Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? (13186 Views)

Why Is Peter Obi Not Talking About Restructuring. / Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / Atiku Not Sincere About Restructuring, Job Creation — Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by kaywhy09(m): 2:12am On Aug 27, 2018
It appears there's nothing to restructure embarassed
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 2:13am On Aug 27, 2018
poseidon12:

I guess you don't understand what restructuring means.

una never bothered to explain....
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Duru1(m): 4:30am On Aug 27, 2018
bosco2017:
because Nnandi kanu has been silenced

You could not be more correct.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Duru1(m): 4:36am On Aug 27, 2018
iammo:
the reasons the elites would not try talk about it, is because of resource control, every other issue like state police is possible. In southwest ; only Lagos and Ogun are economically viable, in south south; only Edo, Delta and Rivers, in North Central Only kwara, Non in North west,North East and South East. according to Economic development Magzine.
this simply means the day you stop giving out federal allocation from crude oil sales to these states, the system automatically collapse, teachers won't get paid and public schools would close down, similarly doctors, judicial staffs, prison workers, and all state and local government staffs. the royal fathers and kings also survive on the share of the local government allocation from abuja. without allocation how will osun and ekiti pay its external debt, not to talk of paying salary or maintaining infrastructure. I wonder were some region would get forex from to take to China, if the major forex earner is oil, Venezuela's case would be better than some region, while some region would instantly become new Dubai of africa.

You are one of the reasons Africa is a backwater. Economic development magazine is an idiotic piece. If this hopeless magazine was in circulation when most African nations achieved independence, it would have protested against them on the ground they were economically viable. The test of the pudding is in the eating. I really do not want the silly restructure but disintegration.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by bixton(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2018
A lot of people read but can't decipher because they can't think for themselves.
Some read but can't tell when the author is filling history with sentiments and half truths.

For those who chant "restructuring" what exactly does the promoters of this new found love word mean and where is the acclaimed template to use?
How entirely is it different from those who shouted resource control?

Nigeria have practiced regional system; how well did we fare?
Now our half styled federal system; where is it taking us to?

In a country where a politician at the federal level leaves a party for another and majority of the elected officials at the state and local government level follows the same line, then you should know that this country is not yet ripe for state police whatsoever.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2018
Restructuring will actually curb the roots of corruption in the system which are access to free money, disinterest of the citizens about governance, low or no expectations from the states and centralization of power at the centre. The biggest opposition to restructuring is from the north due to the level of poverty and illiteracy. They know restructuring means striping them naked and taking the begging plates of their hands. The south needs to wake up and take charge as it should be for the country to progress. Tinubu is a selfish hypocrite. Even if buhari sleeps with his wife and farts in his mouth, he'll still smile all because of his delusion about 2023. He's forgotten the north did Awolowo in, then MKO. I'm guessing he's next in line in the list of Yoruba heartbreaks
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by valarinz: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2018
iammo:

I am a Yoruba man and an omoluabi, and never will I listen to such personality like KANU, whose tactics is mainly spiteful. if you've truly read about Nigeria and its 45 years conquest by British, and subsequent years to pre independence you would know what am talking about. the main export commodity from Nigeria was Coal, other commodity like groundnut, kola and cocoa was by the way. and as a matter of fact the first set of railtracks and other infrastructure was as a result of Coal mining

So, is this why you'll come to a public forum like NL and embarrass your education by saying that no state in the south east is economically viable?
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2018
valarinz:

So, is this why you'll come to a public forum like NL and embarrass your education by saying that no state in the south east is economically viable?
I didn't make the statement, I merely stated what an economic magazine stated, everything isn't always targeted at Igbo's, stop been ridiculous by picking up some points to twist out a tribalistic views to the narrative. if you found my assertion false, state another publication with facts
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2018
valarinz:

. in my other argument, that I presented a case for Coal been source of income as against groundnut pyramid in the colonial days you don't find that offensive, since coal is found in southeast. may God save you overly sensitive and tribalistic people
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by valarinz: 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
iammo:
. in my other argument, that I presented a case for Coal been source of income as against groundnut pyramid in the colonial days you don't find that offensive, since coal is found in southeast. may God save you overly sensitive and tribalistic people

More hate and tribalism on your soul, backed up with plenty grammar to mask the bigotry.

Get a life sir, bye.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by FulaniJihadist: 5:45am On Aug 31, 2018
Okoroawusa:

stop talking trash. Oil was a later discovery. The British survived on the resources from the North for decades. They simply added the South in 1914 so as to have access to the sea for exportation.

Read history you no go read.Na the one Nnamdi Kanu tell u,u go believe.
FYI,am Igbo.

YOU'RE A ZOMBIE, WHO ASK IF YOU'RE IGBO?
IF YOU BE IGBO WETING COME HAPPEN, IS OKOROCHA NOT IGBO?

GO READ YOUR HISTORY, STUPID FULANI slowpoke,

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by FulaniJihadist: 5:54am On Aug 31, 2018
Efewestern:

Truth is, even if you restructure the country, with useless leaders at the helm of affairs, there won't be any development, take a look at Bayelsa, even with her huge allocation, nothing to show for it, their leaders keep looting their common wealth.

Corruption is the root cause of our problems, We have no working refineries today because the power that be won't let anything function reason being that they rake in millions from fuel importation and Subsidy.

We flare enough gas in Nigeria to power 4 gas turbines, thereby solving our power problems, but every administration seems clueless about the issue on ground, worst is the billions being budgeted for this same issue every year, nobody is sincere, they just want to loot till we have nothing.

I can go on and on, if you look at most of our major problems, it all boils down to one major thing, corruption, if you restructure the country without looking at how to curb corruption, then there won't be any difference, just that some leaders and governors will have more to loot.

Simply put, the leaders of this country are evil, the people are worst, we aid criminals.

ZOMBIE, BAYELSA IS GETTING BETTER, HOW HAS DELTA STATE WITH HUGE ALLOCATION BETTER THAN BAYELSA, WHY NOT USE DELTA STATE AS AN EXAMPLE BECAUSE DELTA STATE IS THE MOST CORRUPT STATE IN THE SOUTH SOUTH

WHAT HAS IFEANYI OKOWA DONE FOR YOUR STATE?

MY GOVERNOR IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by deleo16(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2018
Baltazarcus:

Pls where can I download the books or buy it
download Any book app from play store and download the ebook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igp Idris Meets Police Officers Ahead Of Osun Governorship Election(photos) / How did Tb Joshua fake this miracle PICTURES / Abike Dabiri Condemns Destruction Of Vehicles At The Nigerian Embassy In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.