Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? (33747 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Who Are Your Three Worst Governors In Nigeria? / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Mortiple(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2010
BEST 3

Babatunde Raji Fashola (BRF) - Lagos State  - He remaineth No. 1.

[size=18pt]Coming in distant second and third positions are:
Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi  - Rivers State       -   (Based on media reports)
Sullivan Chime                 - Enugu State       -   (Also based on media reports)
[/size]

[size=28pt]WORST 3
Theodore Orji (Abia State) and Alao  Akala (Oyo State)       -  both are tied in 1st position.
Ikedi Ohakim (Imo State) and Gbenga Daniel (Ogun State) -  both are tied in 2nd position.
Isah Yuguda  (Bauchi State)
[/size]
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by chamber2(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
[size=8pt]ohakim of imo state remains the worst governor in d whole world
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by PurestBoy(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
[size=32pt]Best is AKALA, worst is FASHOLA[/size]
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Ranoscky(m): 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2010
Na dem sabi jare! make i watch paraguay vs japan match abeg. best gorffernor ko, best senetor ni. CRIMINALS! sad
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Abuse: 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2010
Theodore Orji, Ohakim,Gbenga Daniels,Timpre Sylva have the worst performance!!!!!!!!They should be voted out in 2011 otherwise they will ruin their states.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by fesse(f): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2010
The best Governors to me goes like this:

Fashola - Lagos
Amaechi - Rivers
Chime - Enugu
Adams - Edo
Akpabio - Akwa-ibom
Shekaru - Kano
Babangida - Niger
Liyel - Cross-River
Sherif - Borno
Emmanuel - Delta

WORST governors;l

Ohakim - Imo(monumental failure)
Akala - Oyo
Orji - Abia
Aliyu Doma - Nassarawa
Jona Jang - Plateau
Suswan - Benue
Idris - Kogi
Daniel - Ogun
Oni - Ekitti
Danjuma - Gombe
oyinlola - Osun
Danbaba - Taraba
others
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by matiltomd(f): 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
Theodore Orji and Ikedi Ohakim must be really terrible o! grin grin  But they are kids compared to Akala and that billboard loving Daniel, grin grin

From what i hear,i think Amaechi is doing a good job, But BRF remains the best honestly,
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Virgo83(m): 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2010
The Best Governor in the history of the Country is Gov. Babatunde Raji Fashola
The Worst Governor in the history of the Country is Gov. Gbenga Daniel. Both lies in the South West of the Country.
What makes Fashola the best is his vision for the Country and what makes Daniel worst is the fact that despite the success of yournext door neighbor you aren't concerned instead you choose to be a opposite character.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by alexleo(m): 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
Governor do-nothing Ikedi Ohakim of Imo State is among the worst Governors in the whole wide world. Pls lets not forget his name. He talks so much and do almost nothing. His style of governance has a 419 face. Each time i go to Imo I feel bad.

Fashola, Chime and Amechi remains the best. Lets keep praying God that  these bad Governors be flushed out  in the coming election.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by KnowAll(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2010
[size=14pt]If I have my way every one of them would be shot. While the worse spends 1% of their revenue on their states, the best which is Fashola probably spends 25%, the distance 3rd and 4th spends between 8% and 9%. .

In my book they are all failures, hence Nigeria being a failed state.[/size]  undecided
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Libra38: 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2010
I wonder why nobody has made mentioned of Ibrahim Idris of Kogi State. I can describe him to be the best interms of the followings:

Best in bleaching (skin tonning)
Best in hirring of thugs
best in building hotels in South African and Niger republic (all with state fund)
Best in poor grammertical construction (he got his neco result in 2005 while in office)
Best in project budgetd, but non executed (not even a pole of eletricity has been erected in his home town "Icheke"wink

If i have to describe him among the worst, whell i don't know what to say, but he is the MOST EXTRA-ORDINARY DEWOWO (URGLY FACE)[size=8pt][/size] among the whole governor.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by skyndyp(f): 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
The best governor is my governor. Look at my signature and you'll know who i'm refering to.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by chi101: 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2010
OHAKIM OF IMO STATE IS DEFINITELY THE WORST OF ALL TIME IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
Shame on him
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by uglybetty: 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2010
To God who made me,I think say Kogi State go be no 1 wey them go mention for the list of states wey be dey worst State for the hole of Nigeria. As Warri no dey carry last, Kogi dey carry last for everything. I dey pity Kogi state people.I tell una.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Africanson: 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
Fashola should be voted as the best governor "of all times" in the history of Nigeria!!.  

