Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy (21163 Views)

India overtakes China as most populous nation, added 23m babies in 2022 / India Overtakes U.K. To Become Fifth Largest Economy In The World / Can This Be True: Islamization Of Britain As At 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

""hold us down""

gringringrin.

U can never be an Igbo man.

You are not the first to accuse me of that, so I'm not surprised

Any Igbo person who does not reason in "that box" is not an Igbo person to you people

But what you all think will not change anything
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Gerrard59(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2018
seye15627:

I once discussed this with my colleagues that not everyone should be allowed to vote. Voters should have basic requirements like formal education at least even if it's the school for aged ones at least. What do you expect from a system where Fulani herdsmen, almajiri kids, unenlightened market women and men, agbero in large number, few literates make decisions on your behalf. We've been scammed! The voting system and co should be centred around formal education and its institutions, at least. They should make the decisions at the higher level like the federal, state, legislation level while at the local level everyone should be included. That's organisation not all this wuruwuru to the answer. At least the institutions and its entities will be responsible for their decision, either it makes or destroy us. Who has the system affected most? Does the average Fulani and co cares about the effects of our foolishness? Your datas are everywhere from schools to banks to jobber man etc.You(the literate citizens)are a Nigerian more than any other group cos you can be identified easily as one. You have so many things at stake, you've spent so much, money wise, your time to have an edge in life only for some group to frustrate that. In this case, I think restructuring will be better but might not favour every region especially the least educated regions as without proper education, they won't be in one accord with one voice.

Well, at the end of the day, educated people campaigned hard and voted for Buhari. I mean people with MBAs, PhDs etc. So it makes no difference.

1 Like

Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ugosample:

You are not the first to accuse me of that, so I'm not surprised

Any Igbo person who does not reason in "that box" is not an Igbo person to you people

But what you all think will not change anything

Wen u were born away from igbo land n u grew away from Igbo land n u have a Hausa or Yoruba mother and u also reason like Awusa or Yoruba people n u lack Igbo sense.........Bros u be Afonja to we IGBOS; D.
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Wen u were born away from igbo land n u grew away from Igbo land n u have a Hausa or Yoruba mother and u also reason like Awusa or Yoruba people n u lack Igbo sense.........Bros u be Afonja to we IGBOS; D.

Look at this one undecided

So someone MUST reason in a certain way to be Igbo?

Yes you are right, I was born in Lagos, grew up in Lagos; spent some time in the east, but most of my growing up yrs was in Lagos

You don't have to "reason a certain way" or look a certain way to be an Igbo person

If your father/mother is Igbo, you are one

period cheesy grin
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ugosample:

Look at this one undecided

So someone MUST reason in a certain way to be Igbo?

Yes you are right, I was born in Lagos, grew up in Lagos; spent some time in the east, but most of my growing up yrs was in Lagos

You don't have to "reason a certain way" or look a certain way to be an Igbo person

If your father/mother is Igbo, you are one

period cheesy grin

"" So someone MUST reason in a certain way to be Igbo?
Yes you are right, I was born in Lagos, grew up in Lagos; ""

It's all obvious that u are an Afonja, I have already had a few conversations wit u n I quickly discovered that u could be afonja. Basically u don't reason like igbos, U grew up outside Igbo land and u know extremely little about eastern nigeria. That is why u keep making senseless arguments about ports in eastern nigeria that u have a zero knowledge of its location or functionality.

U are like Yorubas, they NEVER travel outside SW n yet u find them offline n online arguing about northern n eastern nigeria that they have never set foot on gringringrin.

"" the geographic position of Lagos is one of its biggest advantages ""

Meanwhile am still waiting for u to explain this very stupid statement u have been making. pls see above grin
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

"" So someone MUST reason in a certain way to be Igbo?
Yes you are right, I was born in Lagos, grew up in Lagos; ""

It's all obvious that u are an Afonja, I have already had a few conversations wit u n I quickly discovered that u could be afonja. Basically u don't reason like igbos, U grew up outside Igbo land and u know extremely little about eastern nigeria. That is why u keep making senseless arguments about ports in eastern nigeria that u have a zero knowledge of its location or functionality.

