Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ (1369 Views)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / How To Use C++ Program To Add, Subtract, Multiply Or Divide / Software Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by Piuscrown: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
I have being studying job openings online for a while now, and I found out a lot of companies here don't use C++ at all they mostly prefer Java or .NET. I also tried to check openings in South Africa and I notice it is an opposite of the situation here. (I won't bother myself about mentioning the power of C++). I also noticed a lot of people don't know there are even expert C++ programmers here in Nigeria, as I heard whenever there is a need to develop applications in C++ companies prefer to outsource such projects to foreigners. We don't even have any local C++ developer community also.
Re: Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by Alejoc(m): 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
Powerbank for your laptop!
Re: Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by sparkle6(m): 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
Most tech companies in naija are just into web. All they want is quick cash nothing else. But cpp aint helping matters either. That lang syntax is rigorous and strong.
Re: Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by SavageMajor(m): 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
They like shit sites and soo on
That's why most sites in Nigeria are practically shit ��
Re: Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by tollyboy5(m): 1:36am On Aug 27, 2018
Piuscrown:
I have being studying job openings online for a while now, and I found out a lot of companies here don't use C++ at all they mostly prefer Java or .NET. I also tried to check openings in South Africa and I notice it is an opposite of the situation here. (I won't bother myself about mentioning the power of C++). I also noticed a lot of people don't know there are even expert C++ programmers here in Nigeria, as I heard whenever there is a need to develop applications in C++ companies prefer to outsource such projects to foreigners. We don't even have any local C++ developer community also.
Bro I'm a c++ programmer also. I completed the course online bought textbooks and learned embedded C programming with no laptop what I just have is android phone, wen I meet other tech developers they only knw how to build website and the few embedded C programmer I've met are making things hard for me with huge amount they do ask of getting a c++ community is rocket science here in Futa I wish there could be one so that learning and sharing of ideas would be better.
Re: Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by smestudio: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
We, ITEX Nigeria, are hiring the finest C&C++ Developers in Nigeria.
Think you have what it takes? Then take our 25Question Challenge test in 20 minutes.
Cash Prize of N500,000 for top scorer of above 80% , N300,000 for second place and Immediate employment to the ITEX Team. T&C's applies.

Click here to get started; w w w dot itexchallenge dot iengage dot fun

Re: Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by Piuscrown: 1:02am On Sep 02, 2018
Who else took that quiz?
Re: Why Is It That A Lot Of Software Companies In Nigeria Don't Use C++ by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 02, 2018
sparkle6:
Most tech companies in naija are just into web.

Exactly!!! Seems like the only software products coming out of Nigeria are either Web or mobile apps

(1) (Reply)

Online Food Delivery App Development / Please How Do I Make Fake Whatsapp Video Calls. / The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.