Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers (8397 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / 4 Amazing Ways To Overcome Difficult Subject Or Course / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by demmydy(m): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2018
Here in dorben poly, abuja. Lecturers are d best. Expect 4 some bad eggs, dat spoil d fun of enjoy d institution...
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Juliearth(f): 8:38am On Aug 28, 2018
chikachuks1:
Many lecturers unnecessarily seem to be difficult, tough and impossible. Sometimes, you are forced to wonder how the wife and children of such lecturers cope with them. In the next few lines, I want to show you some simple steps on how to overcome these difficult lecturers. Mathematics has taught that every problem has a solution. Many students’ efforts are constantly been frustrated as a result of these kind of lecturers.

I have outlined some simple but real steps on how to overcome complex and difficult lecturers. If you apply these tips, very soon all your lecturers will start smiling with you and your result will also be smiling. Severally, I have met students who complain about a particular lecturer. In fact, in some cases, once they hear that the result for the previous semester is out, all they are interested in is to know their grade in that lecturers’ course. There are some lecturers who are really difficult, but there are some who are not. It is just that some of them pretend to be difficult lecturers, but if you go close to them, they are not. These are the few point for your consumption.

Attend all lecture and seat in the front: The very first step to overcome difficult lecturers is to always attend their classes. Not just attending their classes but sitting at the front seat. The reason is because the more they see your face, the more they know you better. There are some lecturers who are naturally gifted to the point that whenever they see your face, they will recognize you any other place. If you have a problem in a course and you approach the lecturer for help, the first thing he will do is to confirm if you are his student. Thus if you are always at the front seat, it will be an added advantage because your face will no longer be strange to him. Even if your lecturers do not know your name, ensure that they know your face. Always seeing you in classes will convince him that you are a serious student. Thus if you have any issue, it will not be hard for him to help you out.

Perform well in their courses: If you must overcome difficult lecturers, you must always perform well in their courses. Truth be told, there is a kind of grade you score in a particular course that the reverse will become the case. The lecturer will come looking for you himself. And as such the both of you become friends. Observe carefully that in most cases, it the average and dull students that have issues with lecturers. You will hardly see a first class or second class upper student having issues with lecturers. If you must break the code of your difficult lecturers, then you must ensure that you perform very well in their courses. By so doing, you will be on the advantaged side.

Ask questions: As much as been present for lecturers is important, ensure you ask questions frequently. This is the fastest strategy to make your lecturers know you. But then, you must ensure that you do not ask silly questions like many students do. It irritates many lecturers. Ask meaningful questions and by so doing, those difficult lecturers who have problem with smiling will begin to smile with you. From smiling, the relationship will graduate to laughing. Lecturers love when students ask them questions. This will prove to them that you are really understanding what they are teaching you.

Visit them in their offices: To overcome difficult lecturers, visit them in their offices once in a while. Remember that if you have issues with your lecturer, you are the one to suffer it. Your lecturer has graduated many years ago and you are still in school. Try as much as possible to visit them. If for nothing, to briefly gist with them, ask them questions or even run few errands for them. If you can do this one very well, you will never score less than a B in the lecturers’ course. Make friends with your lecturers. One of the secret of been a successful student is to love all your lecturers and courses.

Send them complimentary messages: Learn to send complimentary text messages to those seemingly difficult lecturers. If they have birthday, send them nice messages and if possible, publish their birthday on your Facebook timeline and tag them. These are little things that helps a big deal.

Pray: If you have tried all these and fail, then do not neglect to use the weapon of prayer. The Holy Bible says, “The heart of king is in the hands of God”. If you have tried all these above stated steps and the lecturer still prove impossible, then use the altar of prayer. In fact, if you use the altar of prayer very well, then the lecture will be the one obeying you. Send you the case to the court of heaven where he will be judged and given instructions concerning you. You can overcome that seemingly difficult lecturer.

