Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone (4512 Views)

Realme Launches The World's Cheapest Snapdragon 888 Smartphone / The Poco F1 Is The Cheapest Smartphone With A Snapdragon 845 Processor / One Plus CEO; One Plus 6 To Arrive In June With Snapdragon 845 On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 26, 2018
Snapdragon 845 phone for just $300. Is this thing even real? One plus devices have always been the flagship killers but looks like we might just have a One plus killer with the Pocophone from Xioami. Just check out the specs

Display size: 6.18 inch IPS FHD 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)

OS: Android 8.1 ( Upgradable to Android P in around 3 months)

Chipset: Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU

Memory: 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM

Camera: Dual Set up; 12 MP, f/1.9 and 5 MP, f/2.0

Selfie camera: 20 MP, f/2.0

Headphone jack: YES

FM radio: YES

Stereo speakers: YES

Battery: 4,000mah

USB C: YES

Fast charging: YES, quick charge 3.0

This is a real bargain for those who don't want to spend a fortune on a phone with the best of the best processor plus superb battery. Although they did cut some corners to save cost. Some of the shortcomings are

1. Plastic body (but solidly built). There is also a version that comes with kevlar back for more premium feel

2. No water proofing

3. No wireless charging

4. No NFC

5. No OIS in the camera

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 26, 2018
@protein0 get this one in
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Protein0: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2018
greenhulk:
@protein0 get this one in
you can be sure I'll get it, even from the very first sale. It was launched in India, awaiting global launch soonest kiss
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Mustack: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2018
How much in naira?
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by EvilMetahuman: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2018
That is one cheap phone..

How did they pull that off?

I hope it's not one.of those phones that is only cheap on papers.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
That is one cheap phone..

How did they pull that off?

I hope it's not one.of those phones that is only cheap on papers.

Trust me it's cheap. Before now I think OnePlus 6 was the cheapest snapdragon 845 phone at $530 for the 6/64gb version. A true flagship killer. The pocophone starts at $300 for the 6/64gb version. It should give the same performance as the OnePlus 6 plus it has a bigger battery (trust xioami with batteries na). They cut corners by using plastic at the back but most people that use all these glass back phones still have to wear a plastic case on them so not much of a big deal if u can live with that. Also its not water resistant and no wireless charging (OnePlus 6 doesn't have these too).

One major drawback though is lack of nfc and ois, so if u can live with that then it's the cheapest fastest phone u can get.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by EvilMetahuman: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Trust me it's cheap. Before now I think OnePlus 6 was the cheapest snapdragon 845 phone at $530 for the 6/64gb version. A true flagship killer. The pocophone starts at $300 for the 6/64gb version. It should give the same performance as the OnePlus 6 plus it has a bigger battery (trust xioami with batteries na). They cut corners by using plastic at the back but most people that use all these glass back phones still have to wear a plastic case on them so not much of a big deal if u can live with that. Also its not water resistant and no wireless charging (OnePlus 6 doesn't have these too).

One major drawback though is lack of nfc and ois, so if u can live with that then it's the cheapest fastest phone u can get.
who cares about gimmicky stuff like glass back that no one gets to see cos it has been covered up or gets shattered and takes another money to repair..

Although a bit of water resistant won't be such a bad idea, but with the spec I'm seeing, that's just asking for too much ...

300dollars? Seriously? Still don't think that would be possible.. may be it is just to draw people's attention to the phone and will eventually retail for around 450 to 500 like one plus.

The notch though, yuck!

I just googled the phone now, it has everything you will find on a 1000 dollars flagship device .. I mean literally everything except may be the build quality. Heck it even has water cooling heat pipe and infrared facial recognition hardware.. like for real? 300dollars?

They supposed to stone apple and Samsung if this device actually turns out to be real. I mean common? Profit of 700 dollars on a phone? No wonder apple hit trillion.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by fibonacci2526: 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
who cares about gimmicky stuff like glass back that no one gets to see cos it has been covered up or gets shattered and takes another money to repair..

Although a bit of water resistant won't be such a bad idea, but with the spec I'm seeing, that's just asking for too much ...

300dollars? Seriously? Still don't think that would be possible.. may be it is just to draw people's attention to the phone and will eventually retail for around 450 to 500 like one plus.

