Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

/those Living In The U.k - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / /those Living In The U.k (831 Views)

Pregnant Traveller To The U.s / Those Living In Germany Please Help. / Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

/those Living In The U.k by omega25red(m): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2010
I'm planning a trip to the u.k in September and i would like to know what is a considered a good souvenir. I need some good ideas
thanks
Re: /those Living In The U.k by Rocktation(f): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2010
Naught can be better than taking a good pic of yourself at a place of interest & probably in a good-looking fur coat, whether it's cold or not. Very typical of first timers from naija. Any historic castle like castle Alnwick and Howard should be good for this.
Re: /those Living In The U.k by funkybaby(f): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2010
Rocktation:

Naught can be better than taking a good pic of yourself at a place of interest & probably in a good-looking fur coat, whether it's cold or not. Very typical of first timers from naija. Any historic castle like castle Alnwick and Howard should be good for this.

What crap are you posting?

The poster said he is planning a trip TO uk.

U no dey read before you reply to a post undecided
Re: /those Living In The U.k by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2010
funkybaby:

What crap are you posting?

The poster said he is planning a trip TO uk.

U no dey read before you reply to a post undecided
grin grin grin
Re: /those Living In The U.k by funkybaby(f): 11:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
justwise:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
imagine suggesting that poster takes a picture dressed in a fur coat to show to people as a souvenir

if thats not plain dumb, what else is it? undecided
Re: /those Living In The U.k by Rocktation(f): 1:44am On Jun 28, 2010
Just don't understand why a lot of NLanders thrive on insults. The last i checked, a souvenir can also be something you bring back for others to see, when you've been on a vac or holiday. So what's wrong with showing or giving his pics to friends that are interested? People do this all the time. Count yourselves lucky that i'm in a really good mood right now, else i would have insulted the illiteracy outta you.
Re: /those Living In The U.k by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 28, 2010
@poster
souvenir for whom? for you or your family? adults or kids?
i think it would all depend on who is receiving that souvenir and how much you are willing to spend on the gift.

they sell these miniature Big Ben as souvenirs. right outside Victoria station, there are a few souvenir shops where you can find everything you want (also cheaper than the ones near Picadilly Circus)

for kids, get them the old style bobby police helmet in plastic or simply a toy double decker bus.
Re: /those Living In The U.k by justwise(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2010
funkybaby:

grin grin grin grin grin
imagine suggesting that poster takes a picture dressed in a fur coat to show to people as a souvenir

if thats not plain dumb, what else is it? undecided

Hmmmmm. . . . . .dumb grin grin
Re: /those Living In The U.k by Rocktation(f): 8:01am On Jun 28, 2010
Atleast i understand the meaning of the word. Fool.
Re: /those Living In The U.k by Rocktation(f): 9:38am On Jun 28, 2010
And you don't always have to buy the world to show that you've been somewhere. What's he supposed to buy that the U.K's particular about anyway? The London bridge? Scottish skirts? Dublin's gum or what exactly? The sooner you get rid of that reap-where-i-didn't-sow mentality of yours, the better it's gonna get for you.
Re: /those Living In The U.k by justwise(m): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2010
Rocktation:

And you don't always have to buy the world to show that you've been somewhere. What's he supposed to buy that the U.K's particular about anyway? The London bridge? Scottish skirts? Dublin's gum or what exactly? The sooner you get rid of that reap-where-i-didn't-sow mentality of yours, the better it's gonna get for you.

Why are you still moaning about this?
Re: /those Living In The U.k by philip0906(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2010
@replies
cheesy grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Greetings From Fa-right Ventures, Nigeria / Got My Yanki Visa 2dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy / Pls Which University In Germany Speak English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.