..engage ur self with company of good friends....don't be idle!!!!
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Papertrail11(m): 1:28am On Aug 26, 2018
be strong bro
keep active
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by enilove(m): 1:40am On Aug 26, 2018
Danny225:
Hello Christian bro & sis in the house. I will like you all to advice me on this cause DEPRESSION has eaten me deep to the bone.

I was once committed xtian but when things beyond me sets in, I began to feel like God doesn't answer prayer anymore or he just want me to go through all dis long time problem that's beyond my faith. I was once a choir member and a keyboardist in my church in osun State before relocating 2 Abuja since 2016.

Now, I hardly go to church and even if I go, there service looks somehow watery to me . I have attended almost well known pentecostal church in Abuja but their teaching is yet to convince me back to Christ.

I know more of God but am not Happy @ all.
I have attempted suicide once but God use someone to save my life .
Am jobless and always Lonely @ home dis makes me to go into deep thoughts and concluding suicide is the best answer .

I have passed through a lot and am yet to go out frm what am into. Depression has set in into my heart and I have no one to talk to. I dwell here with my brother but hardly he stays home due to job nature that requires him to travel all d time.

There was a time I nearly converted to other faith maybe I can find rest of mind in there faith. As it is now, I don't longer go to church again, I have stopped so many things relating to faith in God. Although I want to come back to him but I don't see anyone helping me to grow in faith and can also encourage me abt all this am into.

I can't type it all on this forum about what am going through. It hurts alot and I do cry everyday. I have gone to severally ministry looking for peace of mind but all effort are void.

Pls help me out cause am dying within me everyday n am afraid I will just end it all in few days time.

God's people in the house, please talk to me Maybe I will have joy in my life again. Shalom

My phone number is 08128106231 in case u want to have a one on one talk with me.

God still loves you , He will never leave you nor forsake you.
He is sending help to you very soon , just believe in Him and don't believe the report of the devil.

Philippians 4:6-7 KJV
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
[7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 27:13-14 KJV
I had fainted , unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
[14] Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord .

You are vessel of honour , you were not created by chance . God has a purpose for your destiny.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by SawOnPedia: 2:10am On Aug 26, 2018
The way I see it, you are not ready to quit life yet and shouldn't. Suicide may end it all for you but its beginning of great pain for everyone you are going to leave behind, you must care about your people enough not to want to put them through that much pain.

If you have gone to several churches and you dont feel encouraged maybe your problem is not church related, maybe you only need to find peace within yourself first because if you are really depressed nothing will interest you, your mind will always wander plus life starts when the church service end.

Why looking for a job when you can be independent? Like those guys suggested above. Most people always think its too late to start something but thats not true. There are a million things you can do if you dont feel like they are beneath you.

The only thing that can help you out of whatever you are going through is knowing that "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" And having a strong believe in what the future hold. If you like to read I can suggest a few book for to read, you can download the PDF. You can not hasten God but you can find peace while you wait on him find a hobby in a skill that could eventually become a profession if everything indeed eventually fail. Plus you need a friend, a girl friend is my suggestion someone thats not about money because that would make you depress more, if a girl is too much for you to handle right now get a male friend you can always talk to. Please dont medicate.

NB. I dont know if you do this but what I have realized is people in your shoes tend to feel this way when they remember how old they already are or about to be. You must know that age is but a number, real life begin at whatever age you decide to man up to your problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by chiommy123(f): 6:04am On Aug 26, 2018
I will advice you stop being lonely cos Satan is using that to manipulate your thoughts. Start a little biz that doesn't require much capital. It may expose you to people who are in more difficult problems than yourself that you may forget your own problems self and thank God for your life.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Martinez19(m): 6:20am On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmmm. Op, you need to put yourself in order. First thing you have to do is to come to terms will reality so that you know where you stand in life and you can begin to take realistic approach to solving life problems. First, free your mind and remove that mental shackle called religion. If you have gone through many things in life and you are wise, you would need no one to tell you that religious gods don't exist. Religion and other world mysticisms are ridiculous garbages and falsehoods with no concrete basis in reality. Put god aside and face life. At this point, you don't need to be hindered.

Your depression seems circumstantial not clinical. It's best you see a therapist. Calm yourself and don't make decisions you will regret later. You are going through a hard time. Since you are good at playing the keyboard, develop that skill, go and look for churches that will pay you to play for them. Develop and keep upgrading your skill in playing the keyboard. Start step by step.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by StillX10(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2018
Jesus is the Answer
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 7:26am On Aug 26, 2018
SUPERPACK:
an idle man is the devil's workshop, go out there and learn a skill and start working or find a church you will be playing keyboard for even if it is for free, your problem is in you and you alone have the key.

Thanks bro for your advice, it's not that I dnt av a skill but am not getting clients this days and this make me to feel bad. You can click on my username and see my other thread and see wat am into
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2018
devilmaycry:
That the guy above me said....ur problem is you!!

