Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Churches Of Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Of Today (253 Views)

How True Is This HAPPENING In Churches Of Nowadays? / The Mistakes Of The Churches Of Thyatira And Pergamum / The 11 Monolithic Rock-Hewn Churches Of Ethiopia (new Jerusalem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Churches Of Today by Ariyatech(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHURCHES OF TODAY

Is it only me that feels "Psalm 51" is not used in the right order?
It has become a recitation just like "Psalm 23".
Christians knowingly goes into sin with the hope of coming back to read the psalm 51 verses glued at the back of their door.
They don't longer feign ignorance of known sin. Psalm 51 is the latest confession song.
So my pastor said we should skip our bible pages to psalm 51, then am like ; "what has really been happening"?
Why not literally confess your sins and get saved than teasing " Pslam 51".? Is it right to say Christians are mis-using the potency of "Psalm 51"?
Every Sunday, the pastor rounds up the sermon with " Psalm 51". I understand there is "grace", but does "grace" encourage sinful lifestyle?. Sometimes , my mind thoughts are adrift of so called Christian denominations. Am not saying "Psalm 51" shouldn't be versed or recited, but how does it feel for the same person running to its verses every day for "Mercy".
Christianity doesn't stop at salvation, Sanctification should follow suit.

PSALM 51
Psalms 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
51:4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
51:18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
51:19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

#Sunday
#Worship
#Psalms
@360potential
http://www.storeearena.com/2018/08/churches-of-today.html

1 Like

Re: Churches Of Today by Different4rmu(f): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
Shall we continue in sin, that grace will abide? Most times we tend to take the Grace and Mercies of God for granted.

(1) (Reply)

My Rant About Black Christians / Travel Abroad With Ease / The Law Of The Garbage Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.