Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum (777 Views)

Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020 / Sayyeda Zainab Bint Ali (as) In Court Of Yazid (la) / Prophet Muhammad Tops The List Of The Most Influential People Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum by Elbinawi: 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
#Ghadir khum

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don’t do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ...”(Qur’an 5:67).

It is impossible for the seal of all Prophets and Messengers of God (sa) to leave this world without appointing a successor. He has never left Madina without appointing a leader. Then why will he leave this world without appointing a successor?

Why did Abubakar and Umar appointed successors before their their deaths? The same reason that they appointed successors is the same reason why Prophet Muhammad (sa) appointed a successor at Ghadir Khum.

The "Tragedy of on Thursday" that was widely reported by Sahih Buhari and Muslim attested to the above narration. That power desperate gang that opposed the request of the Prophet for a paper to write clearly knows what he will write and what he will write will not be in their favour. So they screamed "Quran is enough for us!" Who are you to say such in the presence of the living Quran? Who are you?

Happy Ghadir to All!

#ElbinawiTweets

Re: Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum by Demmzy15(m): 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum by basugar441(m): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2018
meaning?
Re: Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum by AlBaqir(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
basugar441:
meaning?

Meaning that Islam was perfected on that day.

Al-Hafiz ibn Kathir documents in his Tafsir al-Quran al-Azeem:

[ و ] قال ابن جرير : وقد قيل : ليس ذلك بيوم معلوم عند الناس ، ثم روي من طريق العوفي عن ابن عباس في قوله : ( اليوم أكملت لكم دينكم ) يقول : ليس ذلك بيوم معلوم عند الناس قال : وقد قيل : إنها نزلت على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في مسيره إلى حجة الوداع . ثم رواه من طريق أبي جعفر الرازي ، عن الربيع بن أنس .

قلت : وقد روى ابن مردويه من طريق أبي هارون العيدي ، عن أبي سعيد الخدري ; أنها أنزلت على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يوم غدير خم حين قال لعلي : " من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه " . ثم رواه عن أبي هريرة وفيه : أنه اليوم الثامن عشر من ذي الحجة ، يعني مرجعه عليه السلام من حجة الوداع .

Ibn Jarir said: It has been said: This is not a day known to people, then it is narrated from Awfi through Ibn Abbas who says: (This day I have perfected your religion for you): He says: This is not a day known to people. It has been said: it (the verse) is revealed to the Messenger of Allah,  peace be upon him, in the journey to the farewell hajj. Then it is (also) narrated through Abi Ja'far ar-Razi, from Rabi'i ibn Anas.

I said: It has been narrated from ibn Mardawi through Abi Haroun al-Hidi, from Abi Sa'id al-khudri (R): It (the verse) is revealed to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, on the day of Ghadir when he (the Messenger of Allah) said to Ali (Ibn Abi Talib): " Of whosoever I am his Mawla, then Ali is his Mawla".

Then, narration from Abi Hurairah and from him: It is the 18th day of Dhul Hijjah. That is, his (peace be upon him) returning from farewell Hajj.

http://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/display_book.php?idfrom=373&idto=373&bk_no=49&ID=380
Re: Prophet Muhammad Appointed Ali As His Successor At Ghadir Khum by AlBaqir(m): 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
In Tafsir al-Mizan of Allamah Sayyid Hussein Tabatabai, similar narration is documented thus:

Abu Muayyad Muwaffaq ibn Ahmad [al-Khwarazmi] has written in his book Fadail ‘Ali; he says, "Informed me the chief of the memorisers Shahrdar ibn Shirwayh ibn Shahrdar ad-Daylami among what he wrote to me from Hamadan, informed us Abul-Fath ‘Abdus ibn ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abdus al-Hamadani in writing, narrated to us ‘Abdullah ibn Ishaq al-Baghawi, narrated to us al-Husayn ibn ‘Alil alGhanawi, narrated to us Muhammad ibn ‘Abdur-Rahman az-Zarra‘, narrated to us Qays ibn Hafs, narrated to us ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn, narrated to us Abū Hurayrah from Abu Sa'id al-Khudri:

Verily, the day the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) called the people to Ghadir Khumm, he ordered so that the thorns under the trees were swept aside, and that was a Thursday, when he called the people to ‘Ali and holding his arm, he lifted it until people were looking at the whiteness of his armpits; then both did not separate from one another until this verse was revealed: [This day have I perfected for you your religion and have completed My favour on you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion]. Then the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.) said, " Allahu Akbar! for perfecting the religion and completing the bounty and for pleasure of the Lord with my Messengership and the wilayah of ‘Ali."…

Source: al-Allamah as-Sayyid Muhammad Husayn at-Tabataba'i, al-Mizan, [English translation: First edition 2001/1422, Translated from the Arabic: al-Mizan fi tafsiri al-Qur'an, vol.5, Beirut,1394/1974 (2nd ed.)] (Tranlated by: Sayyid Saeed Akhtar Rizvi WOFISWorld organization for Islamic Services Tehran – Iran), Vol. 10, p. 266

(1) (Reply)

Be A Muslim Today Or: / I Sincerely Mean It: / Abuzola Vs Olanajim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.