U are like Yorubas, they NEVER travel outside SW n yet u find them offline n online arguing about northern n eastern nigeria that they have never set foot on gringringrin.

"" the geographic position of Lagos is one of its biggest advantages ""

Meanwhile am still waiting for u to explain this very stupid statement u have been making. pls see above grin

"I'm like Afonha that has never travelled outside SW "

This must be a joke grin

I've travelled the length and breadth of Nigeria, (more than half of rge states in Nigeria) and even other countries too (I don't even live in Nigeria atm)

Where and where have YOU been to in Nigeria?
Yet in your deluded self, I have not travelled outside SW before

The only SE state I have not been to is Abia state and Ebonyi

Anambra state I know very well and still visit once in a while to meet with friends I left behind there

And yes, the geographical position of Lagos has given it a big advantage
Close to the sea,, good weather, and close to other west African countries

That's a geographical advantage

Lagos position as former fct is another advantage it has

A city close to the sea has a Groningen advantage than those inland eg SE states
That's the truth

You can talk to me as you like, but me and my family have refused to think in that "conventional box" many of you guys who were born and brought up in the SE have been conditioned to reason.

undecided
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2018
Ugosample:

"I'm like Afonha that has never travelled outside SW "

This must be a joke grin

I've travelled the length and breadth of Nigeria, (more than half of rge states in Nigeria) and even other countries too (I don't even live in Nigeria atm)

Where and where have YOU been to in Nigeria?
Yet in your deluded self, I have not travelled outside SW before

The only SE state I have not been to is Abia state and Ebonyi

Anambra state I know very well and still visit once in a while to meet with friends I left behind there

And yes, the geographical position of Lagos has given it a big advantage
Close to the sea,, good weather, and close to other west African countries

That's a geographical advantage

Lagos position as former fct is another advantage it has

A city close to the sea has a Groningen advantage than those inland eg SE states
That's the truth

You can talk to me as you like, but me and my family have refused to think in that "conventional box" many of you guys who were born and brought up in the SE have been conditioned to reason.

undecided

"" (I don't even live in Nigeria atm) ""

grin

Exactly as I thought, u don't even live in Nigeria and u know better than people who are on ground n knows how many ports Nigeria has, location of those ports n also has knowledge about our eastern ports that have been left to die or converted to naval base by Awusa n Yoruba.

Book mark my profile. Wen next u come to Anambra, chat me up lets visit all the sea n river ports in eastern nigeria so that u can get educated on the matter at hand so that u don't run around online talking about a region u know nothing about.

sincerely to me, I really think ur a kid, probably 22/23 years of age.

"" And yes, the geographical position of Lagos has given it a big advantage
Close to the sea,, good weather, and close to other west African countries ""

Mr Daftus so calabar n delta state n rivers state are far away from the sea, have terrible desert weather n 2.7 million nautical miles away from other African countries

Now I confirm that I am talking to a case of "schooling destroyed my education"" gringrin

"" A city close to the sea has a Groningen advantage than those inland eg SE states
That's the truth ""

America that we all know n dream to become like have 185 public sea n river ports, let me leave out the private ones. Sea n river ports have absolutely nothing to do with the location of a city, every city that has access to the sea needs a port to help to Carter for its need n help it develop. Pls stop acting like an uneducated blind fellow. To show u how important ports are, landlocked cities like northern nigeria cities like kaduna who have no access to the sea have dry ports (does that correct ur sense??)??.

"" I've travelled the length and breadth of Nigeria, (more than half of rge states in Nigeria) ""

That u came for a wedding in Enugu wen u were schooling in Anambra n went back the same evening doesn't mean u have any knowledge about Enugu state grin.

