Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (54124 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / Meet Okorogheye Orisheneye David, 15-Year-Old Who Scored 9 A's In WAEC, 332 JAMB / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Jckleiin(m): 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
yeyerolling:
I know many pple who grad from unilag at 18 and 19. Dey shud carry this fake news commot
Dont mind them with their fake news, my sis got admission at 15 and graduated at 19
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by ifex370(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
Jimmy231:
you get A's you better go face your study. You are you young to be here

No oo.. I mean I was 15 when I got admitted too..

Although I'm through with school
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Cumtroller:
Is he from the south-west? Is he an Afonja?

I am not being tribalistic here, just an innocent question ‘cus I know the youths from the south-waste specialize in the “Harvesting” and “Mining” sectors.

The boy is a confirm delta boy, from warri.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by jefff455: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Oh bro sorry

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Evangkatsoulis: 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
einsteine:

Nothing wrong here. Even in the US, elite performers are given special coaching. In the past, only elite performers are even allowed to progress their education. At least, the so-called "inferior" students have the opportunity to get regular education. There's nothing wrong in providing special classes to those who have shown their academic ability.

In the US, it is special classes for high iq(gifted) pupils not for academic performance. Here in nigeria they think that the ones in 1st position are more intelligent than others.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by PreciousBro: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2018
This is a ridiculous rule. Putting to perspective the margin of his chronical age and mental age. Not to mention the fact that biology proves pubescence in a year difference in adolescents are almost nonexistent on every body parts and or organs regarding growth. It's a dicey one, it could either be a huge difference or not at all.

The rule was established by charlatans with no good intentions for our educational system. Better put,people with no inkling of intelligence or academia competence.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2018
sweetyme001:
Alright!!! This is the real wizkid not the other one increasing the population of Nigeria.
nothing special about this kid, education is overrated and overhyped in Nigeria
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
Orezy5:

http://sunnewsonline.com/shocker-age-bars-wizkid-9-a1s-wassce-332-utme-studying-medicine/amp/

So he can't get a sponsor in a private university base on his academic excellence. If it were to be Big Brother Naija they will definitely get sponsors. This is why Nigeria don't grow, we don't encourage education.

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by victorsa00: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2018
this stuff affected me too...15 Years ,mbbs but in my case they did not even allow me to write post ume
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by victorsa00: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
Lamzee:
Let someone register him for SAT exam
this is smartest idea anyone has proposed
he shoud apply to american universities and scholarships will be looking for him
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by GreatAchiever1: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Auladimeji:
Some parent are mad,a child is not up to the age of going to a university yet you allowed him to write the exam,why can't they let him channels that energy of studying for university to coding

I get what u're trying to say... But u just cant force anyone to learn coding...
To do anything in life, u gat to have desire and passion(and by the Grace of God) to learn and do it inorder to b successful in it.
Since his passion is in medicine and neurosurgery. I believe with his hardwork and by the Grace of God... He can make it and do exploits there...

Everyone have their own calling and destiny, u just have to pray and listen inorder not to miss it.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Anslemchiboy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
I don't trust private schools if it's government schools I will accept that
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by mechanics(m): 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
Congrats to him.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Tinyemeka(m): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
Auladimeji:
Some parent are mad,a child is not up to the age of going to a university yet you allowed him to write the exam,why can't they let him channels that energy of studying for university to coding

The boy said Medicine, not software development na.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by CioAngels(f): 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
He will use same result for next year according to what jamb agreed with nass.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Asour: 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
Rules are meant to apply to all.
This boy is "one of them all"
Therefore, rules apply to him.

Why should they bend the rule to suit him? I know many people who were not up to 16 at the time they got admission and had to defer their admission till the following year.

You are intelligent no doubt,boy but same law that applies to olodo shall also apply to you.

If you think law or a rule has become moribund, it can be refashioned to suit all but not saying that law should single you out and accord you any fucking preferential treatment.

It's not a law though, it's a rule.

