Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth (96213 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen / Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by yourfillagepipu: 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
Whether he's worth trillions doesn't concern me hope his members benefit from that. Hope he speaks more on salvation of souls and the second coming of Christ.
It should interest you to know that the motto of the church is Matthew 6:33. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness and all other things shall be added onto you. There is NO service held where alter call is not made for people who want to give their life to Jesus Christ including Night vigils (except for covenant hour of prayer which holds everyday 5:30am - 6:30am).
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by chiommy123(f): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
eleojo23:

Have you ever been to his church before and he didn't speak on these things?

One thing I have discovered is that most Christians from different denominations judge people from afar. I used to believe based on what people said that winners only preach prosperity and that they don't talk about sin and salvation at all until I decided to attend their services to see for myself and it turned out not to be true.
There is no service that they don't make an alter call. In fact, in one of the services, the senior pastor encouraged people to always dress decently.

I think the church is more receptive of all kinds of people with the hope that as they come, their lives will be changed gradually (that was Jesus way). Unlike some churches that have this 'holier than thou' attitude which drives sincerely yearning hearts away even before they enter the church.

And if we will be sincere to ourselves, Oyedepo is one of the few ministers who give Christianity a voice in this country.
sweet heart I only asked a question and yes I've not been to his church am not planning to go there and am not judging you for going. Btw alter call is different from preaching salvation. The person you are calling for alter call has he repented from his sin and decided to follow Jesus. Its a decision the person has to make not forced and tomorrow another alter call this same person will still come out. What a joke
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by enemyofprogress: 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
joseph6071:

[b]CHILDREN:
Bishop David Oyedepo and his wife are blessed with four lovely children, they are; David Oyedepo Jnr. (Presently the Residential pastor of Living Faith Worldwide), Joys Oyedepo (You need to hear her talk, believe me, you do), Love Oyedepo and Isaac Oyedepo.

all of una wey dey call the man daddy,I no see una name for this list o. The man sabi him children.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by eleojo23: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
sweet heart I only asked a question and yes I've not been to his church am not planning to go there and am not judging you for going. Btw alter call is different from preaching salvation. The person you are calling for alter call has he repented from his sin and decided to follow Jesus. Its a decision the person has to make not forced and tomorrow another alter call this same person will still come out. What a joke

I am not a winners member.
But how will they make alter call without telling the people that they have to be saved? People come to the alter after hearing that they need Jesus and they are ready to receive him.

And about people coming out many times, I have seen that in other churches too.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Maseke: 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
amaniro:

[s]
Lol funny how you're the most ignorant here. Not all NGO's are charity. Don't tell me at your age you still dumb?! total oil is it charity? no go there if they dont slap the little brain you have off. Nonsense, get a life! church is meant to be a gathering for Christians, charity and the rest is solely for individuals and government *don't mention me again*
[/s]

TOTAL OIL? anyway, i wont insult you like you did up there. Its show your level of maturity. I urge you to read the CAC act that step up every religious organisation in Nigeria and worldwide
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
amaniro:

You people criticize these guys from a very wrong perspective. You talk of school his member can't afford. Is the church meant to sponsor children to school, Christ sponsor anyone to school? that is the church tertiary use. Church is not a charity organisation but a place where people of God gather to listen to sermon, redeem their faith. Ooh please stop playing this blame game. Work to have money. Christ encourages work. Only a gullible Christian deceived by freeze will say such.

Their fault are (Churches)

They don't preach, what they were meant and are meant to be preaching. They have gone astray. Am a good Christian. Am not gullible or deceived by fake prophets or freeze hypocrisy.
Tell them oooo, so if you're a lecturer in the University owned by a church, will tell the management not to pay you? will you agree to lecture for free?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by chiommy123(f): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
yourfillagepipu:

It should interest you to know that the motto of the church is Matthew 6:33. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness and all other things shall be added onto you. There is NO service held where alter call is not made for people who want to give their life to Jesus Christ including Night vigils (except for covenant hour of prayer which holds everyday 5:30am - 6:30am).
whatever your motto or car is. your alter call you'll repeat tomorrow the same persons will come out it means they don't understand what they are doing
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Maseke: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
CodeTemplar:

[s]So any non governmental org is a charity oriented organization?
You guys are ready to lose decorum just spite the church and men of God.
[/s]

How does this translate to spiting men of God. Educating someone how churches were registered is now a sin. Religious fanatic, dats wat u r. Na only you holy pass. I am a christian too for your information.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by maryalloy(f): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
more Grace Bishop �
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Tozara(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
amaniro:

You people criticize these guys from a very wrong perspective. You talk of school his member can't afford. Is the church meant to sponsor children to school, Christ sponsor anyone to school? that is the church tertiary use. Church is not a charity organisation but a place where people of God gather to listen to sermon, redeem their faith. Ooh please stop playing this blame game. Work to have money. Christ encourages work. Only a gullible Christian deceived by freeze will say such.