"" You can talk to me as you like, but me and my family have refused to think in that "conventional box" many of you guys who were born and brought up in the SE have been conditioned to reason ""

Ur family have been living outside eastern nigeria for 30 - 50 years now so we don't expect u to know anything about our homeland n the challenges that it faces, Ur family is completely unqualified for that. Eastern Nigeria is empty, it is void of federal projects. The roads here are the most terrible in Nigeria, the entire federal road network in SE combined together is smaller than just one stretch of well tarred federal road in Maiduguri and yet till today ALL SE roads are on a state of comatose. Agriculture wise, u can't spot one structure built by the federal ministry of agriculture in Igbo land in the last 50 years. SE have been starved of any form of development since 1970, Only people who have lived in Lagos their whole lives have a zero knowledge of this. Pls stop diagracing urself
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Development isn't by sharing available funds to win people over but by inspiring productivity and making people work productively.
I wish our leaders will see this and stop playing inter-regional domination politics with our lives.

At the rate Nigeria is growing in population alone any wealth acquired by even the artificial regional billionaires like Dangote wont be able to correct the damage sustained nationally on their road to those riches.

Nigeria is heading speedily for the 350 million population mark and it will be a painful thing to see that in all our years of easy money we didnt position the populace to be overall contributors ti the system but burden who feel entitled to hand outs and welfare support.

Imagine a case where instead of 200 million people contributing N5,000 each to the economy the economy is the one trying to keep up with distribution of that amount to those people. Now imagine a situation where there no free and easy oil money in addition to the above.

then we will wake up and do the needful

California has equipped people to be contributors and only do welfare for the needy and not the lazy or the greedy with a negligible fraction of their wealth.

those needy will multiply till California collapses under the weight of its socialast policies or republicans stop sharing money
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

"" (I don't even live in Nigeria atm) ""

grin

Exactly as I thought, u don't even live in Nigeria and u know better than people who are on ground n knows how many ports Nigeria has, location of those ports n also has knowledge about our eastern ports that have been left to die or converted to naval base by Awusa n Yoruba.

Book mark my profile. Wen next u come to Anambra, chat me up lets visit all the sea n river ports in eastern nigeria so that u can get educated on the matter at hand so that u don't run around online talking about a region u know nothing about.

sincerely to me, I really think ur a kid, probably 22/23 years of age.

"" And yes, the geographical position of Lagos has given it a big advantage
Close to the sea,, good weather, and close to other west African countries ""

Mr Daftus so calabar n delta state n rivers state are far away from the sea, have terrible desert weather n 2.7 million nautical miles away from other African countries

Now I confirm that I am talking to a case of "schooling destroyed my education"" gringrin

"" A city close to the sea has a Groningen advantage than those inland eg SE states
That's the truth ""

America that we all know n dream to become like have 185 public sea n river ports, let me leave out the private ones. Sea n river ports have absolutely nothing to do with the location of a city, every city that has access to the sea needs a port to help to Carter for its need n help it develop. Pls stop acting like an uneducated blind fellow. To show u how important ports are, landlocked cities like northern nigeria cities like kaduna who have no access to the sea have dry ports (does that correct ur sense??)??.

"" I've travelled the length and breadth of Nigeria, (more than half of rge states in Nigeria) ""

That u came for a wedding in Enugu wen u were schooling in Anambra n went back the same evening doesn't mean u have any knowledge about Enugu state grin.

"" You can talk to me as you like, but me and my family have refused to think in that "conventional box" many of you guys who were born and brought up in the SE have been conditioned to reason ""

Ur family have been living outside eastern nigeria for 30 - 50 years now so we don't expect u to know anything about our homeland n the challenges that it faces, Ur family is completely unqualified for that. Eastern Nigeria is empty, it is void of federal projects. The roads here are the most terrible in Nigeria, the entire federal road network in SE combined together is smaller than just one stretch of well tarred federal road in Maiduguri and yet till today ALL SE roads are on a state of comatose. Agriculture wise, u can't spot one structure built by the federal ministry of agriculture in Igbo land in the last 50 years. SE have been starved of any form of development since 1970, Only people who have lived in Lagos their whole lives have a zero knowledge of this. Pls stop diagracing urself

I was in the SE last year on visit anyways

The Road leading to enugu from anambra state was too too bad
Well most portions of it.

