Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone (4543 Views)

Realme Launches The World's Cheapest Snapdragon 888 Smartphone / The Poco F1 Is The Cheapest Smartphone With A Snapdragon 845 Processor / One Plus CEO; One Plus 6 To Arrive In June With Snapdragon 845 On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 27, 2018
Dam5reey:

Of point, EIS is for Video.. undecided

Oh Greenhulk already trashed that..

Reason why I stopped comments on Nairaland, To many misconceptions, average tech guys with sentiments.

Camera is also crazy did you think before typing that..

All does reviews you watched were pictures taken on Handheld devices, tripods, Gimbals mostly..

Exactly why I have stayed off this section for a while now.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:

Oga ade the picture below is from gsm arena. And for the records EIS doesn't get the job done like OIS especially in low lights. I don't hate this phone by the way, it's a great phone but what I wrote there is correct. Don't get too sentimental.
did you even Google about eis and ois before you even made this comment chaii. Lemme now brief you sir. Ois is used because it retain the pixels.or quality when taken pictures.but Eis degrades the pictures a little bit. And besides Eis is cheaper doesn't mean it for low end phones.ois bring camera bụ b while eis doesn't. There is no way eis affect low light picture young man because you can disable it at any given time. Biko read proper. GSM arena posted no ois.but didn't post eis meaning they don't even know about the phone.they are just laying emphasis based on assumption. That's how a well known site like gamedebate said my old laptop Nvidia 820m can't run gta v. Out of fear I no put the gta v. Untill one day my cousin come with hardisk na so I plug am. And I was getting 30 fps at high setting. Since that day believe what they say on paper. Go and watch unbox therapy.and Mr who is the boss and stop talking trash of lies.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:

I just weak mhen. This is the problem with this country. I clearly stated that Oneplus 6 also doesn't have wireless charging, its a way to cut cost. But just because the device is cheap and great doesn't mean we should overlook its cons.. haba. If u can live with it not having OIS, wireless charging, waterproofing, glass back, NFC, then its a very very good buy. Nigerians generally will just attach sentiment to something and just turn blind eyes to every other things. TSTV anyone?
this your comments just dey pepper me Oga what have you done with your nfc in nigeria? Which shops and banks have you used them in nigeria.na so person go dey talk something that is not even important in nigeria as a con to the phone. The whites are saying it cause they use. How many people know what is nfc here in naija. Waterproofing for naija. I laugh in style. Like I said earlier. It has Eis. There is even one one plus that had eis. And Eis is the future.

Besides you know less of this phone cause this phone also has infrared facial recognition and you never mentioned that.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:18am On Aug 27, 2018
Decale:

Okay

How will I know the camera is crazy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEIGEFcTTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFgHoxmrhfk

There are your links sire

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 27, 2018
CHESTER48:
did you even Google about eis and ois before you even made this comment chaii. Lemme now brief you sir. Ois is used because it retain the pixels.or quality when taken pictures.but Eis degrades the pictures a little bit. And besides Eis is cheaper doesn't mean it for low end phones.ois bring camera bụ b while eis doesn't. There is no way eis affect low light picture young man because you can disable it at any given time. Biko read proper. GSM arena posted no ois.but didn't post eis meaning they don't even know about the phone.they are just laying emphasis based on assumption. That's how a well known site like gamedebate said my old laptop Nvidia 820m can't run gta v. Out of fear I no put the gta v. Untill one day my cousin come with hardisk na so I plug am. And I was getting 30 fps at high setting. Since that day believe what they say on paper. Go and watch unbox therapy.and Mr who is the boss and stop talking trash of lies.

U have come again with ur jargons. It is one thing to Google the meaning of something, it's another thing to actually understand what u just read. Now that u have given us the meaning of ois and eis, bow do u understand how they work or what they do? U urself said it that EIS degrades the picture (thanks to Google), so then how is EIS that degrades the picture and performs poorly in low light better than ois which is hardware present on the lens and does not degrade the picture. Just listen to urself, are u even making any sense?