Their fault are (Churches)

They don't preach, what they were meant and are meant to be preaching. They have gone astray. Am a good Christian. Am not gullible or deceived by fake prophets or freeze hypocrisy.
In order to defend a crooked, deluded "God of Men", you had to jettison your integrity and honesty, and pervert the Christian message by dubiously asserting that the Church isn't a charity organization.

Apologist for thieves and frauds.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by divineappo(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
what's the meaning of this? Is he running for President also
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by saltoasis: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Haters can go and hug transformer.
If you are one, feel free to quote me
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by pawpzman: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Great business tycoon. You have my respect Sir.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by CodeTemplar: 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
Maseke:
[/s]

How does this translate to spiting men of God. Educating someone how churches were registered is now a sin. Religious fanatic, dats wat u r. Na only you holy pass. I am a christian too for your information.
OK.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by chiommy123(f): 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
eleojo23:

I am not a winners member.
But how will they make alter call without telling the people that they have to be saved? People come to the alter after hearing that they need Jesus and they are ready to receive him.

And about people coming out many times, I have seen that in other churches too.
but as an observer doesn't that tell you that maybe those people coming out do not understand what they did or are doing. Wherever its done its the same thing wrong practice. Sorry but its true
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
joseph6071:
BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO: BIOGRAPHY, NETWORTH AND HISTORY ABOUT HIS MINISTRATIONS

Now let us talk about the daddy here, popularly known by the Living Faith Church members and others interested in his ministry as “PAPA”. He is a man of influence all over Nigeria and in other part of the world. Although some controversies had stirred up about him in the past, but that has never moved him for once. Ladies and gentlemen, permit me to introduce the man of the hour.

ABOUT BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO

FULL NAME: BISHOP (DR) DAVID O. OYEDEPO (The ‘O’ in his name stands for Olaniyi).

AGE: Currently, he is 64 Years Old, born on the 27th of September, 1954.

STATE OF ORIGIN: Born in Osun State, but an indigene of Kwara State, Omu-aran to be precised.

EDUCATION: He had his degree in Architecture from Kwara State Polytechnic which he used for just a short period of time working with Federal ministry of Housing also in kwara (Ilorin). He also has an honorary doctorate degree from the University of Honolulu, Hawaii. though, he does not need his degree for anything whatsoever.

NET-WORTH: Forbes claimed that he was worth $150 million, but he disagreed plainly, telling them he was worth more than $150 million. That caused a whole lot of uproar then, but the problem was that people only got one side of what he said and ignored the rest. After he said he was worth more than that, he also added that he is worth all the Riches in glory, quoting from the scriptures.

Now about his family.

BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO’S FAMILY

WIFE: when Bishop David Oyedepo says he has a hitch free marriage for 36 years now, you would not believe it can ever happen until you hear his testimony. I have been privileged to listen to both him and his wife (Pastor Faith Oyedepo, popularly known as “MAMA”) talk about their marriage. He said that before he got married he asked God for one thing which is a hitch free marriage and God granted him his request from scriptures. That there was a time when he went to see a marriage counselor and told him what God told him about marriage and the reply of the counselor was that “it is not possible for two people to be close to each other for long and not step on each other’s toes” and he relied the counselor and said that “But both of us have been sitting close to each other since, how comes I have not stepped on your toes”.lol, deep right?

When I listened to mama’s side, what drew my attention was that she said they did their courtship before marriage for seven (7) good years, yeah I placed it in a bracket so you know I mean 7. How many people even court for up to a year now? Very few. And that he was so into God from a young age. They were in the same bible school but were just ‘friends’ from far, then God spoke to both of them and the magic happened.

CHILDREN: Bishop David Oyedepo and his wife are blessed with four lovely children, they are; David Oyedepo Jnr. (Presently the Residential pastor of Living Faith Worldwide), Joys Oyedepo (You need to hear her talk, believe me, you do), Love Oyedepo and Isaac Oyedepo.

Let me quickly chip this in, because it is also important to know. As at the time David Oyedepo Jnr was to be born, the devil struck with the miscarriage face, and when papa was back home, mama came crying to him that she had a miscarriage and see what he replied her with “NO, IT CANNOT HAPPEN, NOW CAN I HAVE MY FOOD PLEASE?”. It may also interest you to know that while she was heavily pregnant, he ordered them to put a mad man alone with her in his car. Someone join me say Faaaaaaith yeeeeah!!!.

