Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Ronaldo's Goal Voted Goal Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo's Goal Voted Goal Of The Season (242 Views)

Asisat Oshoala's Goal Voted Goal Of The Week In The NWSL / Benjamin Pavard's Goal Voted As The Best Of The 2018 World Cup / Desire Oparanozie's Rocket Goal Voted Goal Of The Month For February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Goal Voted Goal Of The Season by winosport: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Ronaldo’s overhead kick goal against current club Juventus has seen him edge out former teammate Gareth Bale and
Marseille star Dimitri Payet and scoop the top prize for 2017-18

The Portuguese boasts a remarkable collection of jaw-dropping strikes on his personal showreel, but an acrobatic bicycle kick at the Allianz Stadium is considered to be his very best.

The Portuguese winner agreed the goal is of the best in his career, when he stated at his unveiling as DAZN’s first Global Ambassador: “[It] was in my opinion one of the best goals of my career so far.

“And, of course, when the people started to applaud me in the stadium I was like, ‘wow’.
“[It] surprised me a lot because this has never happened in my life, so it was an unbelievable moment.”

Ronaldo’s effort in the first leg of the last-eight encounter in Turin helped Real to establish a 3-0 lead over Juventus.
They were to see that lead whittled away on home soil, but ultimately prevail courtesy of a late penalty goal from Ronaldo himself.
He would go on to help the Blancos conquer Europe for a third year in succession, landing him a fifth continental crown, while also finishing as the Champions League’s top scorer.

MY TAKE : I don’ t think that goal is one of Ronaldo’s best goals i think that is absolutely the best goal he has ever scored… I have seen over 400 of his goals I can ’ t think of any other goal that betters that over head kick against Juve.

I think Bale ’ s goal at the final against Liverpool should have been voted the best but who am i kidding voting in football these days isn’t about technique or merit they just look at
Ronaldo and Messi its when there is absolutely nothing coming from either that they painfully consider the existence of other players… really sad.
People say we should be happy to witness football in their era but me- I just can't wait till their hold on football and all footballing headlines is broken.

(1) (Reply)

Premier League Matchday - 6 Things To Look Out For / Barcelona To Monitor Paul Pogba Every Game!!! / Abia State Government Suspends Collection Of ₦100 Sports Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.