Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Estates Are Scam. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Estates Are Scam. (1953 Views)

Evergreen Estates .(are They Legit??) / All Our Estates Are Below 5m And We Have Ready To Build And For Investment Too / Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estates Are Scam. by DaddyNimo(m): 5:29am On Aug 26, 2018
Whatever you do never buy any property in an estate, it's fraud, scam and worthless. In an estate, it's simply you own the building but the estate coy still owns the land. What will it profit you if u buy a plot of land in an estate, and instead of paying omo onile as it is on a regular land, they say pay for developmental fee. After that they force a house plan and specifications on you as if they will pay for d building you're about building. After completing the said building, you will den start paying estate development fee annually. To me that's BS. I'd rada carry my money and buy a regular land, pay omo onile and build a house of my choice, and hire street vigilante. Estate of nowadays are nothing but scam and extortion. fork them all.

8 Likes

Re: Estates Are Scam. by HungerBAD: 5:41am On Aug 26, 2018
I have been saying same thing for years.

You have a point.

8 Likes

Re: Estates Are Scam. by MrMcJay(m): 6:21am On Aug 26, 2018
I once wrote an article here on the scams by Real Estate Companies and was insulted and attacked by their marketers and company reps.

Here's the link
https://www.nairaland.com/3909920/top-scams-real-estate-companies

There is a particular estate that paid Omoniles for about 30 plots but have sold more than 400 plots to subscribers. That estate doesn't allow straightforward allocation. Money for this, money for that, drawings for this drawings for that all because you paid for land and you want to collect your land. This info was provided in confidence by a manager in that real estate company.

Go to Ibeju-Lekki. There are more than 100 estates there. How many of them do you see subscribers building?

Some of those estates are sitting on government committed land, others are sitting on land earmarked for industrial purposes. Majority are sitting on land without title of any kind and most of them are still owing the Omoniles. Meanwhile, the Omoniles are waiting for the land to appreciate before collecting everything back.

It's hell of a mess I tell you
Re: Estates Are Scam. by blackaxe78: 6:40am On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Estates Are Scam. by michtob(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2018
Just wish most Nigerians can be patient enough to read the terms and conditions before buying into them. You will run when you go through them especially all this buy a plot collect one ram
Re: Estates Are Scam. by DaddyNimo(m): 7:02am On Aug 26, 2018
it's better to buy a regular land, and go the baale of the area, present hot drinks and tell him directly that u need a land. He will allocate one for u and den you do the necessary paper work and voila the land is your. After buying if u can't afford a full fence, do corner stones, make friends with the omoniles, give dem tips for drinks anytime u visit the land, den pay dem prior to foundation stage. Don't try to play smart by starting foundation before seeing them, nobody likes to feel cheated on. After foundation, the next payment is lintel and roofing stage. But if ure gonna deck the building, u will pay dem before decking, after the first decking no payments again till roofing. It's as easy as that. omonile are easy to handle if ure social and plan and honest, don't play smart with dem or they change it for u.

1 Like

Re: Estates Are Scam. by Mailthaddeus(m): 7:02am On Aug 26, 2018
Bro, what u just said is nothing but the absolute truth. The is an estate( I won't wanna mention its name) I
am currently work at. After spending outrageously to buy the land, you still have to pay an annual developmental fee, survey fee, estate maintenance fee, security levy(200k annually) and still, u will be forced to build just a storey building and a pent floor only.

The estate provides water, security and electricity, but these comes at an exorbitant rate. Imagine paying 200k for water monthly, security 200k annually and electricity goes as high as 300k monthly. Even though they use a prepaid meter, but they, the rates are 1000times higher than PHCN rate.

Guess what! U can't just sell off ur property in peace, the estate must broker in the deal, while collecting huge amt of agency fee. Far more than what regular agents get. It's all land scam.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by uboma(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2018
Very true.

I have never fancied estate plots because of the numerous fees that one is required to keep paying throughout the ownership of the plot.

1 Like

Re: Estates Are Scam. by Mgbadike80: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2018
DaddyNimo:
Whatever you do never buy any property in an estate, it's fraud, scam and worthless. In an estate, it's simply you own the building but the estate coy still owns the land. What will it profit you if u buy a plot of land in an estate, and instead of paying omo onile as it is on a regular land, they say pay for developmental fee. After that they force a house plan and specifications on you as if they will pay for d building you're about building. After completing the said building, you will den start paying estate development fee annually. To me that's BS. I'd rada carry my money and buy a regular land, pay omo onile and build a house of my choice, and hire street vigilante. Estate of nowadays are nothing but scam and extortion. fork them all.
they exist because many people love been elitist, if you really want to live in a planned estate, form a group be it a church group, committee of friends, old boys association etc. go and buy the land directly from the villagers and each person would get his personal land document so he can sell or get a certificate of occupancy at his wish. Here in Anambra, it usually saves you money in the long run because you settle all traditional requirements like igbu ewu ani once and for all. that's the best way to live in an estate.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by DaddyNimo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mgbadike80:
they exist because many people love been elitist, if you really want to live in a planned estate, form a group be it a church group, committee of friends, old boys association etc. go and buy the land directly from the villagers and each person would get his personal land document so he can sell or get a certificate of occupancy at his wish. Here in Anambra, it usually saves you money in the long run because you settle all traditional requirements like igbu ewu ani once and for all. that's the best way to live in an estate.
who estate epp
Re: Estates Are Scam. by Mgbadike80: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
DaddyNimo:

who estate epp
living in a planned estate have it's merits. we just abuse everything in this shitholes.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by chuksanambra: 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Lalasticlala come and push this thread to the parlour let people see it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Estates Are Scam. by gbadexy(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
I would rather buy a piece of land that would be strictly mine and be free to do what I want with than be dictated to and still continue paying fees.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by egbabiekperemo1: 1:01am On Aug 27, 2018
No all estate coĺlect fees annually
Re: Estates Are Scam. by uboma(m): 2:00am On Aug 27, 2018
Mgbadike80:
living in a planned estate have it's merits. we just abuse everything in this shitholes.

Do you live in an Estate, not as a tenant but a house owner?
Re: Estates Are Scam. by uboma(m): 2:01am On Aug 27, 2018
egbabiekperemo1:

No all estate coĺlect fees annually

Kindly list the one(s) that do not collect fees annually?
Re: Estates Are Scam. by chukxie(m): 4:35am On Aug 27, 2018
Dear Op:
Thanks for this very valuable information. And thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I've learnt some things.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by Mgbadike80: 6:38am On Aug 27, 2018
uboma:

Do you live in an Estate, not as a tenant but a house owner?

Federal housing estate. it's an entirely different experience from the scam called private estates. however, what I said above about a group of intending landlords raising money to buy directly from the villagers is becoming the norm here. most people are drawn to private estates due to the packaging but the truth is that those estates are just bushes bought from the villagers by the estate agents. groups of intending landlords can do the same.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by DaddyNimo(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mgbadike80:
Federal housing estate. it's an entirely different experience from the scam called private estates. however, what I said above about a group of intending landlords raising money to buy directly from the villagers is becoming the norm here. most people are drawn to private estates due to the packaging but the truth is that those estates are just bushes bought from the villagers by the estate agents. groups of intending landlords can do the same.
ofcoure I wasnt referring to federal estates like festac, GRAs, I'm talking about all these private estates stringing up on a daily basis with talks of "become a landlord with 5k a month" they are scams.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by Okoyebos: 1:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Mailthaddeus:
Bro, what u just said is nothing but the absolute truth. The is an estate( I won't wanna mention its name) I
am currently work at. After spending outrageously to buy the land, you still have to pay an annual developmental fee, survey fee, estate maintenance fee, security levy(200k annually) and still, u will be forced to build just a storey building and a pent floor only.

The estate provides water, security and electricity, but these comes at an exorbitant rate. Imagine paying 200k for water monthly, security 200k annually and electricity goes as high as 300k monthly. Even though they use a prepaid meter, but they, the rates are 1000times higher than PHCN rate.

Guess what! U can't just sell off ur property in peace, the estate must broker in the deal, while collecting huge amt of agency fee. Far more than what regular agents get. It's all land scam.

Adron Homes does this nonsense.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by tabithababy(f): 5:17am On Jan 06, 2019
cheesy

Na today cheesy
Re: Estates Are Scam. by ovenbake: 7:17am On Jan 06, 2019
Okoyebos:

Adron Homes does this nonsense.

Really? Thanks for the hint. Was on the verge of going to meet them for enquiries. Thanks bro
Re: Estates Are Scam. by Homeyfav: 9:46am On Jan 26, 2019
"{}[';
Re: Estates Are Scam. by MrKenny: 10:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
I and others are victims of land scam. We listened to a Yinka Ayefele programme (Opeyemi) in December 2021 during which he brought a land seller ( Mr Tosin Shittu of Design Bricks Homes and Property). The man promised instant allocation and some other benefits. He took us to a nice estate and we were attracted and paid for plot of land. After the payment, he refused to physically allocate the land. After six months of dribbling, we demanded for a refund. We reported him at Public Complaints Commission, he was summoned and asked to refund the money. Till this moment, the guy and his company has refused to refund the money. People should be wary of real estate agent/scammers on radio. Please advise us on what to do to get our money back. Thank you.
Re: Estates Are Scam. by Eyebeee: 8:06am On Sep 30, 2023
Hi everyone. Thanks for this interesting thread. Please, does anyone know about Boing Paragon Properties in Port Harcourt? Can someone experienced kindly enlighten me? I don't want to work like a horse all year long, lose my hard earned money and not get the land they promised. Because all I have read on this thread scares me. These Boing people promise payment in instalments (monthly).
Re: Estates Are Scam. by Abudu2000(m): 4:47am On Oct 03, 2023
Though the op has a point but a well planned estate has its merits over an individual planning both comfort and security wise. Estates are usually more secure and have better electricity than those scrubs built out of plan. People hate to follow the law and being told what to do but if we must be like the developed countries we visit then then proper planning and regulation is the only way. Home owners hate to even seek approval before building which you can’t do in an estate.

Contact me for your architectural and structural designs

(1) (Reply)

3 Bedroom Beautifully Built Bungalow For Sale In Ajegunle, Ikorodu Road, Lagos / Houses For Sale In Port Harcourt,Rivers State At Give Away Prices / Very Clean, Neat 3 Bed Room Apartment In Sanyo Area Of Ibadan, Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.