The notch though, yuck!

I just googled the phone now, it has everything you will find on a 1000 dollars flagship device .. I mean literally everything except may be the build quality. Heck it even has water cooling heat pipe and infrared facial recognition hardware.. like for real? 300dollars?

They supposed to stone apple and Samsung if this device actually turns out to be real. I mean common? Profit of 700 dollars on a phone? No wonder apple hit trillion.

You can trust the device because it is xiaomi sub-brand. We might not get it for $300 in this part of the world because of seller's inflation but we should still get for like $400 or slightly less.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You can trust the device because it is xiaomi sub-brand. We might not get it for $300 in this part of the world because of seller's inflation but we should still get for like $400 or slightly less.

Actually u don't get Samsung or iPhones on Nigerian shelves for the official price, it's always slightly higher unless u order online. Xiaomi phones are not sold here but people order online. I have a feeling this phone will sell out as soon as the global version becomes available. The redmi note series are already selling in numbers, this one right here is going to be a HIT.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by fibonacci2526: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Actually u don't get Samsung or iPhones on Nigerian shelves for the official price, it's always slightly higher unless u order online. Xiaomi phones are not sold here but people order online. I have a feeling this phone will sell out as soon as the global version becomes available. The redmi note series are already selling in numbers, this one right here is going to be a HIT.

Of course I know, am just saying we might get for higher than $300 for now(definitely be way cheaper as soon as time passes like all xiaomi products). It will be listed on alixpress from tomorrow, so we will have an idea of what prices these resellers will sell it.

There is going to be just a version(slightly different bands for different market) as this device won't launch in China according to the Poco product manager.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Of course I know, am just saying we might get for higher than $300 for now(definitely be way cheaper as soon as time passes like all xiaomi products). It will be listed on alixpress from tomorrow, so we will have an idea of what prices these resellers will sell it.

There is going to be just a version(slightly different bands for different market) as this device won't launch in China according to the Poco product manager.

Oh I get u now. Let's wait and see how much it would be listed for.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Baroba(m): 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
I watched the whole launch on YouTube, Props to Jai Mani and his team for developing this device, this is what we have always wanted, a top of the line SOC with a big battery, good camera at a ridiculously cheap price.. I was arranging for Mi Max 3 to replace my old Mi Max, bit this device don make me rethink..

Pocoloko F1 is the new flagship killer, I have never been this excited since the launch of one plus in 2014 ( still remember hunting for invites on Google plus to get this device back then..lol)

Am just hoping Ali sellers will not raise the mark up cost significantly cheesy.. Samsung can keep there overpriced toys..

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by fibonacci2526: 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
Baroba:
I watched the whole launch on YouTube, Props to Jai Mani and his team for developing this device, this is what we have always wanted, a top of the line SOC with a big battery, good camera at a ridiculously cheap price.. I was arranging for Mi Max 3 to replace my old Mi Max, bit this device don make me rethink..

Pocoloko F1 is the new flagship killer, I have never been this excited since the launch of one plus in 2014 ( still remember hunting for invites on Google plus to get this device back then..lol)

Eagerly awaiting price on Ali Nwa mama cheesy.. Samsung can keep there overpriced toys..

As in eh, these alixpress resellers can't be trusted. Won't be shocked with a pre-sale price tag of $400, would be better to wait and let the actual sales start and as usual prices will begin to fall.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Baroba(m): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

As in eh, these alixpress resellers can't be trusted. Won't be shocked with a pre-sale price tag of $400, would be better to wait and let the actual sales start and as usual prices will begin to fall.

You must have read me before I edited my post, that's my fear, pre sale will likely start at $400, resellers will want to make a killing with this device..

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by fibonacci2526: 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
Baroba:

You must have read me before I edited my post, that's my fear, pre sale will likely start at $400, resellers will want to make a killing with this device..

Hahaha, just checked banggood it's listed for $400. Very predictable.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Dam5reey(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
Poco F1 Is not worth the Hype, You only get what you paid for.. I'm a fan of raw performance but, No OIS in camera plus plastic build is a no no..

Mi 8 remains the best SD845.. Amoled display, Under 400USD..