And let me just say this....in summary imagine stabilization (OIS, EIS, etc) allows for better pictures or videos while moving the camera. A camera without OIS will produce more blurry images while in motion. If u are recording s video while running, it would look terrible on s phone without OIS, with EIS it would still look good but in low light will still look distorted unlike with OIS. Next time when u Google something try and understand instead of just copying and pasting. There's no point replying u after this one because ur next comment will be in gibberish as usual.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:

U have come again with ur jargons. It is one thing to Google the meaning of something, it's another thing to actually understand what u just read. Now that u have given us the meaning of ois and eis, bow do u understand how they work or what they do? U urself said it that EIS degrades the picture (thanks to Google), so then how is EIS that degrades the picture and performs poorly in low light better than ois which is hardware present on the lens and does not degrade the picture. Just listen to urself, are u even making any sense?

And let me just say this....in summary imagine stabilization (OIS, EIS, etc) allows for better pictures or videos while moving the camera. A camera without OIS will produce more blurry images while in motion. Next time when u Google something try and understand instead of just copying and pasting. There's no point replying u after this one because ur next comment will be in gibberish as usual.
the problem with you is you overestimate yourself. I think it's about time I show your followers that you're not their mentor. Please wo even feels I am talking jargon kindly take your time and watch this video. This a a blind test video with the so called phone that has ois and the poco with eis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU6wPwDR5f0
This video you will be the one to judge yourself. Try to play at 360p or 480p to view this pix. The low light is at the ending. Next time think before u talk nonsense oga.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:48am On Aug 27, 2018
CHESTER48:
the problem with you is you overestimate yourself. I think it's about time I show your followers that you're not their mentor. Please wo even feels I am talking jargon kindly take your time and watch this video. This a a blind test video with the so called phone that has ois and the poco with eis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU6wPwDR5f0
This video you will be the one to judge yourself. Try to play at 360p or 480p to view this pix. The low light is at the ending. Next time think before u talk nonsense oga.

Lol, this is the problem with u. U don't read very well before rushing into comments. Na so u go dey fail exam for class. I just watched the video and OIS or EIS does not come to play in any of the photos. Jeez u need to stop typing jargons. These are normal point and shoot photos that any cameras can do. So for ur mind u think ois and eis come into action whenever u take a picture? How about try shooting a video while running, that's when ois and eis will come to play. Now try the same thing in low light with a phone with only EIS and see the difference. OIS stabilizes images and videos by hardware while EIS uses software. When taking a still image or video without shaking ur hands ois does not come into action, it only comes into play when there's a movement. Some phones have both ois and EIS working hand in hand.

This guy u really have a lot to learn, stop embarassing urself Biko. I never said the camera of the pocophone is bad or not capable. Even tecno camon phones without OIS take very good still photos under normal conditions, but when u start shaking ur hands while taking shots or recording u start seeing the effect of lack of ois.

In case u still don't know what inage stabilization is, watch the video below from supersaf between the camera of Samsung Galaxy s9 plus and Huawei p20 pro. U cab fast forward to 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DborQY7z4kI

As u can see from the video, at 4k p20 pro lacks any form of stabilization while the Samsung gives stabilization at 4k. The result? 4k videos on the p20 pro really sucks while running because of lack of stabilization while it's smooth on the Samsung. Even at 1080p 60fps p20 pro still lacks stabilization, if u want stabilization u have to drop to 1080p 30fps. Mind u p20 pro has ois on all it's cameras oh, now imagine doing that with a phone without OIS, even shooting at 720p won't give u much stabilization not to talk of 4k or even 1080p. With the exception of Google pixel with their HDR software.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by abdomints: 5:11am On Aug 27, 2018
More competition means more choices and good prices... welcome all Xiaomi Mi A2, Mi A2 Lite, Poco F1...
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 27, 2018
Dam5reey:

Of point, EIS is for Video.. undecided

Oh Greenhulk already trashed that..

Reason why I stopped comments on Nairaland, To many misconceptions, average tech guys with sentiments.

Camera is also crazy did you think before typing that..

All does reviews you watched were pictures taken on Handheld devices, tripods, Gimbals mostly..

