Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Nobody Is Allowed To Own A Property For Life Because After 100 Years- Lasisi Ele - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nobody Is Allowed To Own A Property For Life Because After 100 Years- Lasisi Ele (440 Views)

Peter Okoye: No One Is Allowed To Visit My House Or Office Without A PVC / Lasisi Elenu Unveils His Real Face (Photo) / Lasisi Elenu Real Face Exposed! See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nobody Is Allowed To Own A Property For Life Because After 100 Years- Lasisi Ele by InforOrbit: 10:14am On Aug 26, 2018
Nobody is allowed to own a property for life because, after 100 years, the government would take it from you- Lasisi Elenu

Popular comedian, Lasisi Elenu, speaks to JOY MARCUS about his unforgettable trip to the United Arab Emirates

How often do you travel?

I like travelling but I never get to travel frequently because I tend to procrastinate a lot.

Where did you visit recently?

I visited UAE, a country in the Middle East in February this year.

What are some of the things you can remember about UAE?

I can remember everything because it was memorable. The country is quite unique because there are skyscrapers everywhere. Seeing the number of skyscrapers is everything because the beauty of a place is just what makes the country unique. I also learnt a few things about the country. I went to Abu Dhabi and Deira but and I spent a lot of time in Dubai. The tour guide took us around and told us historic things about the country and how it came about its wealth.

I got to know that tourism is one of the biggest sources of income in Dubai while in Abu Dhabi, it is crude oil. There was a beach we went to that we were told is artificial because it was once a deserted island.   It was exciting for me to see so many beautiful things in the UAE. I was shocked to see a barber’s in a skyscraper because, in Nigeria, they are usually located on the ground floor. They also have very strict rules in the country like you should not litter the road and visitors cannot become citizens of the country. Also, nobody is allowed to own a property for life because, after 100 years, the government would take it from you; foreigners cannot live in the country if they are above 65 years old. Education is free at all levels except for foreigners.

Would you like to go back there?

Yes. With all the beautiful memories and fun that I had, who wouldn’t want to go back? What really impressed me about the country is that it took just a few years to become what it is now.

Did you enjoy their food?

For the first few days, I suffered because I had not discovered where African food was being sold. I tried some of their food but I didn’t like them because I am very selective when it comes to food. Even with our Nigerian foods, I just have a few favourite dishes so imagine me having to eat their food. It was a terrible experience. Some of their food smells funny and I don’t know what they put in it. A friend of mine who had visited the country before then told me where I could get African food.

Did you visit any interesting place while on your trip?
Story continues in the Link below
https://www.informationorbit.com/nobody-is-allowed-to-own-a-property-for-life-because-after-100-years-the-government-would-take-it-from-you-lasisi-elenu/

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Pens Down Touching Message As She Celebrates Her Wedding Anniversa / "I'M Glad I'M Not Gay!" — Bobrisky Cries Out / FULL SEDUCTION Part 1 - S3X Juliet Ibrahim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.