Take a walk outta ur bondage bro...learn a skill....when last did u read ur bible?..engage ur self with company of good friends....don't be idle!!!!

I read my Bible everyday for hours n even Sometimes I do attend Bible study in a close by church here.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2018
SawOnPedia:
The way I see it, you are not ready to quit life yet and shouldn't. Suicide may end it all for you but its beginning of great pain for everyone you are going to leave behind, you must care about your people enough not to want to put them through that much pain.

If you have gone to several churches and you dont feel encouraged maybe your problem is not church related, maybe you only need to find peace within yourself first because if you are really depressed nothing will interest you, your mind will always wander plus life starts when the church service end.

Why looking for a job when you can be independent? Like those guys suggested above. Most people always think its too late to start something but thats not true. There are a million things you can do if you dont feel like they are beneath you.

The only thing that can help you out of whatever you are going through is knowing that "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" And having a strong believe in what the future hold. If you like to read I can suggest a few book for to read, you can download the PDF. You can not hasten God but you can find peace while you wait on him find a hobby in a skill that could eventually become a profession if everything indeed eventually fail. Plus you need a friend, a girl friend is my suggestion someone thats not about money because that would make you depress more, if a girl is too much for you to handle right now get a male friend you can always talk to. Please dont medicate.

NB. I dont know if you do this but what I have realized is people in your shoes tend to feel this way when they remember how old they already are or about to be. You must know that age is but a number, real life begin at whatever age you decide to man up to your problems.

Thanks for this ur wonderful advice bro, I have an independent skill but am not getting clients that's why I started hunting for job but I got none. There was a time I started a little business then but It collapsed due to non availability of fund
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
I will advice you stop being lonely cos Satan is using that to manipulate your thoughts. Start a little biz that doesn't require much capital. It may expose you to people who are in more difficult problems than yourself that you may forget your own problems self and thank God for your life.

It's not that I don't want to get engaged in business but capital is anoda problem am having and my bro that would have supported me wt little fund is having financial problem dis days. Am just tired bro. No help frm anywhere
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 7:44am On Aug 26, 2018
Martinez19:
Hmmmm. Op, you need to put yourself in order. First thing you have to do is to come to terms will reality so that you know where you stand in life and you can begin to take realistic approach to solving life problems. First, free your mind and remove that mental shackle called religion. If you have gone through many things in life and you are wise, you would need no one to tell you that religious gods don't exist. Religion and other world mysticisms are ridiculous garbages and falsehoods with no concrete basis in reality. Put god aside and face life. At this point, you don't need to be hindered.

Your depression seems circumstantial not clinical. It's best you see a therapist. Calm yourself and don't make decisions you will regret later. You are going through a hard time. Since you are good at playing the keyboard, develop that skill, go and look for churches that will pay you to play for them. Develop and keep upgrading your skill in playing the keyboard. Start step by step.

Lovely one bro. Thanks to you
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by chiommy123(f): 7:55am On Aug 26, 2018
Danny225:

It's not that I don't want to get engaged in business but capital is anoda problem am having and my bro that would have supported me wt little fund is having financial problem dis days. Am just tired bro. No help frm anywhere
it doesn't have to be something big. Talk to other members of your family. Your congregation can be helpful as well
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by spongeisback: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2018
Am sorry but I just have to say this. Why is it that we Nigerians love to use and abuse things?! I knew before reading the write up that money is going to be the issue.

OP you're going through a rough patch like every normal human being does, it has nothing to do with depression please. Can we stop throwing that word around so the genuinely depressed people will get help and support.

Depression is not just a word you throw around because you're down its a deadly disease.

1 Like

Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Evangkatsoulis: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2018
Op take sertraline 200mg and you are good.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by beatmonster(m): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2018
Don't allow it to kill you. Use your survival instincts
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by HardMirror(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2018
Danny225:
Hello Christian bro & sis in the house. I will like you all to advice me on this cause DEPRESSION has eaten me deep to the bone.

I was once committed xtian but when things beyond me sets in, I began to feel like God doesn't answer prayer anymore or he just want me to go through all dis long time problem that's beyond my faith. I was once a choir member and a keyboardist in my church in osun State before relocating 2 Abuja since 2016.

Now, I hardly go to church and even if I go, there service looks somehow watery to me . I have attended almost well known pentecostal church in Abuja but their teaching is yet to convince me back to Christ.

I know more of God but am not Happy @ all.
I have attempted suicide once but God use someone to save my life .
Am jobless and always Lonely @ home dis makes me to go into deep thoughts and concluding suicide is the best answer .

I have passed through a lot and am yet to go out frm what am into. Depression has set in into my heart and I have no one to talk to. I dwell here with my brother but hardly he stays home due to job nature that requires him to travel all d time.

