Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 (44117 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: I Am Proud Of Getting Zero Votes At The APC Primaries / Pastor Tunde Bakare: I Will Become President Like Joe Biden In 2023 / Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by dre11(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
MICHAEL AKINOLA

The firebrand preacher and founder of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has disclosed that he gave a whopping N160 million to the present Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai during his campaign to become the Chief Executive of the North Western State in 2015.

Speaking last weekend in Glasgow, Scotland as guest speaker at an evening with Association of Nigerians in Scotland, Bakare said that he gave the huge sum to the governor as a loan to help him as a friend during his push for the seat and the governor has since paid back.

“The current governor of Kaduna State once stayed in my house and we discussed many political and personal issues. I wrote the foreword of his published book with the little information I knew about him then.

I invited him from Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to join Congress For Progressive Change, CPC. When he was contesting for the governorship of Kaduna State, I contributed N160million for his electioneering campaign and he later paid me back,” Bakare told the audience.

The popular clergy also revealed that asides paying back the loan, the Governor offered to make his (Bakare) son the MD/CEO of one of his companies, but he rejected the offer for some undisclosed reasons.

Bakare also spoke extensively on the theme of the event: “A New Nigeria Re-engineered, The Role Of The Diaspora” where he carefully analysed how some former African dictators plundered the resources of their respective countries while poverty ravaged the continent.

When challenged by one of the guests in the audience on his silence and non-criticism of Buhari’s government over the recent happenings in the country including allegations of sleaze among some government officials, the lawyer and Convener of Save Nigeria Group, said he does not believe in playing to the gallery.

“The Buhari I know will not steal money. Buhari is my friend but I am not afraid to tell him the truth. You don’t stab your friend in a public place. I know ways to reach out directly to Mr. President.

If you notice, I did not really start to criticise Buhari until January this year. I once told him that you cannot consider yourself as clean if you surround yourself with many unclean people,” Bakare said.

He however said that with the present system in Nigeria, Buhari must be ‘repackaged’ and he must sack some bad eggs in his government to win hearts of Nigerians for 2019 election.

The famous pastor disclosed that he will give Buhari up till September ending to repackage himself and by October 7, he will tell the nation of his political move to salvage Nigeria.

Bakare then passionately advised Nigerians in the Diaspora to always think of how to contribute to the development of their country and not get involved in illegal things that can lead to their imprisonments and taint their reputation with criminal records.

“No matter the level of your positions or achievements in the United Kingdom, USA or any parts of Europe, you will still be treated like second-class citizens because of the colour of your skins.

“I also have a British passport because my wife was born in England. We have our own personal house in London and America.

But I always love to live in Nigeria, to rebuild the country. When I briefly lived in London in 1994, I did not stay in a rented apartment.

When people say we need a modern Nigeria, I always disagree because what we need is a new Nigeria because during my time in school, only people who could not afford to attend grammar schools always went to modern schools.”

At the end of the event, Bakare was presented with an award and decorated with the Fellowship of African Centre for Research, Policy and Development in conjunction with the University of West of Scotland, Paisley.

http://pmexpressng.com/gave-nasir-el-rufai-n160m-during-election-tunde-bakare/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hope you are happy with the treatment he has been giving to southern Kaduna people who are mostly Christians? God will judge all of you at the right time. I know there is something that we are doing that has made it look like God has abandoned His people in this Nation. What have you done to ensure the release of Leah Shuiabu? All your evil prophesies against PDP was APC motivated. We have always known. But from where did you get N160m?

217 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
The popular clergy also revealed that asides paying back the loan, grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Firefire(m): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
Interesting story...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by officialfestus(m): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
man of God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by matrix199(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
And where did a pastor like Bakare get N160million from?

Tithe payers' money I guess.

obailala:
Bakare isnt your usual pentecostal tithe swallowing merchant. From the little I know of him, he's always been a very rich man who at some point in the 80s/90s even had a cargo airline; and that was before he became a pastor.

You don't have to defend him. I know much about Bakare, and used to respect him. But he lost my respect when he ventured into politics and became too desperate to hold a public office(for a man of God).

N160m is a lot of money. For a man to give out N160m, he definitely must have at least 6times more than that.
Bakare owns no cargo airline. He studied law in University of Lagos. He was a practising lawyer, and later established his own chamber(Tunde Bakare & Co). At the peak of his legal career, he was called into the ministry.

Like I asked earlier, where did a pastor like Bakare get N160m from?

Tithe payers' money, I tell you.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Racoon(m): 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Really

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by hisexcellency34: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
How much did he pay back, god of man?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by TheAngry1: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
ok
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Ebimor96: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmmm....BUHARI'S Deputy On Corruption.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Ebimor96: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corruption Galore

8 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by BruncleZuma: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
This kind lasso of truth wen don dey touch people upandan so...quick question; Pastor, where you dey work?

[img]https://media1./images/046c5cfdfb264975a4ed2bb10f71d778/tenor.gif[/img]

22 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Onechancearmy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

Poor Pastor Bakare. Doesn't he know that MUDSLIMES are the biggest ingrates alive? No matter how much charity we Christians give to them, they always end up stabbing us in the back.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Ebimor96: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
Corruption Galore

Anyone

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by kolafolabi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
So how much did he give Bubu in 2015? Daddy Freeze must hear this.

33 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by anujomi2018: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Tithes payer money down the drain

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ok
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by jaxxy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Tunde bakare is a big disappointment in sm of his political choices and actions/inactions. Also Buhari can’t sack any bad eggs in his govt because he’s too old and the cabal won’t let him.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by nwakibie3(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
Is hellrufai salary as a state governor for eight years up to 160m naira

Where did he get the money to pay back

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Philinho(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Jesu...MOG kilode? Wait as daddy freeze check his books

8 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by mitchelljnr(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
kaorama:
Hope you are happy with the treatment he has been giving to southern Kaduna people who are mostly Christians? God will judge all of you at the right time. I know there is something that we are doing that has made it look like God has abandoned His people in this Nation. What have you done to ensure the release of Leah Shuiabu? All your evil prophesies against PDP was APC motivated. We have always known. But from where did you get N160m?

Well said

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by osazeeblue01: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Okooooo
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by DONADAMS(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
is it pastor tunde bakare or another tunder bakare? and where did he get the money? and is elrufai his church member? and how many scholarships does the tunde bakare fund? or are there no poor people in his church? instead giving such bogus funds to a politician...this country taya me

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by davodyguy: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
N160 million.
A Nigerian pastor?
Oga ooo

18 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Allenken225588: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Chaiiiiiiiii!! El-Rufai one big autocratic fellow

e no Rob me sha, in Kd slayin nd making ma money
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by IMASTEX: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
Well done Sir. Many of those that contributed the fund are starving while waiting for a miracle.

32 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by chrisbaxtian(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
matrix199:
And where did a pastor like Bakare get N160million from?

your guess is as good as mine grin

19 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by talktrue1(m): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
He used church money to sponsor a politician

27 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by Lizilicious(f): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hmm
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Gave El-Rufai N160M To Contest For Kaduna Governor In 2015 by davodyguy: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
nwakibie3:
Is hellrufai salary as a state governor for eight years up to 160m naira

Where did he get the money to pay back

Security Vote per month is as high as N20million. This excludes other benefits he's entitled to

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / IGP Egbetokun Takes Security To Church (Photo) / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.