PROMINENT INVESTMENTS

- COVENANT UNIVERSITY: Located at Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. It has been the best private university in Nigeria for quite a long time now and is also gaining a whole lot of global recognitions by the day.

- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY: Located in his hometown, Omu-aran in Kwara State. The university is known majorly for its agricultural practices

- SECONDARY SCHOOLS: The likes of Faith Academy, C.U.S.S and so on.

CHURCH STRUCTURE AND CAPACITY

The church was founded on the 11th of December, 1983 and it holds a capacity of 50,000 people per service, it is also known that the whole construction of the church was just in 12 months. Although the new faith theatre that is coming up is to accommodate 100,000 people per service.

LET’S TALK ABOUT HIS MINISTRY

Bishop David Oyedepo gave his life to Christ at a very young age (15 years Old) in the year 1969. He wasn’t raised fully by his parents though, he was raised by his grandmother, she taught him everything that he is putting to work now. There was a time he said it jokingly that if his grand mum was alive, that he would buy her an aircraft, whether she will use it or not.

He received an 18 hours encounter with God in 1981, where God revealed to him clearly the mandate of the church which is to preach the word of faith to liberate the world from the oppression of the devil.

Living Faith Church started originally in Kaduna state, before God moved him to the village, Ota in ogun state to continue the work. There was a time he said he went to a partuclar community with his prayer partner for evangelism, and when they got there, he asked if there was any church there and they said none and he asked that even catholic? And they said No, then he knelt down and said “God, may I not leave this place the way I met it” and in 40 days they already set up a church and the oldest man in the community gave him a lantern and said to him “Son, the light you have shined to this community, shall shine to the world”, now isn’t it shining?

Source: http://www.musictori.com/2018/08/bishop-david-oyedepo-everything-you.html

Con Men.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by mightyleks(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
whatever your motto or car is. your alter call you'll repeat tomorrow the same persons will come out it means they don't understand what they are doing

Do they make alter call in your church? That's if you attend any
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by chiommy123(f): 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
mightyleks:

Do they make alter call in your church? That's if you attend any
no. Call for baptism
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by benedictuyi(m): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
OP, abeg hw this talk take make sense to u?
"It may also interest you to know that while she was heavily pregnant, he ordered them to put a mad man alone with her in his car"
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Benten401(m): 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
God's Grace would never depart from your Life Papa.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Akmukoro: 8:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
The man God has used to teach us how to live our lives. A truly great man. God bless u sir.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by teemanbastos(m): 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
joseph6071:
BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO: BIOGRAPHY, NETWORTH AND HISTORY ABOUT HIS MINISTRATIONS

Now let us talk about the daddy here, popularly known by the Living Faith Church members and others interested in his ministry as “PAPA”. He is a man of influence all over Nigeria and in other part of the world. Although some controversies had stirred up about him in the past, but that has never moved him for once. Ladies and gentlemen, permit me to introduce the man of the hour.

ABOUT BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO

FULL NAME: BISHOP (DR) DAVID O. OYEDEPO (The ‘O’ in his name stands for Olaniyi).

AGE: Currently, he is 64 Years Old, born on the 27th of September, 1954.

STATE OF ORIGIN: Born in Osun State, but an indigene of Kwara State, Omu-aran to be precised.

EDUCATION: He had his degree in Architecture from Kwara State Polytechnic which he used for just a short period of time working with Federal ministry of Housing also in kwara (Ilorin). He also has an honorary doctorate degree from the University of Honolulu, Hawaii. though, he does not need his degree for anything whatsoever.

NET-WORTH: Forbes claimed that he was worth $150 million, but he disagreed plainly, telling them he was worth more than $150 million. That caused a whole lot of uproar then, but the problem was that people only got one side of what he said and ignored the rest. After he said he was worth more than that, he also added that he is worth all the Riches in glory, quoting from the scriptures.

Now about his family.

BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO’S FAMILY

WIFE: when Bishop David Oyedepo says he has a hitch free marriage for 36 years now, you would not believe it can ever happen until you hear his testimony. I have been privileged to listen to both him and his wife (Pastor Faith Oyedepo, popularly known as “MAMA”) talk about their marriage. He said that before he got married he asked God for one thing which is a hitch free marriage and God granted him his request from scriptures. That there was a time when he went to see a marriage counselor and told him what God told him about marriage and the reply of the counselor was that “it is not possible for two people to be close to each other for long and not step on each other’s toes” and he relied the counselor and said that “But both of us have been sitting close to each other since, how comes I have not stepped on your toes”.lol, deep right?

When I listened to mama’s side, what drew my attention was that she said they did their courtship before marriage for seven (7) good years, yeah I placed it in a bracket so you know I mean 7. How many people even court for up to a year now? Very few. And that he was so into God from a young age. They were in the same bible school but were just ‘friends’ from far, then God spoke to both of them and the magic happened.

