Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? (13191 Views)

Why Is Peter Obi Not Talking About Restructuring. / Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / Atiku Not Sincere About Restructuring, Job Creation — Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Okoroawusa: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
BlueScholar:

I really want to know more about Nigeria before the amalgamation as I mostly state mute when it comes to topics like this as I don't have much knowledge on it. Any book recommendation will be appreciated. Thanks
Sir George Goldie and the Making of
Nigeria
By John E. Flint; Gerald S. Graham
Oxford University Press, 1960

The History of Nigeria
By Toyin Falola
Greenwood Press, 1999

On The Nigeria Civil War

There Was A Country by China Achebe(To understand the war from an Igbo perspective)

SunSet In Biafra by Elechi Amadi(To understand the war from the Riverine people perspective)

The Biafra Story by Frederick Forsythe

Culture and Customs of Nigeria
By Toyin Falola
Greenwood Press, 2001( an indepth of what Nigeria's tribes had before the White Man's "civilization"wink

A wise man known as Mahatma Gandhi once said,"When you stop reading, you start during"

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by BlueScholar(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Sir George Goldie and the Making of
Nigeria
By John E. Flint; Gerald S. Graham
Oxford University Press, 1960

The History of Nigeria
By Toyin Falola
Greenwood Press, 1999

On The Nigeria Civil War

There Was A Country by China Achebe(To understand the war from an Igbo perspective)

SunSet In Biafra by Elechi Amadi(To understand the war from the Riverine people perspective)

The Biafra Story by Frederick Forsythe

Culture and Customs of Nigeria
By Toyin Falola
Greenwood Press, 2001( an indepth of what Nigeria's tribes had before the White Man's "civilization"wink

A wise man known as Mahatma Gandhi once said,"When you stop reading, you start during"

Thank you very much Sir, I appreciate
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Okoroawusa: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
BlueScholar:

Thank you very much Sir, I appreciate
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by joe120120(m): 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:

am talking of immediate calamity, and feasibility of a project like restructuring, you're talking about solid mineral deposit that its value, quantity and market for it hasn't been established. do you know the British had to give concession for northern Nigeria to royal trading company because it was an unsuccessful colony, even after that they had to merge north with south for its survival. truth be told without sugarcoating it as it stands today, many can't survive without oil

And when oil finish? what will they do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
joe120120:

And when oil finish? what will they do?

oil can't finish, and am not against restructuring or ending our dependent on oil, I am merely specifying angles of resource control have never heard anyone talk about
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Babysho:

I agree with you that as it stands today, many wouldn't survive without oil BUT the issue of making Nigeria a successful nation is one where you either fight it head on or go home. If we continue this way, it can not end well now that there's possibility of our oil running dry.

Restructure now!

restructuring is inevitable, just that it wouldn't take the holistic form people are imagining. each components would be discussed. like resource control, state police, regional vs state government, national asset sharing. and more
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Inna restructure whereby each state with carte for itself, Funds shared by FG won't be stopped immediately. It will be gradually reduced for many years while each state develops new sources of income thorough exploration, mining, agriculture, Etc. It could take 3 - 5 years or more for each region to stand on its own n then stop collecting allocation from FG.

this is my thought, and all offshore oil blocs remains property of the FG, but the exclusive list would be reduced
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
Edoloaded:
I'm just surprised, because we are supposed to put pressure on our leaders to adopt restructuring as the only solution in this country, because whatever they are doing right now won't work I tell you. It's like running round the same circle, Give States Back Their Power

It was a gimmick and an instrument of blackmail that has outlived its usefulness; aimed at inciting one region against another by southern politicians who lost out in the last general elections - much in the same way as the false narrative that Boko Haram and latterly herdsmen are targeting only Christians is losing its propaganda value.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Baltazarcus(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
deleo16:
God bless your generation for this comment it was when I read this books me that I am always sentimental about tribe,party It was just like my zombie dispair all the leaders in this country APC and PDP are useless including my region the leaders are useless

Pls where can I download the books or buy it
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
edupedia:

....take more codeine when the effect of the one u took is over....

I actually feel sorry for you. I have been learning alot from the arguments back and forth, and your only submission is about codeine, kpele my brother it is well
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2018
bestpunterever:
wait first let the power go to the state and you will see how each state will buckle up.

Naso, give elrufai, rochas, fayose and ajimobi in fact give them there own SARS
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:

this is my thought, and all offshore oil blocs remains property of the FG, but the exclusive list would be reduced

In a regional government, the FG owns nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by bewla(m): 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
Lomprico2:

Do u know the quantity of mineral deposits in d north??
If restructuring is done it will benefit all region in d long run.

These your excuse are a lazy man's/corrupt politicians own.
u try no mind them by the time car use water or electric and solar them go cry tayer divert now u no gry
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by yinnyme(m): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Edoloaded:
I'm just surprised, because we are supposed to put pressure on our leaders to adopt restructuring as the only solution in this country, because whatever they are doing right now won't work I tell you. It's like running round the same circle, Give States Back Their Power

You really want to know why?

OK here is your answer, if you play that music called restructuring you will loose the northern votes because your opponent will remix the song in such a way that you will be saying ori Iya mio, walahi that's not what I meant.

For now we have told our DJ not to touch the CD (Restructure)
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by bestpunterever: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:

Naso, give elrufai, rochas, fayose and ajimobi intact give them there own SARS
na so give them.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Shukazu: 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
edupedia:

....is dumbness responsible for making your inaccurate statement?....