Obiano and Peter Obi did well for AN
At least he is better tham that bastard from Imo (Okoroawusa)
Imo state roads are nothing compared to AN

I also visited the industrial layout (Ogbaru side sha) and the so called place the Second Niger bridge is supposed to pass thru

The level of commerce and business activities is commendable.

The only thing I never realky liked about my stay there is that for some reason, a lot of people there seem to believe that Nigeria is "holding them back"

And I did not school in the SE either.

You think "im 22-23?" grin

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm older than that.

Lagos still has the advantage I stand on that fact, and except you are deceiving yourself, you know its true

The ports in the delta should work up to it's full capacity; I'm not against that.

But thinking Lagos will fall apart from that is self deceit.

And yes, federal projects in the SE lie in a comatose state

But that's the way it is almost nationwide

Go to Edo, Kogi, Osun or Niger states for example and see the type of roads (federal) you see there.

in Nigeria we are victims of bad governance that's all.

NPA is not ready to invest on new project to revamp the ports, there are there to eat money

And yes, those cities close to the sea also has the geographical advantage

But no state in the SE does, and that's my point.
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ugosample:

I also visited the industrial layout (Ogbaru side sha) and the so called place the Second Niger bridge is supposed to pass thru

The only thing I never realky liked about my stay there is that for some reason, a lot of people there seem to believe that Nigeria is "holding them back"

Lagos still has the advantage I stand on that fact, and except you are deceiving yourself, you know its true

The ports in the delta should work up to it's full capacity; I'm not against that.

Go to Edo, Kogi, Osun or Niger states for example and see the type of roads (federal) you see there.

NPA is not ready to invest on new project to revamp the ports, there are there to eat money

"" The Road leading to enugu from anambra state was too too bad
Well most portions of it.""

Enugu - Owerri is always terrible.

Enugu - Umahia is also terrible.

Enugu - Ebonyi (a bit good, but its a small 1 lane).

Enugu - Rivers (accessed thru Enugu - imo - Abia) is also terrible.

"" The only thing I never realky liked about my stay there is that for some reason, a lot of people there seem to believe that Nigeria is "holding them back ""

On average Nigeria is holding us back from developing. If u discover who we truly are, U will understand why millions of igbos keep saying Nigeria is holding dem down.
The fact that too many people have been saying same should tell u that something is really amiss.

"" Lagos still has the advantage I stand on that fact, and except you are deceiving yourself, you know its true ""

Whatever advantage Lagos has, Calabar Delta rivers Ph, etc have it as well.

pls try n tour the city of Calabar wen next u come to the east, u will be amazed. Calabar remains the most beautiful n the best planned state in Nigeria.

As for Okoroawusa, he's not an Igbo man for real. He has a Hausa Father n an Igbo mother.

Nigeria is wasting the times of the igbos.

Later Mehn.
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by SternProphet: 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Development isn't by sharing available funds to win people over but by inspiring productivity and making people work productively.
I wish our leaders will see this and stop playing inter-regional domination politics with our lives.

At the rate Nigeria is growing in population alone any wealth acquired by even the artificial regional billionaires like Dangote wont be able to correct the damage sustained nationally on their road to those riches.

Nigeria is heading speedily for the 350 million population mark and it will be a painful thing to see that in all our years of easy money we didnt position the populace to be overall contributors ti the system but burden who feel entitled to hand outs and welfare support.

Imagine a case where instead of 200 million people contributing N5,000 each to the economy the economy is the one trying to keep up with distribution of that amount to those people. Now imagine a situation where there no free and easy oil money in addition to the above.

California has equipped people to be contributors and only do welfare for the needy and not the lazy or the greedy with a negligible fraction of their wealth.

You don't know what you are talking about. California is the engine is social welfare. They have been voting democrats for decades. YES there is support for the poor, easy money you call it. So why is it working in California?. I think people like respond to opportunities. If you stupidly allow your people to fall below poverty line like PDP did in Nigeria your internal consumption drops and since demand drives business, you will simply ruin your country GDP aground.
Buhari is giving free school feeding now. If we continue for just five more years, Nigerian agric will develop economies of scale and productivity in eggs, rice, beans, cassava and poultry that makes our products cheaper on the international market apart from helping GDP.