CHILDREN: Bishop David Oyedepo and his wife are blessed with four lovely children, they are; David Oyedepo Jnr. (Presently the Residential pastor of Living Faith Worldwide), Joys Oyedepo (You need to hear her talk, believe me, you do), Love Oyedepo and Isaac Oyedepo.

Let me quickly chip this in, because it is also important to know. As at the time David Oyedepo Jnr was to be born, the devil struck with the miscarriage face, and when papa was back home, mama came crying to him that she had a miscarriage and see what he replied her with “NO, IT CANNOT HAPPEN, NOW CAN I HAVE MY FOOD PLEASE?”. It may also interest you to know that while she was heavily pregnant, he ordered them to put a mad man alone with her in his car. Someone join me say Faaaaaaith yeeeeah!!!.

PROMINENT INVESTMENTS

- COVENANT UNIVERSITY: Located at Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. It has been the best private university in Nigeria for quite a long time now and is also gaining a whole lot of global recognitions by the day.

- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY: Located in his hometown, Omu-aran in Kwara State. The university is known majorly for its agricultural practices

- SECONDARY SCHOOLS: The likes of Faith Academy, C.U.S.S and so on.

CHURCH STRUCTURE AND CAPACITY

The church was founded on the 11th of December, 1983 and it holds a capacity of 50,000 people per service, it is also known that the whole construction of the church was just in 12 months. Although the new faith theatre that is coming up is to accommodate 100,000 people per service.

LET’S TALK ABOUT HIS MINISTRY

Bishop David Oyedepo gave his life to Christ at a very young age (15 years Old) in the year 1969. He wasn’t raised fully by his parents though, he was raised by his grandmother, she taught him everything that he is putting to work now. There was a time he said it jokingly that if his grand mum was alive, that he would buy her an aircraft, whether she will use it or not.

He received an 18 hours encounter with God in 1981, where God revealed to him clearly the mandate of the church which is to preach the word of faith to liberate the world from the oppression of the devil.

Living Faith Church started originally in Kaduna state, before God moved him to the village, Ota in ogun state to continue the work. There was a time he said he went to a partuclar community with his prayer partner for evangelism, and when they got there, he asked if there was any church there and they said none and he asked that even catholic? And they said No, then he knelt down and said “God, may I not leave this place the way I met it” and in 40 days they already set up a church and the oldest man in the community gave him a lantern and said to him “Son, the light you have shined to this community, shall shine to the world”, now isn’t it shining?

Source: http://www.musictori.com/2018/08/bishop-david-oyedepo-everything-you.html

Great Man!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by danbrowndmf(m): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
chiommy123:
Whether he's worth trillions doesn't concern me hope his members benefit from that. Hope he speaks more on salvation of souls and the second coming of Christ.
Is Message Is Matt 6;33.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by PastorAji(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
@joseph6071,

There are some corrections I want to make in your write up

Joys/Love is no longer bearing Oyedepo She is now Dcns. Ogah

The 100,000 capacity auditorium plan was jettisoned and (most likely) handed over to Dr. Paul Enechie (which is almost at completion)

For those that are complaining,
1. If you succeed, the world will recognize and celebrate you
2. If he (Bishop Oyedepo) is a con man (as others would say) I would be very happy that he con me, and also show me the way to con and be a big time celebrity
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by imran147(m): 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
Naira land u never include he’s was born by Muslim father a Imam “ omu aran
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by campbelljosh(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
You didn't tell us when his wife was poisoned
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Tareq1105: 12:52am On Aug 27, 2018
Ekez:
Church biz is booming

Start one now and let's see how far you can go
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Tareq1105: 12:55am On Aug 27, 2018
devilmaycry:
School that not most of his members can't boast of affording the fees...

It is well

Did his church members complain to you?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Tareq1105: 1:00am On Aug 27, 2018
gypsey:
crooked pastor!

Your purpose of coming to the world is to criticize.

It's a calling too. It's your Ministry and you are already fulfilling your calling.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Tareq1105: 1:02am On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:
Church business is good business.

You can equally start yours.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by donqx: 1:26am On Aug 27, 2018
hmm
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo: Biography, Age, Children And His Updated Networth by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 27, 2018
Tareq1105:

Your purpose of coming to the world is to criticize.

It's a calling too. It's your Ministry and you are already fulfilling your calling.
is this rubbish supposed to make sense?

you are not just gullible you are also dumb. grin i pity you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zambian Prophet Removing A Lady's Pant In Church In Front Of Congregation (Photo / Coronavirus: TB Joshua Reacts As Lagos Government Restricts Church Activities / TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.