In conclusion, no matter how hard beans might be, when you heat it with time, it will become soft. In like manner, you can win the heart of those difficult lecturers.
https://infoducation.com.ng/how-to-overcome-difficult-lecturers/

Good points,but advising a lady to visit her lecturer and call him is dangerous. It may seem as an innocent act,but then remember that "overfamiliarity breeds contempt."
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Juliearth(f): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2018
agabaI23:
Describe what you meant by "difficult lecturers"
@chikachuks1

Exactly! There are different categories of the aforementioned and for each category, different tactics need to be applied.
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Gafar14(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2018
Jobabori:
The main task is to work well and seek no preferential treatment or attention. I do not care to know if a lecturer is difficult or not once I am ready to do my work effectively. I do not seek for favour from any lecturer neither do I want him or her to notice me but if I am asked to go one kilometer in his or her course, i will make effort to add extra kilometers.
you are very much correct.
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by HeirApparent(m): 9:05am On Aug 28, 2018
Jobabori:
The main task is to work well and seek no preferential treatment or attention. I do not care to know if a lecturer is difficult or not once I am ready to do my work effectively. I do not seek for favour from any lecturer neither do I want him or her to notice me but if I am asked to go one kilometer in his or her course, i will make effort to add extra kilometers.

You've simply hit the nail on the head.
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
34 days to gradation. i don't Give a duck
when your mate are already a graduate.. your school is very slow..
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by sammer4life(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2018
You mean Dr. Ugwueze ? Lol
eliskelly:
There is one younger lecturer in political science dept. University of Nigeria Nsukka. He can lecture well and even furnish us with materials free of charge. My problem is that he doesn't accept compliment from any student. He is unapproachable. We have tried everything but he appears too strict. He has zero tolerance for exam malpractice and always displace students who has penchant for exam malpractices. With this descriptions, you can relate if you are in UNN. How do we make him our friends?
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Dicksonpal: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2018
Humchi:
People like me will never get difficulties with lecturers.

Be the most quiet person.

Throughout my secondary school days, i never had a problem with teachers.

Me come school, sit down my own jeje, no noise.

I became popular because of my gentle and quiet character.
secondary school, dont be too quite in the university
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by dejiogundipe(m): 10:52am On Aug 28, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
34 days to gradation. i don't Give a duck

Which school?
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Skyeplus(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2018
Do u know some lecturers confraternity gist about numbers of girls they've been wit and even set targets for certain period i.e quarter(3 months) within their-selves...now come to tink of it, a good looking and naturally endowed lady who seats in front and ask questions isn't dat disastrous for her safe passage through d university. once u are marked u cant escape it, u only need God's grace. i av friend whose project supervisor was changed and wula!, its her stalking lecturer dat was made d new supervisor..she's yet to defend her project now cause she's yet to d defend d one d lecturer wanted her to behind closed door
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Urchskata: 11:34am On Aug 28, 2018
chikachuks1:
Many lecturers unnecessarily seem to be difficult, tough and impossible. Sometimes, you are forced to wonder how the wife and children of such lecturers cope with them. In the next few lines, I want to show you some simple steps on how to overcome these difficult lecturers. Mathematics has taught that every problem has a solution. Many students’ efforts are constantly been frustrated as a result of these kind of lecturers.

I have outlined some simple but real steps on how to overcome complex and difficult lecturers. If you apply these tips, very soon all your lecturers will start smiling with you and your result will also be smiling. Severally, I have met students who complain about a particular lecturer. In fact, in some cases, once they hear that the result for the previous semester is out, all they are interested in is to know their grade in that lecturers’ course. There are some lecturers who are really difficult, but there are some who are not. It is just that some of them pretend to be difficult lecturers, but if you go close to them, they are not. These are the few point for your consumption.

Attend all lecture and seat in the front: The very first step to overcome difficult lecturers is to always attend their classes. Not just attending their classes but sitting at the front seat. The reason is because the more they see your face, the more they know you better. There are some lecturers who are naturally gifted to the point that whenever they see your face, they will recognize you any other place. If you have a problem in a course and you approach the lecturer for help, the first thing he will do is to confirm if you are his student. Thus if you are always at the front seat, it will be an added advantage because your face will no longer be strange to him. Even if your lecturers do not know your name, ensure that they know your face. Always seeing you in classes will convince him that you are a serious student. Thus if you have any issue, it will not be hard for him to help you out.