California is the home of US aerospace industries, high tech silicon valley, JPL, Hollywood, solar energy, wind farms et,c.. Everything futuristic and advanced about the US started there and they do social investment so let's think about it carefully. Republican states like Tenessee, Alabama, Louisiana don't do social investment and their poverty rate is almost Nigeria level

The most amateurish statement is to think that social investment programs (not social welfare) always lead to laziness or lack of initiative. Most human beings are built for success not for struggle for survival like animals. Take them above poverty line and watch them fly.

China most European economies and some African countries have social investment programmes and they are working.
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by CodeTemplar: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
SternProphet:

You don't know what you are talking about. California is the engine is social welfare. They have been voting democrats for decades. YES there is support for the poor, easy money you call it. So why is it working in California?. I think people like respond to opportunities. If you stupidly allow your people to fall below poverty line like PDP did in Nigeria your internal consumption drops and since demand drives business, you will simply ruin your country GDP aground.
Buhari is giving free school feeding now. If we continue for just five more years, Nigerian agric will develop economies of scale and productivity in eggs, rice, beans, cassava and poultry that makes our products cheaper on the international market apart from helping GDP.

California is the home of US aerospace industries, high tech silicon valley, JPL, Hollywood, solar energy, wind farms et,c.. Everything futuristic and advanced about the US started there and they do social investment so let's think about it carefully. Republican states like Tenessee, Alabama, Louisiana don't do social investment and their poverty rate is almost Nigeria level

The most amateurish statement is to think that social investment programs (not social welfare) always lead to laziness or lack of initiative. Most human beings are built for success not for struggle for survival like animals. Take them above poverty line and watch them fly.

China most European economies and some African countries have social investment programmes and they are working.
I hate it when people try to sell bad argument by adding irrelevant facts to it.
Calofonia is investing in people development and not trying to buy votes with money that isn't available.
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ugosample:

This was a statement from my Yoruba friend u for 3 decades insisted that no one is holding igbos down n that igbos are always claiming marginalization.

Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2018
PrecisionFx:

This was a statement from my Yoruba friend u for 3 decades insisted that no one is holding igbos down n that igbos are always claiming marginalization.

Where in this world do importers get tax cuts undecided

Instead the govt should chase these Chinese muthafukkas away, then slam heavy duties on their goods, so that the industries we as Igbos used to have will thrive again.

We are caught in this importation web because the Chinese are under cutting us.

International airport = Enugu has been upgraded to an international airport, and Asaba airport is also there (even if it's local) And Ph airport is not too far off, so I don't really see that as a problem

In the entire north, big, gigantic north, only Aminu Kano and Nnamdi Azikwe are what is close to being international airports, Aninu Kano does not even get as much traffic sef

And Yes, The federal roads should be fived too.

The SE gets a lot of heavy rainfall, so the road built there should be strong to withstand that

The north is lucky that they don't get as much rainfall; so whatever type of road you build there, it will last longer.

And hey, Dangote isn't much into importation anymore
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by ernieboy(m): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2018
Ugosample:

the geographic position of Lagos is one of its biggest advantages
Being a former fct ialso added to it's advantages

Lagos being Lagos is not about the ports, that's what you guys don't get

you sound like one of my uncles who keep shouting that "Nigeria is keeping us down" bullcrap

reviving the ports will nit scratch Lagos much really because you think up to 20% of the population in Lagos will just move eastward because of the ports?
you are tripping
Kano is up north, has access to no port, yet more populous and prosperous than any state in the South minus Lagos

So go find another excuse

when does population necessarily equate to economic increase? take away federal allocations how many southern economies can kano economy match?
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2018
ernieboy:
when does population necessarily equate to economic increase? take away federal allocations how many southern economies can kano economy match?

you think it's the applications that sustain Kano?

