Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer (1364 Views)

The Cost Of Hosting A Standard School Website. / What Is The Cost Of Creating And Running Your Own App? / Cost Of Building An Android App For A Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer by Ugbomiekon: 7:05pm On May 24, 2016
Hmm...it's a surety that ICT is the next lethal oil well, more soothing is the current 'easy-access' era of tech infos, devices and resource.
But formal certification from reputable institution is definitely not a stroll in the park. I'm an IT student, studying programming in arguably the best IT school in Nigeria,studying on scholarship seemed like a 'bed of roses' prospect. But it's really not, paying in six figures for materials might not be the headache, but it's certainly a trauma to one of those young lads, who works hard and smiles home every 30days with a 'salary' in four figures, and guess what...he's not the son of a senator, neither the daughter of a ritualist. This dude needs to purchase these 'material' compulsoryly,and wait for it...for five semesters. Now I see why codes rarely get written!
Re: The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer by larisoft: 3:36pm On May 25, 2016
lol! I understand. I know one has to go to IT schools to get Certificates; But in my humble opinion, you didnt have to go to an IT school to become a programmer. And as such, buying materials which were declared compulsory, is not the cost of becoming a programmer, but the cost of getting a certificate in programming. These two are very different things because I know a lot of guys here that dont have certs in programming but are badasses.

Its just a matter of time shaa and you will be out and reaping the fruits of your investment.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer by Barbieadol: 4:30pm On May 25, 2016
Keep on coding till it pays. steve jobs, larry page, mark zuckerberg, and so on didnt just make it over night
Re: The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer by oluwaskulboy(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2016
DEVELOPING AN ANDROID APP, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW.
http://techzone.com.ng/2016/05/05/developing-android-app-know/
Re: The Cost Of Becoming A Programmer by goomatyila(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hi! formal education is a must, but not lots people has access to big banks...

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Make Matlab Programs And GUI / Google Hash Code 2017 / Programming Languages For Bloggers/web Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.