No. Myopia responsible for your shallow Brain
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Dreadful: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
Anyday Nnamdi Kanu resurfaces everybody will begin to sing the songs of restructuring. Shithole country!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by PDJT: 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
-Nigerians will forever suffer. The amount of innocent blood your country has wasted shall continue to seek revenge and vengeance. Nothing shall work for you all! Your evil leaders shall continue to pollute and defile your lands, bringing you unimaginable evil and misery, for you all, your children and unborn generations until the atonement of the innocent souls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by poseidon12: 12:16am On Aug 27, 2018
Edoloaded:

Exactly. Without restructuring, we are just wasting our time. We should only vote a candidate that is committed to restructuring.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by poseidon12: 12:23am On Aug 27, 2018
iammo:
the reasons the elites would not try talk about it, is because of resource control, every other issue like state police is possible. In southwest ; only Lagos and Ogun are economically viable, in south south; only Edo, Delta and Rivers, in North Central Only kwara, Non in North west,North East and South East. according to Economic development Magzine.
this simply means the day you stop giving out federal allocation from crude oil sales to these states, the system automatically collapse, teachers won't get paid and public schools would close down, similarly doctors, judicial staffs, prison workers, and all state and local government staffs. the royal fathers and kings also survive on the share of the local government allocation from abuja. without allocation how will osun and ekiti pay its external debt, not to talk of paying salary or maintaining infrastructure. I wonder were some region would get forex from to take to China, if the major forex earner is oil, Venezuela's case would be better than some region, while some region would instantly become new Dubai of africa.

You don't know what you are talking about. Most of the States you mentioned as being economically not viable, have mineral resources they will take control of, if we restructure. And the restructuring will allow States to merge.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by poseidon12: 12:24am On Aug 27, 2018
Lomprico2:

Do u know the quantity of mineral deposits in d north??
If restructuring is done it will benefit all region in d long run.

These your excuse are a lazy man's/corrupt politicians own.

Don't mind him. He does not know what he is talking about.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 12:25am On Aug 27, 2018
poseidon12:

You don't know what you are talking about. Most of the States you mentioned as being economically not viable, have mineral resources they will take control of, if we restructure. And the restructuring will allow States to merge.

Purpose of my writeup is to make it very clear that restructuring can't happen over night and clear the elites would kick against it
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by poseidon12: 12:32am On Aug 27, 2018
Herdsmen:
Why is the Southwest suddenly gone mute on regionalisms and Tru federalism..

Now if you shout restructuring..na Dem go first fight you..abuse you..with heavy insults before the north will come down with pythons and Crocs..

Maybe after 2019.. when the dullard don retire..
They will resume..

For now..all this na stories..

Shout restructuring and be an enemy of the state.

They are contented with Vice Presidency. They will resume agitation for restructuring if Buhari wins second term and shoves Tinubu aside as expected. And if the Fulani start to carry out their threat to take over Nigeria (with violence).

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by poseidon12: 12:35am On Aug 27, 2018
Efewestern:

I quite disagree with the report on south East, Anambra and Aba are economically viable, unless there is another definition of "economically viable", truth is, restructuring won't solve 100% of our problems, our major undoing as a country is corruption, too many clueless leaders at the helm of power, how do you expect such nation to grow?

Restructuring will actually reduce corruption. Over centralization is what is driving corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by poseidon12: 12:39am On Aug 27, 2018
justtoodark:

restructure but corruption is still their....our mindset need to change....restructure will not help anything...may even make the situation more worser sef....

I guess you don't understand what restructuring means.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by poseidon12: 12:50am On Aug 27, 2018
justtoodark:

nobody is stopping any state from doing anything....

you think nigeria own bad....go western countries and see....you can not even mess sef without permition from the goverment....

Go read your constitution. There you have Exclusive list and Concurrent list. Anything under the Exclusive list, the States are prohibited from touching.
That is why States are not allowed to have Police. They are also not allowed to exploit their own mineral resources. They cannot generate, transmit and distribute electrical energy of more than 2 Megawatts.
Nigeria cannot function without restructuring.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:30am On Aug 27, 2018
iammo:
the reasons the elites would not try talk about it, is because of resource control, every other issue like state police is possible. In southwest ; only Lagos and Ogun are economically viable, in south south; only Edo, Delta and Rivers, in North Central Only kwara, Non in North west,North East and South East. according to Economic development Magzine.
this simply means the day you stop giving out federal allocation from crude oil sales to these states, the system automatically collapse, teachers won't get paid and public schools would close down, similarly doctors, judicial staffs, prison workers, and all state and local government staffs. the royal fathers and kings also survive on the share of the local government allocation from abuja. without allocation how will osun and ekiti pay its external debt, not to talk of paying salary or maintaining infrastructure. I wonder were some region would get forex from to take to China, if the major forex earner is oil, Venezuela's case would be better than some region, while some region would instantly become new Dubai of africa.

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 1:38am On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 1:40am On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 1:40am On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 1:42am On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by chineduemmao: 2:10am On Aug 27, 2018
justtoodark:

restructure but corruption is still their....our mindset need to change....restructure will not help anything...may even make the situation more worser sef....
RESTRUCTURING CAN ELIMINATE CORRUPT PRACTICES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N3b ‘fraud’: EFCC Quizzes Head Of Service Oyo-ita / British Arms Dealer Arrested For Selling Thousands Of Ak47s To Nigeria / APC Governors Write Buhari Over ‘Lopsided’ Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.