Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers (8390 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / 4 Amazing Ways To Overcome Difficult Subject Or Course / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by chikachuks1(m): 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
Many lecturers unnecessarily seem to be difficult, tough and impossible. Sometimes, you are forced to wonder how the wife and children of such lecturers cope with them. In the next few lines, I want to show you some simple steps on how to overcome these difficult lecturers. Mathematics has taught that every problem has a solution. Many students’ efforts are constantly been frustrated as a result of these kind of lecturers.

I have outlined some simple but real steps on how to overcome complex and difficult lecturers. If you apply these tips, very soon all your lecturers will start smiling with you and your result will also be smiling. Severally, I have met students who complain about a particular lecturer. In fact, in some cases, once they hear that the result for the previous semester is out, all they are interested in is to know their grade in that lecturers’ course. There are some lecturers who are really difficult, but there are some who are not. It is just that some of them pretend to be difficult lecturers, but if you go close to them, they are not. These are the few point for your consumption.

Attend all lecture and seat in the front: The very first step to overcome difficult lecturers is to always attend their classes. Not just attending their classes but sitting at the front seat. The reason is because the more they see your face, the more they know you better. There are some lecturers who are naturally gifted to the point that whenever they see your face, they will recognize you any other place. If you have a problem in a course and you approach the lecturer for help, the first thing he will do is to confirm if you are his student. Thus if you are always at the front seat, it will be an added advantage because your face will no longer be strange to him. Even if your lecturers do not know your name, ensure that they know your face. Always seeing you in classes will convince him that you are a serious student. Thus if you have any issue, it will not be hard for him to help you out.

Perform well in their courses: If you must overcome difficult lecturers, you must always perform well in their courses. Truth be told, there is a kind of grade you score in a particular course that the reverse will become the case. The lecturer will come looking for you himself. And as such the both of you become friends. Observe carefully that in most cases, it the average and dull students that have issues with lecturers. You will hardly see a first class or second class upper student having issues with lecturers. If you must break the code of your difficult lecturers, then you must ensure that you perform very well in their courses. By so doing, you will be on the advantaged side.

Ask questions: As much as been present for lecturers is important, ensure you ask questions frequently. This is the fastest strategy to make your lecturers know you. But then, you must ensure that you do not ask silly questions like many students do. It irritates many lecturers. Ask meaningful questions and by so doing, those difficult lecturers who have problem with smiling will begin to smile with you. From smiling, the relationship will graduate to laughing. Lecturers love when students ask them questions. This will prove to them that you are really understanding what they are teaching you.

Visit them in their offices: To overcome difficult lecturers, visit them in their offices once in a while. Remember that if you have issues with your lecturer, you are the one to suffer it. Your lecturer has graduated many years ago and you are still in school. Try as much as possible to visit them. If for nothing, to briefly gist with them, ask them questions or even run few errands for them. If you can do this one very well, you will never score less than a B in the lecturers’ course. Make friends with your lecturers. One of the secret of been a successful student is to love all your lecturers and courses.

Send them complimentary messages: Learn to send complimentary text messages to those seemingly difficult lecturers. If they have birthday, send them nice messages and if possible, publish their birthday on your Facebook timeline and tag them. These are little things that helps a big deal.

Pray: If you have tried all these and fail, then do not neglect to use the weapon of prayer. The Holy Bible says, “The heart of king is in the hands of God”. If you have tried all these above stated steps and the lecturer still prove impossible, then use the altar of prayer. In fact, if you use the altar of prayer very well, then the lecture will be the one obeying you. Send you the case to the court of heaven where he will be judged and given instructions concerning you. You can overcome that seemingly difficult lecturer.

In conclusion, no matter how hard beans might be, when you heat it with time, it will become soft. In like manner, you can win the heart of those difficult lecturers.
https://infoducation.com.ng/how-to-overcome-difficult-lecturers/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Humchi(m): 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
People like me will never get difficulties with lecturers.
Be the most quiet person.
Throughout my secondary school days, i never had a problem with teachers.
Me come school, sit down my own jeje, no noise.
I became popular because of my gentle and quiet character.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
chikachuks1:
Many lecturers unnecessarily seem to be difficult, tough and impossible. Sometimes, you are forced to wonder how the wife and children of such lecturers cope with them. In the next few lines, I want to show you some simple steps on how to overcome these difficult lecturers. Mathematics has taught that every problem has a solution. Many students’ efforts are constantly been frustrated as a result of these kind of lecturers.