OIS & EIS are image stabilization techniques that are applicable to both still image and videos.
Largely OIS is lens based while EIS is sensor based
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 27, 2018
fibonacci2526:

As in eh, these alixpress resellers can't be trusted. Won't be shocked with a pre-sale price tag of $400, would be better to wait and let the actual sales start and as usual prices will begin to fall.

Sure for now expect a price tag of around $400.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Dam5reey(m): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2018
simonjo:

OIS & EIS are image stabilization techniques that are applicable to both still image and videos.
Largely OIS is lens based while EIS is sensor based

I tire for you guys oo,

EIS sensor based cheesy,

That means optical zoom and digital Zoom is the same as well...
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dam5reey:

I tire for you guys oo,

EIS sensor based cheesy,

That means optical zoom and digital Zoom is the same as well...

Calm down and learn how systems work in full, if you understand optics you should get the sense of the operation.

Your camera sensors captures optical light and transmits the image for processing in the form of digital signals.

EIS is programmed such that if the device sensors detect camera shake, EIS responds correspondingly.

For your question: optical zoom is a true zoom lens while digital zoom is image processed.

Now answer this: EIS has been in used for years, why is it not present in all phones?
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, this is the problem with u. U don't read very well before rushing into comments. Na so u go dey fail exam for class. I just watched the video and OIS or EIS does not come to play in any of the photos. Jeez u need to stop typing jargons. These are normal point and shoot photos that any cameras can do. So for ur mind u think ois and eis come into action whenever u take a picture? How about try shooting a video while running, that's when ois and eis will come to play. Now try the same thing in low light with a phone with only EIS and see the difference. OIS stabilizes images and videos by hardware while EIS uses software. When taking a still image or video without shaking ur hands ois does not come into action, it only comes into play when there's a movement. Some phones have both ois and EIS working hand in hand.

This guy u really have a lot to learn, stop embarassing urself Biko. I never said the camera of the pocophone is bad or not capable. Even tecno camon phones without OIS take very good still photos under normal conditions, but when u start shaking ur hands while taking shots or recording u start seeing the effect of lack of ois.

In case u still don't know what inage stabilization is, watch the video below from supersaf between the camera of Samsung Galaxy s9 plus and Huawei p20 pro. U cab fast forward to 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DborQY7z4kI

As u can see from the video, at 4k p20 pro lacks any form of stabilization while the Samsung gives stabilization at 4k. The result? 4k videos on the p20 pro really sucks while running because of lack of stabilization while it's smooth on the Samsung. Even at 1080p 60fps p20 pro still lacks stabilization, if u want stabilization u have to drop to 1080p 30fps. Mind u p20 pro has ois on all it's cameras oh, now imagine doing that with a phone without OIS, even shooting at 720p won't give u much stabilization not to talk of 4k or even 1080p. With the exception of Google pixel with their HDR software.
everything you just said her is trash.now ois only affects videos no more pictures. And you are comparing p20 pro which has ois with another phone which has ois.how is it adding up. The arguement is ois vs eis and you're bringing ois. I've told you don't know nothis about ois or eis. Eis only reduces the resolution of of the images cause it zooms in.But if the megapixel is huge just like pocophone it is not a problem. I also said that u don't need ois or Eis to take images lemme go and screenshot it now. Cause you will come back again to defend your lies and ignorant words you just used here. Go learn about a product before you compare or talk about it next time. Peace.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Iscoalarcon: 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
hello bro please is there any application like smart switch of samsung for infinix and tecno phones lastly how can i stop automatic update for firefox and chrome o windows 7 ultimate. Thanks a bunch bro wink
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by gogeekish(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
hello bro please is there any application like smart switch of samsung for infinix and tecno phones lastly how can i stop automatic update for firefox and chrome o windows 7 ultimate. Thanks a bunch bro wink
Google is your best friend Bro.
May be you prefer to wait weeks for answer to some of your questions.
Re: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Is The Cheapest Snapdragon 845 Phone by Iscoalarcon: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
gogeekish:

Google is your best friend Bro.
May be you prefer to wait weeks for answer to some of your questions.
i have checked checked and checked again without the result i want thats the reason I am asking experts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etisalat Has Gone NUTS!!! / Mtn Airtime Portal Hacked / How Do I Unlock Nokia C3.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.