The man literally came to my street to ask that a mountain of waste dump be removed, within 3 weeks it was indeed removed.  The waste dump have been there since I came to Lagos and used to smell so bad causing disease which have killed many people over the years. If not for Fashola that waste dump would still be there today. If he is not contesting in the 2011 presidential elections I will not vote.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Mkpotu(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2010
Best Governor Award goes to Babatunde Fashola (SAN). Lagos State makes alot of money and the man has the will to utilize the money to better people's life whilst creating more avenues for generating more revenue for the state.

Next is Rotimi Amaechi   -   South South

Followed by Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau   -  North West.

I have not been to Gombe State, but from people's assessment, he (Alhaji Goje) delivered. Besides, he normally has one activity or the other which usually has press coverage.

Sulleivan Chime too is trying though majority said his concentration is only in Enugu metropolis.

Peter Obi of Anambra State is not doing badly but much is really expected of him. He has a bit of integrity and he is executing projects around his state, touching all sectors simultaneously.

Others include; Akpabio of Akwa-Ibom, Babangida of Niger State. Plateau State as at last year that I visited, there was tremendous improvement compared to dilapidated that Joshua Dariye left the state. So, I will not classify Jonah Jang as worst as their situation would have improved much better but for the incessant crisis.

Jigawa, Katsina, Kebbi etc are all trying, what they just need is to provide bags of fertilizer, donkeys and other means of enhancing irrigation to their people and share money to politicians, the people are satisfied, but i think it is democracy dividend anyway.

The worst of all include;

(1) Alao akala of Oyo State: Looks like a liar

(2) Theodore Orji of Abia State: Looks unserious and without focus on what he intends to achieve.

(3) Gbenga Daniels of Ogun State: a mafia and a crook

(4) Gaidam of Yobe state: Doing nothing

(5) Oyinlola of Ekiti State who after 7-8years in power is still complaining of paucity of fund.

(6) Timipreye Silver, lets see what happens since his deputy has been removed and there wouldn't bomb & dynamite explosion around his residence & office. He may now be focused, though he has nothing at all to show for the 3years in office.

(7) Ohakim looks focused but majority of his people do not like him as they classify him as being deceptive.

Some states are however living on the past glory of the past administration although the incumbent are painting such predecessors black, they are:

(1) Liyel Imoke of Cross River State   - Donald Duke, his projects are still there to testify.

(2) Isah Yuguda of Bauchi State  -  Adamu Muazu, embarked on massive road construction and reconstruction using Julius Berger.

Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State has not really shown much, the two projects commissioned by Goodluck were all inherited from Ibori his brother, though government is a continuous thing. It means that in 3years as Governor, he did not start and finish a standard or even single road in the Delta State for Goodluck to commission or even patch pot holes like Alao-akala did in Oyo State. Although I can attest for his for beautification of the cities with flowers, street lighting and televisions on the major cities of Asaba & Warri.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Ehoi: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2010
I just heard that is the new look benin city at night. Can anyone confirm this?
Bawses:

Thats the new Silverbird Galleria in Abuja.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by ovo4u(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2010
Reading this will just give you a common sense that this guy is a Malam, all from the north, but it cool grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by ovo4u(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2010
Had_one:

[size=18pt]Best 3.
1. Ibrahim Shekarau (KANO)
2. Ibrahim Shema (KATSINA)
3. Ibrahim Yakowa (KADUNA)

Worst 3.
1. Aliyu Sherif (BORNO)
2. Aliyu Wammako (SOKOTO)
3. Aliyu Doma (NASSARAWA)[/size]

I mean this:
[size=8pt]Reading this will just give you a common sense that this guy is a Malam, all from the north, but it cool[/size]
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Ehoi: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2010
This simple camparism is not fair. I think governor's performance should be compared to how much the state have. Some states are very poor and cannot afford to bring development while other states are very rich. If this concept of comparing is use, i reckon the governor of Bayelsa state will come last. That state is suppose to look like Dubai right now considering the amount of money it has been receiving. Also Yenogua is not a big place. I expect all the roads there to be three lanes, tarred with pavement and streetlight.