I have outlined some simple but real steps on how to overcome complex and difficult lecturers. If you apply these tips, very soon all your lecturers will start smiling with you and your result will also be smiling. Severally, I have met students who complain about a particular lecturer. In fact, in some cases, once they hear that the result for the previous semester is out, all they are interested in is to know their grade in that lecturers’ course. There are some lecturers who are really difficult, but there are some who are not. It is just that some of them pretend to be difficult lecturers, but if you go close to them, they are not. These are the few point for your consumption.

Attend all lecture and seat in the front: The very first step to overcome difficult lecturers is to always attend their classes. Not just attending their classes but sitting at the front seat. The reason is because the more they see your face, the more they know you better. There are some lecturers who are naturally gifted to the point that whenever they see your face, they will recognize you any other place. If you have a problem in a course and you approach the lecturer for help, the first thing he will do is to confirm if you are his student. Thus if you are always at the front seat, it will be an added advantage because your face will no longer be strange to him. Even if your lecturers do not know your name, ensure that they know your face. Always seeing you in classes will convince him that you are a serious student. Thus if you have any issue, it will not be hard for him to help you out.

Perform well in their courses: If you must overcome difficult lecturers, you must always perform well in their courses. Truth be told, there is a kind of grade you score in a particular course that the reverse will become the case. The lecturer will come looking for you himself. And as such the both of you become friends. Observe carefully that in most cases, it the average and dull students that have issues with lecturers. You will hardly see a first class or second class upper student having issues with lecturers. If you must break the code of your difficult lecturers, then you must ensure that you perform very well in their courses. By so doing, you will be on the advantaged side.

Ask questions: As much as been present for lecturers is important, ensure you ask questions frequently. This is the fastest strategy to make your lecturers know you. But then, you must ensure that you do not ask silly questions like many students do. It irritates many lecturers. Ask meaningful questions and by so doing, those difficult lecturers who have problem with smiling will begin to smile with you. From smiling, the relationship will graduate to laughing. Lecturers love when students ask them questions. This will prove to them that you are really understanding what they are teaching you.

Visit them in their offices: To overcome difficult lecturers, visit them in their offices once in a while. Remember that if you have issues with your lecturer, you are the one to suffer it. Your lecturer has graduated many years ago and you are still in school. Try as much as possible to visit them. If for nothing, to briefly gist with them, ask them questions or even run few errands for them. If you can do this one very well, you will never score less than a B in the lecturers’ course. Make friends with your lecturers. One of the secret of been a successful student is to love all your lecturers and courses.

Send them complimentary messages: Learn to send complimentary text messages to those seemingly difficult lecturers. If they have birthday, send them nice messages and if possible, publish their birthday on your Facebook timeline and tag them. These are little things that helps a big deal.

Pray: If you have tried all these and fail, then do not neglect to use the weapon of prayer. The Holy Bible says, “The heart of king is in the hands of God”. If you have tried all these above stated steps and the lecturer still prove impossible, then use the altar of prayer. In fact, if you use the altar of prayer very well, then the lecture will be the one obeying you. Send you the case to the court of heaven where he will be judged and given instructions concerning you. You can overcome that seemingly difficult lecturer.

In conclusion, no matter how hard beans might be, when you heat it with time, it will become soft. In like manner, you can win the heart of those difficult lecturers.
Good job.
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by 0balufonlll: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2018
x

13 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by icekidmuktar(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2018
I don hear! I will try
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by israelmao(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2018
I once had a lecturer who was a sadist to the core no one ever got 'A' in his course.Good write-up.

3 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Evidence1000(m): 7:13am On Aug 28, 2018
I agree with everything minus that visiting in the office part. It's harmful to ladies especially. Here in OAU, if you try it with some lecturers, then sorry would be your middle name.

7 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by agabaI23(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2018
Describe what you meant by "difficult lecturers"
@chikachuks1

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by famous1161: 7:16am On Aug 28, 2018
Humchi:
People like me will never get difficulties with lecturers.

Be the most quiet person.

Throughout my secondary school days, i never had a problem with teachers.

Me come school, sit down my own jeje, no noise.

I became popular because of my gentle and quiet character.

baba higher institution is quite different ... wise up ..if you continued that strategy you go hear am so!
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Homeboiy: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2018
how can we overcome those lecturers that use only 15 mins to finish a course
He will now give u answer to summarize a full textbook
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Homeboiy: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2018
how can we overcome those lecturers that use only 15 mins to finish a course
He will now give u assignment to summarize a full textbook

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by mespusinglez(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2018
No Matter How Hard To Lecturer is..
"Patience,Hardwork and Determination " Will See You THROUGH!...
#Tested And Trusted
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 28, 2018
@OP, some of your points are cool. To pray is a no no.
Pay lecturers well. Motivate them with free Wi-Fi and educational materials. Have a strict regulation body to monitor them.Establish a good leadeship at the adminstrative level.
Voila!
This is how it works in most universities of the wold.
If go UK/US/even South African universities... you go wonder whether na play play we dey do for 9ja!