You obviously have not been to Kano

Take away allocations from ALL states in Nigeria today and most southern States are going to be in trouble too grin grin

Even Imo state

Their position as a trade hub for centuries is Kano's biggest strength

That's why there is a difference between Kano and Jigawa, or Kano and Zamfara
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ugosample:

Where in this world do importers get tax cuts undecided

Instead the govt should chase these Chinese muthafukkas away, then slam heavy duties on their goods, so that the industries we as Igbos used to have will thrive again.

We are caught in this importation web because the Chinese are under cutting us.

International airport = Enugu has been upgraded to an international airport, and Asaba airport is also there (even if it's local) And Ph airport is not too far off, so I don't really see that as a problem

In the entire north, big, gigantic north, only Aminu Kano and Nnamdi Azikwe are what is close to being international airports, Aninu Kano does not even get as much traffic sef

And Yes, The federal roads should be fived too.

The SE gets a lot of heavy rainfall, so the road built there should be strong to withstand that

The north is lucky that they don't get as much rainfall; so whatever type of road you build there, it will last longer.

And hey, Dangote isn't much into importation anymore

"" And hey, Dangote isn't much into importation anymore
""

Read my lips - Dangote is an extremely heavy importer and DANGOTE CEMENT IS MANUFACTURED ABROAD grin.

And if u say "anymore" then let FG give igbos the ones they have given Dangote in the past.

""
In the entire north, big, gigantic north, only Aminu Kano and Nnamdi Azikwe are what is close to being international airports, Aninu Kano does not even get as much traffic sef ""

The north no de go abroad grin.
Most people who travel abroad in Nigeria are IGBOS. The international airport came to Enugu because GEJ appointed a daughter of the soil n Yorubas fought her for bitterly till the very end because of the conversion of Enugu airport to international. FG still needs to do a whole lot of work in Enugu airport.

" And Yes, The federal roads should be fived too "

Im just confirming to u that the roads are so terrible. He used the Enugu onitsha expressway n confirmed that there's no worse road in Nigeria.

""" Where in this world do importers get tax cuts ""

Bros Pls nah, I thought u said u went to skol grin
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by urahara(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
post=70672338:
This is quite impressive

California's gdp is greater than that of the whole of Africa combined , this is more than impressive.
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by grandstar(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
higgs:
My brother, the government owned refineries are not working due to corruption and mismanagement.Even if the government builds new refineries, they will still end up like the old ones. By the way, there are no government owned companies in California. The economy of California is purely private sector driven, dominated by tech firms.

What you said is true referring to the refineries.

The broom that swept the first wife away is waiting to sweet the new one away

1 Like

Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by grandstar(m): 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
CodeTemplar:
The Link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5694463/California-overtakes-Britain-worlds-fifth-largest-economy.html

California's economy has overtaken that of the United Kingdom to become the world's fifth largest, according to new federal data made public on Friday.
The Golden State's gross domestic product rose by $127 billion from 2016 to 2017, surpassing $2.7 trillion, driven by strong productivity.
Meanwhile, the UK's economic output slightly shrunk over that time when measured in U.S. dollars to reach $2.625 trillion, due in part to exchange rate fluctuations

Though it's the biggest in terms of GDP per state, it does not reflect in the lives of many of it's citizens.

Many are poor and housing is expensive. I feel too much regulation despite it's wealth is holding it back

1 Like

Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by urahara(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
grandstar:

Though it's the biggest in terms of GDP per state, it does not reflect in the lives of many of it's citizens.

Many are poor and housing is expensive. I feel too much regulation despite it's wealth is holding it back

By Western standards grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
grandstar:

What you said is true referring to the refineries.

The broom that swept the first wife away is waiting to sweet the new one away
yes indeed
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by Ugosample(m): 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
grandstar:

Yea

The homeless situation is embarassing in California

A WHOLE CALIFORNIA undecided
Re: Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy by tck2000(m): 10:00am On Aug 07, 2019
tomakint:
Once the 7th largest economy in the world now 5th, California a State in the United States is definitely not slowing down and to think an oil rich state like Texas ranks no where near this Technology dominated California with the likes of HP, Apple, Oracle, Warner Brothers Studio etc contributing to this State's revenue takes strong determination to succeed and perfect genius at work.
yup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali / Ghana Deploys 205 Troops To Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.