Some governors get frustrated and fall into what i term government depression when they don't have enough funds to do any project. Instead of working hard and be inventive in finding funds for development, they say to themselves, "there is not enough for development but there is more than enough to steal". Its even better now. I rememeber about six years ago, some state were having budgets of 20 billion. This is not even enough to pay workers in some states and it cost about 3 billion to build just one good road.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by IkaBoy1(m): 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
Yes oooo that is the kingsquare(ring road in benin city)it is called the music fountain it is the largest of its kind in africa.Built by the adams oshiomole administration[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Vquest(m): 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
The feeling that Fashola is the best governor seems unanimous. I took it upon myself to go check out the website of the governor of Lagos.   http://www.tundefashola.com/.  The guy is quite eloquent, and has some very interesting ideas. I hope there are more like him in the pipeline.
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by thweraja10: 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
The Best Governor of all time is Raji Fashola. He has done outstanding in the last three years
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by TMemos: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2010
Does the Nigerian system reward best governors or punish worst ones?  It's sad. Don't be surprised to see some (if not all) of those that have been rightly adjudged the worst by Nairalanders may be there post-May 2011 and some of the best ones may have serious problems getting a second term.  Until our votes count and are counted, 
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by mrkoma2012: 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2010
Fahola(lagos) and Amaechi(rivers) r d best, Gbenga daniel d least said d beta cos he's a wasteman
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by seanet02: 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
@purestboy, are you serious akala being the best governor and FASHOLA being the worst governor, you must be living under the rock for the past 3 years or else you are a political scavenger. Ode
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by thebrideng(m): 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
Hei!,

If you don't know anything about Our Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, you better shut up. I believed you are not leaving in Ogun State, you may be from the State, but definitely you are not a residence here.

Otunba Gbenga Daniel has really transformed Ogun State. He is the BEST GOVERNOR OGUN EVER HAVE!

Continue your good work Joo, OGIDI OMO!
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Seaen(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2010
Akala is definitely the best worst governor in Nigeria
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by deji07: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2010
Am a bit confuse here i was told few years ago that hmm Gov Gbenga Daniel did pretty well in Ogun State , Build Good roads etc and now is the worst . Mehn that means the guy knpws what is doing then so people can vote for him the second time . Christ help us , so what about the Fasola that every body is saying he is the best What if , ? after this term he started showing what he can FETCHHHHHH from the State. May God Help us. grin
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by toideve(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

those includin Adams among the best gov'nors should PLEASE point out what that guy has done for Edo State besides talking, tlkaing and talking

no offense but do you reside in Edo state i bet you don't and even if you do maybe you don't go out much. Oshiomole is working, an average benin man in the street will tell you that too. so for me BRF 1st, Amaechi 2nd (from what I've heard and seen on TV) and then my comrade Gov comes 3rd

the worst of course is Akala and OGD
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2010
(5) Oyinlola of Ekiti State who after 7-8years in power is still complaining of paucity of fund.

Was Oyinlola redeployed from Osun State?

Nigerians too like rigging dem wan cheat Akala of his rightful position as the worst governor in Nigeria
Re: Best And Worst Governors In Nigeria? by Ruq: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
Who is that fool that said Daniel is the best. You must be mad! Heavily mad! You must be one of his thugs. Daniel will forever remain the worst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chike Clark Is Dead. Edwin Clarke's Son Dies After A Brief Illness / 2023: Based On Your Birth Month, Which Aspirant Are You Supporting / TB Joshua: Murder In The Church By FFK (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.