Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Nigerians, Not Politicians Are The Problem Of The Country: Here Is A Proof (pic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians, Not Politicians Are The Problem Of The Country: Here Is A Proof (pic) (416 Views)

Many Nigerians Not Mentally Stable – Psychologist / Coronavirus: IGP Tells Nigerians Not To Visit Police Stations For Social Visits / Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Not Politicians Are The Problem Of The Country: Here Is A Proof (pic) by Hopium: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2018
I saw a thread on this forum frontpage minutes ago; reading through you can see a glimpse of why the corrupt politicians are having a field day looting all they want (without questioning).

https://www.nairaland.com/4700633/man-rushed-hospital-big-nail

The thread link is above. A man was attacked by bandits and during the process, a big nail was shoveled into his throat. Gracefully, he didn't die and was rushed to Kano State Teaching Hospital.

Wow, lucky dude! You must have thought. But the highlight of the thread wasn't about that. "He remained calm" was the talk of the thread.

In the picture you could see the poor man "sitting" on a chair, with blood stain on his cloth, and a big nail (I've never seen a nail that big my entire life) having an entry and exit on his throat. What's more interesting: he was surrounded by people in the hospital, some of whom gave him a "paparazzi."

My countrymen, a man in a life threatening situation (in a government) hospital, given a paparazzi.

The emergency team: where are they? - No soul asked on the front page of the thread.

Most were concerned about how the abokis are strong, how humanity is wicked.

Again, no one questioned why the man wasn't already on the way to the emergency room.

The scene ought to be an eyesore to right-thinking people with the love for their life and neighbour, with a dream of a better Nigeria.

At this point, I can say with confidence that Nigerians dream for a better tommorow is only a dream on paper. We don't have what it takes to ask for good governance or push for the actualization a better tommorow.

It all seems like we are programmed to be on auto-pilot mode, to be zoombies. Then, there came a situation to ask for a "check and balance" in a poo medical situation, but we bluffed! A simple question: where are emergency team? was too big for us to reason and ask.

When will we as the citizens get our thinking right before questioning the manipulation and corrupt practices of our leaders. And one wonders, why would the bad politicians recycle themselves everytime and have the boldness to ask for our votes, over and over and over again?!

Of course, they knew: we are dunces and they are the smart folks.

In case you are still wondering what an emergency situation looks like in an hospital, below is what it looks like in a country where the people are thinking!

Little wonder why Nigerians in the diaspora never comes back. Why would they? Why should they?

Re: Nigerians, Not Politicians Are The Problem Of The Country: Here Is A Proof (pic) by Hopium: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2018
@Mods, kindly move the thread to the right sections, if it shouldn't be here. Thanks
Re: Nigerians, Not Politicians Are The Problem Of The Country: Here Is A Proof (pic) by BoboKush(m): 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2018
Re: Nigerians, Not Politicians Are The Problem Of The Country: Here Is A Proof (pic) by Sakie: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2018
Sense will not kill you op

(1) (Reply)

18 Effective Ways To Use Coconut Oil On Your Skin / Why Do I Pee So Much At Night???? / Tonic For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.