Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble (5553 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / Where The Phrase The Car Is Just "Turninoninown" Came From! / How Economic Is Nissan Maxima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello All,

Back in 2009 when she was still new, we didnt have issues. As last year, the car developed the issues below.

1. Developed a very funny sound: I feel its the silencer tho but on many occassions, we have patched it but it remains same.

2. You have to press on the tortle before the car can actually go a desireable distance.

3. The AC doesnt work.

4. The power steering is worse off: It cannot be easily turned. A mechanic said it was the gushin. The gushin was changed and the neck is barely manageable. I really want it to be free as that of a new car. Some say its the power steering oil. The compartment for the oil is always filled yet the isssue persists.

5. The car seems some how low: What i mean is, after repairing issues no. 1 highlited above, if the car goes into a small ditch, coming isnt rosy. It must surely touch the groud.

6. The car goes off while in motion after going a certain distance: At this point, there's water in the radiator, battery is fine though i noticed after leaving the car for about 20min, it starts up like nothing went wrong. It has embarrased me twice.

7. Checking the engine, i realised that many relays have been removed. Relays like AC, Fog Lamp, Etc.

This car was working fine when it was first bough in 2009 and i am in total shock how it has degenerated to this level.

Would share more pictures of her soon as she is grounded somewhere in agege as a result of issue 6.

Please N'landers, come and advise biko..

1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by LUNOreviews: 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2018
Flush the car before it kills u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by luvinhubby(m): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
LUNOreviews:

Are you not wicked grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
LUNOreviews:

Lol, there is still some good left in it.

Please assist.
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 5:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
luvinhubby:

Are you not wicked grin

Legendary luvinhubby... Gimme tips abeg
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:00am On Aug 27, 2018
I'd say u give that car what it's looking for,

Trouble!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by diportivo: 5:22am On Aug 27, 2018
you don't need advice,you need a sensible mechanic!!

one that knows when a car needs a replacement power steering pump atleast

a reliable rewire....one that doesn't steal your "follow come" relay to sell to his other customers

an intelligent panel beater....one that won't leave ur exhaust pipe dangling so much so it's worse off than when u first took it to him

you see, even you gan sef have to soji these things.....it's ur own "soji-ness" that will let u Identify the aforementioned

it has not started electrical issues and you are complaining.....when "crank and cam" wahala hold you well(might even be the reason for ur number six issue),na owode generated cash get u be that sir

it is well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 7:05am On Aug 27, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
I'd say u give that car what it's looking for,

Trouble!!!

How ? I need epp abeg
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 7:06am On Aug 27, 2018
diportivo:
you don't need advice,you need a sensible mechanic!!

one that knows when a car needs a replacement power steering pump atleast

a reliable rewire....one that doesn't steal your "follow come" relay to sell to his other customers

an intelligent panel beater....one that won't leave ur exhaust pipe dangling so much so it's worse off than when u first took it to him

you see, even you gan sef have to soji these things.....it's ur own "soji-ness" that will let u Identify the aforementioned

it has not started electrical issues and you are complaining.....when "crank and cam" wahala hold you well(might even be the reason for ur number six issue),na owode generated cash get u be that sir

it is well

Well said but i do not know where ti find these people.

So stuck mehn..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by autologic: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2018
Abduletudaye:

Well said but i do not know where ti find these people.

So stuck mehn..
Tow it to Gazzuzz workshop grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30am On Aug 27, 2018
Abduletudaye:
Hello All,

Back in 2009 when she was still new, we didnt have issues. As last year, the car developed the issues below.

1. Developed a very funny sound: I feel its the silencer tho but on many occassions, we have patched it but it remains same.

2. You have to press on the tortle before the car can actually go a desireable distance.

3. The AC doesnt work.

4. The power steering is worse off: It cannot be easily turned. A mechanic said it was the gushin. The gushin was changed and the neck is barely manageable. I really want it to be free as that of a new car. Some say its the power steering oil. The compartment for the oil is always filled yet the isssue persists.

5. The car seems some how low: What i mean is, after repairing issues no. 1 highlited above, if the car goes into a small ditch, coming isnt rosy. It must surely touch the groud.

6. The car goes while in motion after going a certain distance: At this point, there's water in the radiator, battery is fine though i noticed after leaving the car for about 20min, it starts up like nothing went wrong. It has embarrased me twice.

7. Checking the engine, i realised that many relays have been removed. Relays like AC, Fog Lamp, Etc.

This car was working fine when it was first bough in 2009 and i am in total shock how it has degenerated to this level.

Would share more pictures of her soon as she is grounded somewhere in agege as a result of issue 6.

Please N'landers, come and advise biko..