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by idu1(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2018
I'm a difficult lecturer
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Jobabori(m): 7:28am On Aug 28, 2018
The main task is to work well and seek no preferential treatment or attention. I do not care to know if a lecturer is difficult or not once I am ready to do my work effectively. I do not seek for favour from any lecturer neither do I want him or her to notice me but if I am asked to go one kilometer in his or her course, i will make effort to add extra kilometers.

3 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Alejoc(m): 7:30am On Aug 28, 2018
Pray and study hard.... Go over his past questions!

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by qanda: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2018
Ok
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by LharryVee(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2018
If u like do all this, if Barrister OKE my darling lecturer still wants to fail u, all dis wnt stp him
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Desdola(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2018
True. But some lecturers are just sadist
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by ImaIma1(f): 7:49am On Aug 28, 2018
chikachuks1:

You actually got it right. I did all these things though unintentionally. I always sat in front so i could see...i wanted to pass the course so bad because it was the hardest and compulsory course in my dept.

When i didn't understand, i went to his office and he actually took time to explain. He wasn't that difficult after all. Besides, i didn't care about his being difficult. I just wanted to understand it.

I think i scored the highest in that course and he became my project supervisor. People pitied me but i had no issues smiley

Spot on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2018
famous1161:

baba higher institution is quite different ... wise up ..if you continued that strategy you go hear am so!

Lolz... Are you saying being quite in higher institution will lead one to problem?

Thats a wrong conclusion bro!
Well, maybe it depend on school, for my own school (Funnab), gentleness and quiteness is bae!

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by expialidocious: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2018
Oboy na lie jare. Infact, where I schooled, if you do any of the above, na when dem go notice you....Just miss all their lectures, read and go and write exams...
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by KendrickAyomide: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2018
34 days to gradation. i don't Give a duck
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by romenna: 8:01am On Aug 28, 2018
Just study him or her n adapt.
U can not do otherwise
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 8:04am On Aug 28, 2018
Lolz... Every school with its own wahala!

Among the thing that made me like Funaab is that, either saddist or difficult lecturers, you can get your A without having to do any other stuff apart from - Come to class (Attedance) - Do assignment - Come for Test - Write Exam

I haven't went to a lecturer office for further explanation before, and i don't see myself doing that soon...

Prayer is automatically installed in we religious folk, if you like pray, if you like don't pray, you can still get your A with/without prayer!

Sending complimentary gift is out of it patapata!
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by eliskelly: 8:10am On Aug 28, 2018
There is one younger lecturer in political science dept. University of Nigeria Nsukka. He can lecture well and even furnish us with materials free of charge. My problem is that he doesn't accept compliment from any student. He is unapproachable. We have tried everything but he appears too strict. He has zero tolerance for exam malpractice and always displace students who has penchant for exam malpractices. With this descriptions, you can relate if you are in UNN. How do we make him our friends?
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by ikorodureporta: 8:14am On Aug 28, 2018
Some lecturers no jst won see you for their office. Dem go jst dey form hardness, which i think is FEAR. They'r like......''Moffo - gerrout of my office cheesy ' i dnt take it as anytin. I dey even laff them...when some ppl get to some position in life, they feel d world is theirs. Me i no send any lecturer. U pass or fail me, i dnt giv a ****.

When i hear abt some of our former lecturers' death, it shows we all cnt be there forever

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Ositace(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2018
The only point I agree with is d "prayer" part... Cos if dey want to frustrate u, they will..no matter where u sit or ow gentle u her or d messages u send to them... Even if u do well in their course, if dey want u..they will frustrate u die...
My opinion though
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2018
It's either you totolized, monetized or spiritualized such lecturer.
However, Buhari is not lifeless as Trump claimed but just a bad man with bad intentions.
Mod that deleted my ftc on this thread can still do that again.
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by cornel9297: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2018
eliskelly:
There is one younger lecturer in political science dept. University of Nigeria Nsukka. He can lecture well and even furnish us with materials free of charge. My problem is that he doesn't accept compliment from any student. He is unapproachable. We have tried everything but he appears too strict. He has zero tolerance for exam malpractice and always displace students who has penchant for exam malpractices. With this descriptions, you can relate if you are in UNN. How do we make him our friends?
The man is not difficult from ur descriptions,maybe he has a feeling that you guys will take him for granted if he makes himself approachable in the school environs.
we watched matches and drank together during the weekends with lecturers perceived as difficult ones during my undergraduate days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2016/2017 Waec Gce English Language Expo/ Obj And Theory Answers / Updates On ASUU Strike / A Babcock Guy Describes Babcock Female Students As Wild (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.