Perform well in their courses: If you must overcome difficult lecturers, you must always perform well in their courses. Truth be told, there is a kind of grade you score in a particular course that the reverse will become the case. The lecturer will come looking for you himself. And as such the both of you become friends. Observe carefully that in most cases, it the average and dull students that have issues with lecturers. You will hardly see a first class or second class upper student having issues with lecturers. If you must break the code of your difficult lecturers, then you must ensure that you perform very well in their courses. By so doing, you will be on the advantaged side.

Ask questions: As much as been present for lecturers is important, ensure you ask questions frequently. This is the fastest strategy to make your lecturers know you. But then, you must ensure that you do not ask silly questions like many students do. It irritates many lecturers. Ask meaningful questions and by so doing, those difficult lecturers who have problem with smiling will begin to smile with you. From smiling, the relationship will graduate to laughing. Lecturers love when students ask them questions. This will prove to them that you are really understanding what they are teaching you.

Visit them in their offices: To overcome difficult lecturers, visit them in their offices once in a while. Remember that if you have issues with your lecturer, you are the one to suffer it. Your lecturer has graduated many years ago and you are still in school. Try as much as possible to visit them. If for nothing, to briefly gist with them, ask them questions or even run few errands for them. If you can do this one very well, you will never score less than a B in the lecturers’ course. Make friends with your lecturers. One of the secret of been a successful student is to love all your lecturers and courses.

Send them complimentary messages: Learn to send complimentary text messages to those seemingly difficult lecturers. If they have birthday, send them nice messages and if possible, publish their birthday on your Facebook timeline and tag them. These are little things that helps a big deal.

Pray: If you have tried all these and fail, then do not neglect to use the weapon of prayer. The Holy Bible says, “The heart of king is in the hands of God”. If you have tried all these above stated steps and the lecturer still prove impossible, then use the altar of prayer. In fact, if you use the altar of prayer very well, then the lecture will be the one obeying you. Send you the case to the court of heaven where he will be judged and given instructions concerning you. You can overcome that seemingly difficult lecturer.

In conclusion, no matter how hard beans might be, when you heat it with time, it will become soft. In like manner, you can win the heart of those difficult lecturers.
https://infoducation.com.ng/how-to-overcome-difficult-lecturers/
Hahahah!!! This can only work for guys but for girls it will be different story entirely, because the lecturer will think the girl is falling for him and the next thing is to try to sleep with the girl and if she refused reverse will be the case, her problems begins. Not a good advice for girls.
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by rowdymind(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
asuustrike1:
Good job.
You Deserve To Be Shot!!!
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
rowdymind:

You Deserve To Be Shot!!!
Experience is teacher. Op wrote based on experience not perception. I was thinking you would criticized him based on the article skewed towards public university lecturers in Nigeria but no you didn't spot that. If you had passed through what op asserted, you would understand and relate better
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by chikachuks1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2018
Evidence1000:
I agree with everything minus that visiting in the office part. It's harmful to ladies especially. Here in OAU, if you try it with some lecturers, then sorry would be your middle name.

you're right sir thanks for the observation
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by rowdymind(m): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
asuustrike1:

Experience is teacher. Op wrote based on experience not perception. I was thinking you would criticized him based on the article skewed towards public university lecturers in Nigeria but no you didn't spot that. If you had passed through what op asserted, you would understand and relate better
...You Had To Quote The Entire Epistle
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by rowdymind(m): 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2018
These People Criticizing The Op Lack Basic Understanding.
1) The Poster Is Male And Can Only Experience What He Is Advising Against As One
2) I Believe His Advice Won't "take Itself" You Have The Sole Right To Either Incline/decline His Advice
3) I Don't Have Strenght Today!!!
Re: How To Overcome Difficult Lecturers by KendrickAyomide: 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
dejiogundipe:

Which school?

Auchi polytechnic

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Mind Blow Facts I Bet You Never Knew About / Updates On ASUU Strike / JAMB 2018- Simple Guides As UTME Begins On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.