Both Rules/laws could be relaxed for the right reasons.
It may be that the considerations that informed the age restrictions for the rule then are since outdated and due for review. I once heard that ones hands had to reach the other ear to be permitted to begin schooling in the 60s/70s. I am sure that's laughable today.
Laws/rules are to serve man and not the other way around.
Whenever they seem due for review, they should be to decide whether they should be scrapped or Continued.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Dizu(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
No force will stop u...in Jesus name...Amen
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by CioAngels(f): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2018
I'm very sure he is not a politicians child. Were to be it would been a straight admission with fun fair. Meanwhile, politicians child with just pass at 14 will be admitted. My boy, never to worry next year is round the corner.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
HigherEd:
This is wrong! I can only imagine the amount of undue pressure on these young boys to perform. This is also not good for the psychology and confidence of the "inferior" students. Whatever level of effort is being impacted should be done equally to all students. You are to help them all unlock their potentials and not create an unhealthy elite group in the class...

And i hope you people realise that when you put too much pressure on this "elite group" coupled with expectations from home and they eventually come short of your expectation you would have created emotionally dysfunctional children......
I totally agree with you. And I must confess I'm also surprised, the comments you always make on discussions relating to private Unis always smack me as elitist, which is not good for the society, not for the elites themselves and the left behind.
A family friend who is a teacher always jokingly tell her pupils that she will force them to acquire adequate learning, or else they will be robbers that disturb her children's life when she's gone, it captures all of my thought.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Bianda24: 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
David this, David that.... Davido the musician, David a man after God's own heart, David The whiz kid that blast Jamb and WASSE, David the software analyst, David the sexually active for Ilasa, David the handsome for Lekki. Na only David dey?
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by baum1: 12:01am On Aug 29, 2018
Please, what is the school fees charged at this school? Can a family living in Costain Area send their child there? Does this school have a boarding school, or is it just a day school?

They seem to make outstanding students.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by courna(m): 12:11am On Aug 29, 2018
ifiokjohn:
i doff my hat for this young whizkid...Nice one guy. Even my 255 and 6 Bs de learn work
hahahaha
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by uyisteven(m): 12:38am On Aug 29, 2018
****** Go to Covenant University.. They would gladly take you.. . Even get you David Oyedepo's Scholarship.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Johntemmy(m): 6:23am On Aug 29, 2018
kudos

get your strong hardwood for your roofing. call or WhatsApp me on 07060795767
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by bitcoinvin(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2018
Orezy5:

http://sunnewsonline.com/shocker-age-bars-wizkid-9-a1s-wassce-332-utme-studying-medicine/amp/

zoo country.
Human investment is the best but Northern Leaders will Rather say no;islam investment is the best.
Banana Republic
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by bitcoinvin(m): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2018
ifex370:
Thank God the age thing didn't delay me

lmao...u wey get admission at the age of 29 years
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by ifiokjohn(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2018
courna:
hahahaha
yippe
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by ifex370(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2018
bitcoinvin:

lmao...u wey get admission at the age of 29 years

Do you know me personally? grin

I say I got admitted at 15.. Is it your admission?
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by nkechiasogwa(f): 10:31am On Aug 29, 2018
Nigeria is full of confusion. They are now denying him admission with the stupid excuse that he is too young. Tomorrow when he will be applying for jobs, he will see stupid conditions like this: you must have a First Class degree, you must be below 15 years of age, you must have 30 years of experience, you must have a masters degree and relevant certifications. Where else in the world is such stupidity found if not only in Nigeria. I pray God to raise someone who will sponsor him on Scholarship to go abroad and study. He does not deserve to school in Nigeria with such exceptional academic feat. Our system is totally messed up yet they still impose useless barriers on people but for admissions and in the job market.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by zamanii: 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
HigherEd:
This is wrong! I can only imagine the amount of undue pressure on these young boys to perform. This is also not good for the psychology and confidence of the "inferior" students. Whatever level of effort is being impacted should be done equally to all students. You are to help them all unlock their potentials and not create an unhealthy elite group in the class...

And i hope you people realise that when you put too much pressure on this "elite group" coupled with expectations from home and they eventually come short of your expectation you would have created emotionally dysfunctional children......

My thoughts exactly. How can an administrator come out openly and gladly say you have identified students who will perform excellently and will focus on them? what then happens to the other students who paid the same fees and whose parents expect the very best from. We need to work on our mentality in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by baum1: 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2018
smiley shocked
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
Anslemchiboy:
I don't trust private schools if it's government schools I will accept that
Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilarious Note A Student Left For Her Roommate Fond Of Eating Her Food (pix) / Cobra Caught In Hall 4 Hostel This Morning / IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.