Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Secured Tips To Prevent Been Defrauded When Placing Orders Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Secured Tips To Prevent Been Defrauded When Placing Orders Online (716 Views)

The Guy Who Blocked A Nairalander After Placing An Order (pics) / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secured Tips To Prevent Been Defrauded When Placing Orders Online by IMASTEX: 12:28am On Aug 27, 2018
The arrival of the internet has helped to globalized nearly every aspects of human endeavours. It has really touched, simplified and brought everyone closer. The business world is no exceptions to this wonderful benefits. The internet has no doubt helped in making online business ever easier in buying or selling. Good enough, it has come to stay since its offers one of the convenient, less running cost and easy distribution channels. As commonly said, there is no positive thing without its associated challenges. Hence, this article is directed to guiding and sharing some useful tips in ensuring safe business dealings online to reducing the chances of been swindled by numerous fraudsters out there. Especially when you need to order a product. Here are the common tips you should use:

1. Checking for the consistency and the duration of the contacts usage

It is very difficult for fraudsters to maintain same phone number over a longer period of time. Its in their habit to change phone numbers due to numerous calls that may be pouring in especially from their victims. Checking the duration of the phone line usage may require the services of a staff with the network provider who maybe close to you, of course since the staff isn't officially authorized to ditch such info. You can also check the phone contact consistency by browsing on the phone number to see any remarks, when such numbers appeared online. The name that appeared on your true caller inline with the name the person claimed, etc.

2. Checking for any element of rush

Bad deals are often made in haste. This is aimed at getting what they want even before you could logically analyzed the deal or perhaps tell a friend. So, watch out for any unnecessary haste when you communicate with the seller.

3. Checking for the financial report of the person

This maybe very difficult. However, not for persons with bankers as friends. The check is to see the newness of the account. Note: the banker's feedbacks must be classified to you to safeguard his job.

4. Asking for details of the product

This has always generated lots of issues with product like, clothes, gadget, etc. Since you're ordering a product online. It is proper to ask the size, quantity, colour, operational mode, etc. of the item. Example, as a snail farmer, i can easily tell you the quantity and amount. But for my herbal tea for men, I will tell you how many tea bags you need and the price, etc.

5. Checking for general remarks online

Generally, it is easy for people to react negatively when they are defrauded and spreading the identity of the person who did it. Therefore, browsing online to check the details of the person you're about to do online business with may help you. It is very easy when the contact is gotten on Nairaland. Because different threads have been created to expose the bad eggs. You can click the following to see: https://www.nairaland.com/3430558/scam-alert-dont-victim-updates

6. Checking out for over attractive offers

I have seen cases where good unnumbered vehicles worth 2 million normally been offered for just #100,000. When you see online offers like that, just ask yourself why should it be that cheap for any reason whatsoever.

Note: The above tips are used for checking on individuals that are doing online sales. However, you will be more secured when dealing with a company. The below represent the areas you should major your check on for a company:

7. Validating the company's registration name

A company should be registered with CAC. Hence, simply authenticate the company's originality on the CAC online platform:
http://.gov.ng/ComSearch/
It will be displayed on their page whether the company is duly registered showing also the address and the date of its approval.

8. Ensuring bank transactions are done via the company's name

The banks go further to requesting TIN, BVN, address and even sorties before opening a cooperate account for a company. These are done for easy tracking where the need arises. Note: this is different for just a business name registration.

9. Contacting a firm to serve as a middleman

You can easily engage the services of a middleman. This should be discussed between you and the seller. The fund is transfered to the middleman. And the order is sent to the client upon taken delivery of the order in good conditions. The funds are thereafter transfered to the vendor. We have rendered such services leaving the both party happy.

10. You may add yours

There is actually no need to go into crime especially the use of the online platform. Well as there are so many ways to make an income legitimately online. I.e. you can market our Herbal Tea for Men or snails, etc and get paid for sells.

Cc
Seun, lalasticlala what have you to say in promoting healthy online businesses and discouraging the use of online platform for defrauding people.

1 Like

Re: Secured Tips To Prevent Been Defrauded When Placing Orders Online by TechConsult: 12:53am On Aug 27, 2018
Nice Write up, I can't advertise to avoid being banned, but I have a nice plantain farming Investement. Chek my signature

1 Like

Re: Secured Tips To Prevent Been Defrauded When Placing Orders Online by Ionkidiz(m): 1:07am On Aug 27, 2018
I have bought too many things online and i didn't get any issue, the problem is USE YOUR HEAD, when you use your brain well i don't think anyone can scam you
Re: Secured Tips To Prevent Been Defrauded When Placing Orders Online by IMASTEX: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2018
Ionkidiz:
I have bought too many things online and i didn't get any issue, the problem is USE YOUR HEAD, when you use your brain well i don't think anyone can scam you
I agree with you. I have often told my clients that one can be swindled whether online or offline when the safety business code is disregarded or unknown. This is why I had to share this tips to guide in that regards. The truth is there are so many genuine online businesses out there. My online business exposure has unveiled so many mistakes buyers make. I.e. a client asked me, "How Am I sure if I place an order I will get the product?" Questions like this shows the persons is just doing blind buying. My simple answer is, what are you expecting me to tell you if I was intending to swindle you? Doing your own personal research is key instead of depending solely on what the seller is saying.

(1) (Reply)

5 Major Ongoing Transportation Projects In Nigeria / Groundnut Oil Business Set Up And Business Plan / How To Pay For Instagram Ads In Nigeria (2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.