Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (54118 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / Meet Okorogheye Orisheneye David, 15-Year-Old Who Scored 9 A's In WAEC, 332 JAMB / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2018
Lol
Come carry 9 A's again na
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Racoon(m): 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2018
Why nah? This country kills moral. undecided undecided cry cry If nah aboki boy now he for don get admission teh teh.Bleep this shithole ruled & dominated by dumbass. angry angry
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Amberon11: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
Keep quiet, such stupid rule should be abolished with immediate alacrity. This mediocre rule can throw this Godsent child into depression and have his dreams shattered.
kaorama:
It is a rule not made for him. He can still do well again. Nothing to raise dust about.

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by spiritedtete: 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
What is he still doing in Nigeria.... He should sit for SAT and other exams apply for scholarship... The parent should try harder please.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by dominique(f): 4:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
Didn't Tobi Bakry claim he gained admission to same unilag at age 15 and graduated at 19? He should come and explain how he was able to pull it off

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by docadams: 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
The law is the law. I was barred in my time.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by sexiestharam(f): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Y
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by SaintLucia: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2018
If no be same the country don spoil finish from our education perspective. During my time, u have to be 18years and above before you can be admitted into the university unlike today where some children will not even finish their SS3 and instead write GCE straight just to get admission. Tell me wetin that kind pikin wan take develop him/herself when they enter university. Most of them are just interested in good grades but can't develop their self as an individual.

4 Likes

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Mac2016(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
WHAT A USELESS COUNTRY!

Like they forgot that Laplace became a Professor at 20

Buhari should wade into this issue.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by gurunlocker: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Hopefully the government can give him scholarship to study abroad if possible, that Mark must not waste...
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by meolaniyi(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
Thank God say no be Ibo. person for no hear word for this thread
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by pek(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
What is the shocker there? Was the rule made today or because of him?
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by MrBigiman: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
HigherEd:
50% of admitted students in Babcock, Covenant, Abuad are 15. He should do a change of course and apply to ABUAD. Getting a scholarship shouldn't be too hard for him....

Public universities don't admit students less than 16 while the private universities usually don't admit students above the age of 21 e.g CU, ABUAD. However, any university senate can easily lift that age restriction for exceptional cases. I'm surprised it wasn't done for this particular boy...
Lalasticlala

Very intelligent comment. Keep it up sir.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by 12345baba(m): 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
shebi the likes of adeboye and oyedepo no go see this one give scholarship now
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by 41lady(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
tstx:
Only in Africa
You are right only in Africa... in Asia u will see children of 20years doing master, I remembered, when I was undertaking my Msc. all the students are 25years below while we Africans are the papa of the class, 35years and above. Pls.. the government/university should allow the boy to study while the brain is still fresh and not occupied by stress and worry.
The current Malaysia minister of youth and sport is 25years old and he has vision and plans for the young generation. Let's encourage the young ones in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by xcrew20: 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
Auladimeji:
Some parent are mad,a child is not up to the age of going to a university yet you allowed him to write the exam,why can't they let him channels that energy of studying for university to coding
I love this dog.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by OlujobaSamuel: 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
we wont tell our senate to amend the Act guiding jamb, but blame the schools for following the law.
The is one of the crazy part of jamb law that needs to be thrown out, but we'd rather channel to fight wrongly.
My sis had to wait for a year before attempting jamb after ssce just because of this crazy rule, it's a pity that those within the academic system dont even know this is beyond unilag and more of a legal issue.
Our nass is useless and we are majorly useful in promoting their uselessness by taking sides in asking the right questions.
attached is jamb brochure for 2006/2007, This was the 2nd ume I wrote.
Check 1.1-04

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Jimmy231: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2018
ifex370:
Thank God the age thing didn't delay me
you get A's you better go face your study. You are you young to be here
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Pat081: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
Auladimeji:
Some parent are mad,a child is not up to the age of going to a university yet you allowed him to write the exam,why can't they let him channels that energy of studying for university to coding
ls better for you nt to kill d joy of ur children with dis ur dull brain sir
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Daeylar(f): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
Is this true? They don't allow students under 16 in unilag?

No one should say for all public universities because I know this is not true for all public universities.

He shouldn't feel bad, he just use the one year to develop himself psychologically.
So he'll enjoy uni more. He should just see it as a good thing.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Mankosi: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
15yrs when I still dey Jss class na him this one don finish and want enter university?
With the way wey small boys and girls dey enter university these days eh na with time lecturers go begin dey flog students for school be that cos university go now turn to school for small pikin dem.

2 Likes

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by atobs4real(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
Genius are born but scarce. Congrat bro.
Your admission will not pass you by.
Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by duduade: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2018
kaorama:
It is a rule not made for him. He can still do well again. Nothing to raise dust about.

Exactly he should rewrite
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Idrismusty97(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
They should allow him abeg, These young chaps are much more focused and determined. Although they might not be matured street wise and some little common sense things but they will definitely excel academically. With time they will also catch up street wise.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
SaintLucia:
If no be same the country don spoil finish from our education perspective. During my time, u have to be 18years and above before you can be admitted into the university unlike today where some children will not even finish their SS3 and instead write GCE straight just to get admission. Tell me wetin that kind pikin wan take develop him/herself when they enter university. Most of them are just interested in good grades but can't develop their self as an individual.
some kid has the bria, instead of you to talk about harvesting his potentials to the benefit of the nation or world at large you are busy calling him small boy.

what have you achieved as a big boy if i may ask?

and you wonder why the country is going backward?

You see small Chinese guys below 22 coming in our country as expatriates and look what you speak of?

shame on you...
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by BCISLTD: 5:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
the system failed him...im sure the stupid people at the registrar office didn't even assess his situation
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Idrismusty97(m): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
SaintLucia:
They usually get the good grades, But developing yourself as an individual is a choice and sometimes happens with time.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by Horlamidei(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
And work will be asking of not more than 25years of age not knowing of ASUU and admission denial! What a country!!
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by einsteine(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
HigherEd:
This is wrong! I can only imagine the amount of undue pressure on these young boys to perform. This is also not good for the psychology and confidence of the "inferior" students. Whatever level of effort is being impacted should be done equally to all students. You are to help them all unlock their potentials and not create an unhealthy elite group in the class...

And i hope you people realise that when you put too much pressure on this "elite group" coupled with expectations from home and they eventually come short of your expectation you would have created emotionally dysfunctional children......

Nothing wrong here. Even in the US, elite performers are given special coaching. In the past, only elite performers are even allowed to progress their education. At least, the so-called "inferior" students have the opportunity to get regular education. There's nothing wrong in providing special classes to those who have shown their academic ability.
Re: Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years by einsteine(m): 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
SaintLucia:

So someone must be a daddy before you graduate?

It is mentality like this that would ensure that this country continues to retrogress.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work / Which African Country Speaks The Best English? / Dr. Chidubem Obi Graduates With 5.0 GP In A Russian University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.