If you are Prepared for a PROPER fix, give me a call. You will spend a minimum of 400k.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by autologic: 7:32am On Aug 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

If you are Prepared for a PROPER fix, give me a call. You will spend a minimum of 400k.
Na to kuku scap the car be that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 7:59am On Aug 27, 2018
autologic:

Tow it to Gazzuzz workshop grin grin

Ok
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Allahuakbar... 400k?? How much is the car worth? shocked

Thank you so much any way...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 8:00am On Aug 27, 2018
autologic:

Na to kuku scap the car be that.

I weak mehn sad
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by 2shure: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2018
whoever go buy dis motor
ho hear am.
did u say in 2009.
jesu.
wat year are we in.
btw who dey drive am.
shay na u or na your popsi.
d day wey i see maxima se for mechanic workshop
dem don work on the body tire,engine.
mechanic dey shake head dey say men
maxima nor be motor
be it from 1999 to 2012 o.
say anyrhing maxima
no level
say u go hail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by autologic: 8:15am On Aug 27, 2018
Abduletudaye:

I weak mehn sad
Sincerely speaking Proper cost of fix to undo all form of kazeemisation will even will buy the car .Just let the car go If you are not prepared to spent a fortune for fix since you have allow the car to be abused to this extent or you want get american per hour quote from aunty rad too grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by radautoworks: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2018
Will be cheaper to buy a new car in the long run. HOW DID YOU LET IT GET TO THIS POINT WHEN ACCORDING TO YOU IT WAS A GOOD CAR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by radautoworks: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2018
autologic:

Sincerely speaking Proper cost of fix to undo all form of kazeemisation will even will buy the car .Just let the car go If you are not prepared to spent a fortune for fix since you have allow the car to be abused to this extent or you want get american per hour quote from aunty rad too grin

Me ke? I'd never advice him to repair it. Money is not that important to me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by radautoworks: 8:50am On Aug 27, 2018
Abduletudaye:

Allahuakbar... 400k?? How much is the car worth? shocked

Thank you so much any way...

And he's being conservative on the cost.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2018
autologic:

Chai... It is well.. ok thank you.
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2018
2shure:
whoever go buy dis motor
ho hear am.
did u say in 2009.
jesu.
wat year are we in.
btw who dey drive am.
shay na u or na your popsi.
d day wey i see maxima se for mechanic workshop
dem don work on the body tire,engine.
mechanic dey shake head dey say men
maxima nor be motor
be it from 1999 to 2012 o.
say anyrhing maxima
no level
say u go hail

Na papa ooo... Kai see level... sad
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2018
autologic:

Choi.. embarassed
radautoworks:

And he's being conservative on the cost.

I see.. but its still a whole lot.
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:
Will be cheaper to buy a new car in the long run. HOW DID YOU LET IT GET TO THIS POINT WHEN ACCORDING TO YOU IT WAS A GOOD CAR

Na papa wey dey drive am o...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 9:00am On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Ok, thanks.. say i sell this car @250k or something, what car would be best? That maybe 600k or 650k.. cry
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by AutoElectNG: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2018
Costee, maybe you can help this guy.

If I were to take this on, it would be for N250,000.00 labor flat non-negotiable only

Cost of parts on your account (not included in the above)...I can tell you where to source for parts, but if you do, no warranties.

Parts to look for to give you an idea of the cost in parts:

Honorable mention to diportivo who made this much easier for me:

1. Tokunbo power steering pump

2. Tokunbo fuse box

3. Tokunbo full-length exhaust pipe

If I source for parts, then I would warrantee the parts.

I would be doing this not so much for the money...but to prove that dead cars can be resurrected

Just an alternative point of view to help you weigh all your options
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by radautoworks: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2018
Abduletudaye:

Ok, thanks.. say i sell this car @250k or something, what car would be best? That maybe 600k or 650k.. cry

The house can help you on that one. We are new to the Naija used car sales market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

The house can help you on that one. We are new to the Naija used car sales market.

Oh ok.. thank you.

Na Toyota i dey reason tho and if its honda, not EOD!!
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by Abduletudaye(m): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Costee?

I dnt get you sir
Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by AutoElectNG: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2018
Abduletudaye:

I dnt get you sir

Initial post updated

Costee is the resident Nissan Expert...he may have an opinion that would be relevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad's Nissan Maxima 99 Is Just Trouble by weyreypey: 9:26am On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Autoelectng shots fired...I repeat shots fired

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urgent Advise Needed On Best Jeep To Buy With Budget Of 1.4M / Faulty Kickstarter / How Did Toyota Hilux And Land Cruiser 70 Become The Terrorist Favorite Vehicles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.