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Decale: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Trust me it's cheap. Before now I think OnePlus 6 was the cheapest snapdragon 845 phone at $530 for the 6/64gb version. A true flagship killer. The pocophone starts at $300 for the 6/64gb version

Xiaomi mi 8
Zenfone 5z
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
Decale:

Xiaomi mi 8
Zenfone 5z

Yea, I guess I missed those 2
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by fibonacci2526: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Yea, I guess I missed those 2

Add meizu 16th, slightly less than $400.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
greenhulk:
Snapdragon 845 phone for just $300. Is this thing even real? One plus devices have always been the flagship killers but looks like we might just have a One plus killer with the Pocophone from Xioami. Just check out the specs

Display size: 6.18 inch IPS FHD 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)

OS: Android 8.1 ( Upgradable to Android P in around 3 months)

Chipset: Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU

Memory: 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM

Camera: Dual Set up; 12 MP, f/1.9 and 5 MP, f/2.0

Selfie camera: 20 MP, f/2.0

Headphone jack: YES

FM radio: YES

Stereo speakers: YES

Battery: 4,000mah

USB C: YES

Fast charging: YES, quick charge 3.0

This is a real bargain for those who don't want to spend a fortune on a phone with the best of the best processor plus superb battery. Although they did cut some corners to save cost. Some of the shortcomings are

1. Plastic body (but solidly built). There is also a version that comes with kevlar back for more premium feel

2. No water proofing

3. No wireless charging

4. No NFC

5. No OIS in the camera
Oga Ur quotes are wrong. Verify and edit this post
Okay thought I saw no fast charge.
Who told you no ois. Oga it has Eis better than ois.it even shoots at 4k sef. Biko don't vex me undecided
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dam5reey:
Poco F1 Is not worth the Hype, You only get what you paid for.. I'm a fan of raw performance but, No OIS in camera plus plastic build is a no no..

Mi 8 remains the best SD845.. Amoled display, Under 400USD..
it has Eis ( electrical image stabilization the camera is also crazy.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by fibonacci2526: 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHESTER48:
Who told you there is wireless charging?
Who told you no ois. Oga it has Eis better than ois.it even shoots at 4k sef. Biko don't vex me undecided

There is no wireless charging and ois na, he is right.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

There is no wireless charging and ois na, he is right.
it has Eis not ois.and is oneplus 6 wireless charging?
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by fibonacci2526: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHESTER48:
it has Eis not ois.and is oneplus 6 wireless charging?

You don't have to take it personal, he admits it is a good price.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Decale: 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHESTER48:

How do you know the camera is crazy?

Are you the founder of Poco?
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
Decale:

How do you know the camera is crazy?

Are you the founder of Poco?
no.but you can know this.if you want to?
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Decale: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHESTER48:

Okay

How will I know the camera is crazy?
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHESTER48:
Okay thought I saw no fast charge.

Oga ade the picture below is from gsm arena. And for the records EIS doesn't get the job done like OIS especially in low lights. I don't hate this phone by the way, it's a great phone but what I wrote there is correct. Don't get too sentimental.

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You don't have to take it personal, he admits it is a good price.

I just weak mhen. This is the problem with this country. I clearly stated that Oneplus 6 also doesn't have wireless charging, its a way to cut cost. But just because the device is cheap and great doesn't mean we should overlook its cons.. haba. If u can live with it not having OIS, wireless charging, waterproofing, glass back, NFC, then its a very very good buy. Nigerians generally will just attach sentiment to something and just turn blind eyes to every other things. TSTV anyone?
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHESTER48:

Bros hope u know EIS is not the same as OIS. As a matter of fact OIS does a better job than EIS, in low lights EIS is practically useless. This is why u find OIS on flagship phones while mid rangers go with EIS.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by dreamwords: 12:12am On Aug 27, 2018
all these xiaomi boys
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Dam5reey(m): 1:12am On Aug 27, 2018
CHESTER48:

Of point, EIS is for Video.. undecided

Oh Greenhulk already trashed that..

Reason why I stopped comments on Nairaland, To many misconceptions, average tech guys with sentiments.

Camera is also crazy did you think before typing that..

All does reviews you watched were pictures taken on Handheld devices, tripods, Gimbals mostly..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, Redmi 10C Is Killing My Junior Sister / The New Shocking Price Of Infinix Hot Note X551 / Cheapest Call Rate Across Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.