There was a time I nearly converted to other faith maybe I can find rest of mind in there faith. As it is now, I don't longer go to church again, I have stopped so many things relating to faith in God. Although I want to come back to him but I don't see anyone helping me to grow in faith and can also encourage me abt all this am into.

I can't type it all on this forum about what am going through. It hurts alot and I do cry everyday. I have gone to severally ministry looking for peace of mind but all effort are void.

Pls help me out cause am dying within me everyday n am afraid I will just end it all in few days time.

God's people in the house, please talk to me Maybe I will have joy in my life again. Shalom

My phone number is 08128106231 in case u want to have a one on one talk with me.
next time put a number that is on whatsapp.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 11:31am On Aug 26, 2018
HardMirror:
next time put a number that is on whatsapp.
Modified. Thanks.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2018
I want to say thank you to everybody for ur advice and many thnks to those that gave me a call. I love U all and I enjoyed d love u shows to me. God bless you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by dorox(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Danny225:
I want to say thank you to everybody for ur advice and many thnks to those that gave me a call. I love U all and I enjoyed d love u shows to me. God bless you all.

I hope you find peace and purpose in your life, stay strong my friend and never give in to despair.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
Brother,

It is well. It is well with your soul.

The cause of your depression is what you should attend to, and it is idleness. However, you must be sincere with yourself that it is the real cause. For example, idleness may just trigger it, but a failed relationship could be the real cause. Another reason might be intimidation.

Anyway, I think getting a source of income is a good step to your healing. And you must think out of the box at this time. I will chat with you tonight by the grace of God and share with you what I do for living. If you are interested, I will put you through.

My brother, depression is terrible. Last 2 weeks precisely, "unrest of my mind" tried knocking my door. I had had a slight touch of it some years back; hence, I quickly recognised it. What I did to eradicate it when it tried my residence was what I tried doing for 2 weeks. And I pushed it down a bit. But what surprised me was that just this afternoon, I put the final "road closed" to the issue on my mind. And then, I came across your thread. Ordinary, I would just stroll pass your thread, but I think I understand the reason I had "unrest of the mind" now. It sharpened my brain to be attentive to your thread. Mine was "unrest of the mind ", and I know how frustrating it is. Not to talk of your depression.

It is tonight you will put an end to it like me my brother. I made up my mind to cut off the person(s) involved. And you must do it too if there are people involved with yours too. It will take just 1 month of enduring the pain, but you have to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

If you like what I do, I will teach you, and it will make you go out to meet and interact with people. Meeting people is good for you at this time.

I will give you a group link on whatsapp and telegram where you can download free motivational and Christian books. Feed your mind and renew it daily with God's word. Declare depression out of your life. Stand firm in God's word.

Your situation is going to be a blessing for you, and you will testify to the glory of God. Perhaps, you need to use your musical talent in another special place, and not where you had used it. God might just use your circumstance to achieve it. I am not saying God caused the depression to fullfill your purpose in life. Nope. Devil is responsible for all the evil things in this world, but God has a way of using the evil craftiness of devil to achieve His purpose. So, stand your ground, and tell the devil to back off.
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Danny225: 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2018
Emusan:

My brother I can boldly tell you that you're not the only person in that shoe, and many who were once in that shoe but continue to rely on God have great testimony to share today.

So please, don't commit suicide before there's a brighter future ahead.

I base in Abuja and I don't mind if we meet.

You can message me on whatsapp sir so that I will get direction on how to meet u .
Re: Depression Is Killing Me. Pls Help by Anas09: 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
spongeisback:
Am sorry but I just have to say this. Why is it that we Nigerians love to use and abuse things?! I knew before reading the write up that money is going to be the issue.

OP you're going through a rough patch like every normal human being does, it has nothing to do with depression please. Can we stop throwing that word around so the genuinely depressed people will get help and support.

Depression is not just a word you throw around because you're down its a deadly disease.
I was going to say the same thing. Hard times happens to us all, but how you handle yours matters.

@Danny225, if everyone of God's follower in the Bible cried out 'Depression' and accused God of Abandoning them, do you think we'd have the Christian Faith today?

Let's begin with Abraham. At what age was he called to follow God? 75. a promise was made to him as a reward for his obedience. How many years was he when that promise was fulfilled? 100. How about Joseph? Can you go through what he went through and not decamp to satans side? What about Moses, David, Daniel, Meshach, Shedrach Abednego? What about Jesus the Christ? and Apst Paul?

Hard times falls to all. What does this tell you? to me it says 'Life is a test'. to get to the next level, you must pass a test for it. If you quit, it ends for you.

Killing yourself only terminates your existence with flesh and blood, you'll just translate to the eternal world of the spirits. There, there'll be no amends to be made.

(1) (Reply)

is there a way out of this? / Sunday Adelaja Challenges Adeboye, Odukoya in Video To Call Down Fire / Hypnotherapy Or Arranged Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.