Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) (30345 Views)

At What Point Should A New Couple Get Worried Over Conception? / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by SirBigH: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
Not new. This practice is more than 10 years old in my community. It is a welcome development.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by ollah2: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
Abroad religion and culture can issue certificate but its a taboo to be issued by OUR culture. Ok o
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by jojomario(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
Money making channel.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by omooba969(m): 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Cool! If only courts and embassies would support this inniative by accepting it, this would go a long way

They won't recognise it coz you guys abuse the system with reckless abandon.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by omooba969(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
freedomchild:
Igbo institutions are really progressive in nature.

If I can be given a legally backed traditional wedding certificate duly accented by the families and elders, I'll be OK

government should recognise all traditional institutions' wedding certificates of all ethnic groups in this country.

Igboamaka

Only if... lol cheesy
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
This isn't a new thing, is it?

Traditional marriage certificate is issued to people who get married traditionally in isoko and urhobo tribes of delta state.

And for those of you saying government should recognize it, the Nigerian constitution recognize two type of marriages already

Customary : consisting of traditional, Islam and church marriage.

Statutory :registry marriage.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by alizma: 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
nice one, time to put an end to so called white wedding. after your traditional marriage, you can choose to go to church for Thanksgiving and blessings. it should be adopted all through the country and the law should recognize the certificate

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by oloriLFC(f): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
It's not new na. Yorubas do it
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by asamaigho(m): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
uscofield:
Not new. It's an old tradition in isoko, Delta state

i concur.....it has been long they started dis
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
It's a welcome development. After all, the wedding recorded in the Bible that Jesus turned water into wine was a traditional marriage.

Even if you present a bottle of Fanta to the woman's family and they gladly accept it and give you their daughter, you have officially married a wife .

Court and white wedding na oyibo scam.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by ChiefEmeka003(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
I suggest the traditional marriage certificate comes with expiring date...[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Meritocracy: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Does marriage certificate bind marriage together for life? People are after marriage certificate but cannot leave together as a couple nowadays. I believe what is written there matter since marriage certificate everywhere is paper. Try manage your home and don't allow certificate manage it for you.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmm,u!
omooba969:

Why are you surprised, different sturvz happen everywhere na. smiley

Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by bizzibodi(m): 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
I hope d igbos will not be charging #1m for marriage certificate.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by omooba969(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
Simplep:
Hmmm,u!

How u doing? smiley
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
wink
OneCorner:
Look at dat woman Cleavage shocked
Yummy... nice for titty-fvck
grin
OneCorner:
Look at dat woman Cleavage shocked
Yummy... nice for titty-fvck
wild PIG
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
freedomchild:
hahahaha...

traditional institutions are now upgrading their scheme.

But honestly, our traditions need to be legally recognized unlike those scam(white and court weddings) oyibo brought to us

To me traditional wedding is the real deal

Traditional marriage in Nigeria is actually recognized by the law, issues concerning it are discussed in customary courts.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Angy55(f): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
It's not new OP
Marry a lady from my place, you would be given a marriage certificate by the King. That validates the marriage. If you like do church wedding or registry that's your choice.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Angy55(f): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
Elder001:
This isn't a new thing, is it?

Traditional marriage certificate is issued to people who get married traditionally in isoko and urhobo tribes of delta state.

And for those of you saying government should recognize it, the Nigerian constitution recognize two type of marriages already

Customary : consisting of traditional, Islam and church marriage.

Statutory :registry marriage.

You are very correct.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Angy55(f): 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
Zionista:
It's a welcome development. After all, the wedding recorded in the Bible that Jesus turned water into wine was a traditional marriage.

Even if you present a bottle of Fanta to the woman's family and they gladly accept it and give you their daughter, you have officially married a wife .

Court and white wedding na oyibo scam.

It has been in existence in my place many years ago before I was born. Reason I don't really fancy church and registry wedding. Both couples want divorce? Take it the king's court.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by positivethought: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
Praizeupdates:
Wonders shall never end...They've started issuing traditional marriage certificates in Nigeria.

So Traditional marriage certificate was issued to this beautiful couple. Do you welcome this development?

Source >>> http://www.praizenews.com/wat-traditional-marriage-certificate-issued-new-couple-photo/

yes it's a welcome development as this will help to checkmate overbearing in-laws n also unnecessary divorces.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by uscofield: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
are you isoko bro?

No, I have witnessed it.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by bluecircle470: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2018
freedomchild:
hahahaha...

traditional institutions are now upgrading their scheme.

But honestly, our traditions need to be legally recognized unlike those scam(white and court weddings) oyibo brought to us

To me traditional wedding is the real deal

Una don start. South east go take that make money again
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by naijajobx: 1:25am On Aug 27, 2018
hmm
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Duru1(m): 4:14am On Aug 27, 2018
Certificate and traditional marriage is a pure idiocy. This is like the so-called chieftaincy title in traditional setup.
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Mikeparlo12(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Cool! If only courts and embassies would support this inniative by accepting it, this would go a long way

It is accepted when you are filling United States Ds160 form
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by Kendrick419(m): 7:54am On Aug 27, 2018
certificate .....for what na ......for owner ship .........abi .....na him certificate to carry own the fucking ?
Re: Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) by jennybarbie(f): 10:27am On Aug 27, 2018
Yh...I was also given a traditional marriage certificate in my home town just this month

(1) (2) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Based Couple And Their Quadruplets (Photos) / I Was Named In A Will: So What Next? / 10 Things Never To Say To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.