Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,610 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons (430 Views)

God Exists- This Is Why Atheists Keep Attacking & Going Against Christians. / 3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / Pastor Arrested While Preaching In LGBT Community: Canada Is Against Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by alBHAGDADI: 7:18am On Aug 26, 2018
Since the Fulani herdsmen killings have been ravaging mostly Christian dominated areas in Nigeria, many have called on Christians to take up arms against this genocide. While people see this as a reasonable thing to do since people aren't getting protection from government, a huge amount of Christians believe it is against Christian principles for them to carry weapons in self-defense. Some claim that Jesus Christ won't advise such. I use to be on that side too, until recently.

In America today, there's a huge fight to see that every citizen loses his gun. They say it will help keep the country safe. Some Christians are beginning to fall for this sentiment especially when a lunatic shoots up a school. But does Jesus want his disciples not to carry weapons? Let's see below.

Luke 22:35-38 King James Version (KJV)

35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

If Jesus doesn't want us to have weapons to protect ourselves, he won't have endorsed the disciples when they showed him two swords.

You see, before the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, he sent his disciples out to go win souls. When he did, he told them not to take anything along. But shortly before he was captured and killed, he told them to do the opposite of what he first told them. Now, they are to go with all those things he told them not to go out with. He now included a sword.

Most people might try to say the sword spoken of is the word of God or Bible. But how come he didn't correct his disciples when they showed him two swords? That's because that's the kind of sword he was talking about. And that's why he said it was enough for them.

Now, this doesn't mean Christians are to form militant groups or so-called vigilante groups all in the name of protecting themselves. Such groups often get hijacked and become worse than what they claim to be fighting against.

The weapon you need is no other than a short gun, a riffle, a sword or a club which you can keep under your bed. If need be, have it licensed so you can walk around with it. If you say you can't keep a weapon, how do you protect yourself from thieves and evil people who might break into your house at night?

You eat food so as to protect yourself from dying, not to wickedly kill anyone. You use a phone so as to stay connected to latest information to keep you alive, not to kill wickedly kill anyone. Likewise having a weapon.

Don't let them take your gun from you or else you will be left stranded during the great tribulation when evil will be unleashed at its worse. Unless you are one of those who have been deceived into thinking a rapture will snatch you away from experiencing the tribulation. (please read on the falsehoof of pre-trib and mid-trib rapture)

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by Baawaa(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2018
The weapon you need is no other than a short gun, a riffle, a sword or a club which you can keep under your bed. If need be, have it licensed so you can walk around with it. If you say you can't keep a weapon, how do you protect yourself from thieves and evil people who might break into your house at night?
Our weapons are not canal, Almighty God is more than sufficient

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by chiommy123(f): 7:28am On Aug 26, 2018
Then go ahead and own one just make sure you license it to avoid disturbing us.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by Donald95(m): 7:33am On Aug 26, 2018
Baawaa:

Without foot soldiers or Volunteers, God can't jump down from Heaven and protect his people...

The earlier we pray and resist those Terrorists, the better for us
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by Shelumiel: 7:44am On Aug 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Since the Fulani herdsmen killings have been ravaging mostly Christian dominated areas in Nigeria, many have called on Christians to take up arms against this genocide. While people see this as a reasonable thing to do since people aren't getting protection from government, a huge amount of Christians believe it is against Christian principles for them to carry weapons in self-defense. Some claim that Jesus Christ won't advise such. I use to be on that side too, until recently.

In America today, there's a huge fight to see that every citizen loses his gun. They say it will help keep the country safe. Some Christians are beginning to fall for this sentiment especially when a lunatic shoots up a school. But does Jesus want his disciples not to carry weapons? Let's see below.

Luke 22:35-38 King James Version (KJV)

35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

If Jesus doesn't want us to have weapons to protect ourselves, he won't have endorsed the disciples when they showed him two swords.

You see, before the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, he sent his disciples out to go win souls. When he did, he told them not to take anything along. But shortly before he was captured and killed, he told them to do the opposite of what he first told them. Now, they are to go with all those things he told them not to go out with. He now included a sword.

Most people might try to say the sword spoken of is the word of God or Bible. But how come he didn't correct his disciples when they showed him two swords? That's because that's the kind of sword he was talking about. And that's why he said it was enough for them.

Now, this doesn't mean Christians are to form militant groups or so-called vigilante groups all in the name of protecting themselves. Such groups often get hijacked and become worse than what they claim to be fighting against.

You eat food so as to protect yourself from dying, not to wickedly kill anyone. You use a phone so as to stay connected to latest information to keep you alive, not to kill wickedly kill anyone. Likewise having a weapon.

Don't let them take your gun from you or else you will be left stranded during the great tribulation when evil will be unleashed at its worse. Unless you are one of those who have been deceived into thinking a rapture will snatch you away from experiencing the tribulation. (please read on the falsehoof of pre-trib and mid-trib rapture)

I agree with you 100% . There is nothing wrong in bearing arms to defend yourself, after all , most of the General Overseers in Nigeria have legions of bodyguards who are armed and ready to shoot .

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by Shelumiel: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2018
Baawaa:

If king David had said that while confronting Goliath he wouldn't have written the Psalms or given birth to Solomon who happened to be the great ,great,great grandfather of Jesus Christ your Savior

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by donbachi(m): 8:05am On Aug 26, 2018
when jesus was apprehended by the centurions.peter brought out a knife and cut off the ear of one of them...jesus did not tell him to throw it away...rather,he asked peter to put it back.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by alBHAGDADI: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2018
Baawaa:

Then why did he condone owning a weapon?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by tartar9(m): 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Having weapons is not the problem,your cowardice is what needs work
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by xproducer: 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
While one can understand the innate human impulse for self defense, I have found from experience (armed robbery facing AKs, etc), that trust in one's weapon(s), or one's skill, or any other thing, to overcome, is a bad idea. It is better to trust in the LORD GOD.

One cannot help but think of the accounts of Daniel in the lions den (Daniel 6), or the Lord Jesus saving Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from the fiery furnace (Daniel 3), etc, etc...

Even king David, a warrior, testified - "For I will not trust in my bow, Nor shall my sword save me." - Psalm 44:6

-----

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" - Romans 8:31

Peace and blessings!
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by enilove(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Op, I am confused . Kindly explain in the light of these scriptures :

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 KJV
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink
[5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by alBHAGDADI: 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
enilove:
Op, I am confused . Kindly explain in the light of these scriptures :

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 KJV
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink
[5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

We don't keep weapons because we want to go and fight a war. We keep weapons to protect ourselves from thieves, harassment etc.

The weapon could be a club, gun or a knife. If those things are not for Christians, then Jesus won't have approved it when his disciples showed him two swords
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by enilove(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
We don't keep weapons because we want to go and fight a war. We keep weapons to protect ourselves from thieves, harassment etc.

The weapon could be a club, gun or a knife. If those things are not for Christians, then Jesus won't have approved it when his disciples showed him two swords

Thanks .

Pls , kindly explain this too. Is like God does not want us to defend ourselves , according to the Scriptures below :

Matthew 5:38-39 KJV
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Not Against Christians Carrying Weapons by alBHAGDADI: 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2018
enilove:

Thanks .

Pls , kindly explain this too. Is like God does not want us to defend ourselves , according to the Scriptures below :

Matthew 5:38-39 KJV
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

God is not saying we should be stupid.

What will you do when a thief jumps into your house to kill your wife and kids?

You are going to turn the other cheek?

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Why Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Ex-wife, Anita, Was Absent At Daughter’s / What Is Your View About This / Pastor Gets Drowned In A Flood While Trying To Protect Church Offerings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.