Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

3 Basic Things To Consinder To Be A Great Writer Of Our Time - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 3 Basic Things To Consinder To Be A Great Writer Of Our Time (298 Views)

Need To Hire A Great Writer? / Happy Birthday To A Great Writer . #LARRY SUN / Chimamanda Adichie Listed In Einstein Foundation’s “100 Visionaries Of Our Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Basic Things To Consinder To Be A Great Writer Of Our Time by marenx: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
3 basic things to consinder to be a great writer

People still need good write-up. They want to be entertained. And being a great writer is not a rocket science. A person can write more than 600-page book in less than a year.

Every aspiring writer needs these tips:

Have a style that works

Editors and readers won't read weak prose. Never.

All kinds of writing should do two things: entertain and deliver the message.

You should spend a time trying to craft such writing.

Have a goal

If not, find it difficult to stay put. One must have something she wants to achieve.

If you want to have your work in all bookshops, literary magazines and public libraries, you will find it easy to start writing.

Promote yourself

People dont read your work until everyone talks about it. Make people on media talk about it. Dont hesitate to have paid interview of any kind, just make sure you are known for your book.

Every hard worker deserves wages.
Re: 3 Basic Things To Consinder To Be A Great Writer Of Our Time by marenx: 4:46am On Aug 30, 2018
For her best interest

"She used her husband's phone line to call me, her phone line is in her purse for a reason best known to her. She is eloped for her best interest."
"Or for a reason that I couldn't disturb her with useless phone calls", I said.
"They arrived UK yesterday. Just yesterday." She had a lot of work. She was cutting carbon papers to draw letters according to colors. Pregrade need variety. She carried a marker. Blue, I guessed, or black, the one that could match. She was hurry or something. "I suppose", she said, "you've got over the anger. Or you still think I am kidding. Or perhaps she does not belong to you. Or it must take time first, I guess, she still belongs to you."
"Not really, that's why I'm nervous."
"You want to tell me something, I guessed."
"I want to tell you I miss her."
"She still belongs to you."
"In UK?"
She touched her neck down below her left ear where her artificial hair had a boundary with her collar. "You could change the way your head looks."
"You could. You could also improve or damage your beauty through that."
"You don't refer indirectly to me."
"Not this time."
She traced the letters with makers of different colors--blue, red, maroon, black, green, violet. The style slowed the work but made it straight.
The room was always bright so I looked through the window to see the whether. The cloud insisted in the southern sky up the hill.

(1) (Reply)

Top Best Quote Of The Week / The Unending List Of Troubles Nigerians Go Through Daily / Readers Are Leaders? How Does It Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.