Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) (5735 Views)

Nigeria Vs England 5 - 2 (Copa Lagos 2011) / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm / Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Ruq: 9:59pm On Jun 28, 2010
If the goal was awarded when lampard scored it wont be easy to get a third goal for the Germans.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by lysaa(f): 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2010
@op
I like that. lol
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by adconline(m): 1:02am On Jun 29, 2010
As far as FIFA is concerned, if the ball did not rock the net, it is not a goal.
So the net takes precedence over the goal-line even though the goal-line precedes the net? seems  illogical. Get rid of the goal-line.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by mamagee3(f): 2:14am On Jun 29, 2010
This World Cup is beginning to get on my nerves! angry angry

When a player scores a goal, they disallow it claiming it was offside but when a player scores a goal and it's obviously offside they allow it.

I think FIFA should recommend glasses or eye contacts for all those blind referees of theirs. angry
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by boombell: 2:32am On Jun 29, 2010
@IYA NGBALI,i disagree with u,if the score have been 2-2 at that time things would av change and the final score might not be 4-2 as u put it.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by DiJuice(m): 8:14am On Jun 29, 2010
For me it is not wheather Germany won or if England could have won the game were the goal allowed. It is about how to modify the game so as to eliminate all these arguements caused by human error.

As of Now, a goal is only a goal when the referee says so. It is not a goal even if all the people in the stadium see it plus all the replay and slow motion when the referee does not see it.

Does this not leave too much power in the hands of the referee?? Dont forget that a lot of money $$BILLIONS are at stake in the game. Pride and patriotism are also ingridients that come to play here  too.

In my opinion all these can be enhanced if we use goal line technolgy to assist the referee. Tennis, Ice hockey and other games are already using technology to help the referee settle important disputes. I think football should adopt it.

But i ask myself " how we go take dey play our game now for that field wey dey mushin?? Abi na different kind football we go dey play?? So where we go get money take install goaline tech. for our own field for backyard
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by candylips(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2010
lol
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by mystolad(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2010
If coulibaly (Malian Refree) deserve to b sent home for disallowing US goal then the refrees dat refered England/Germany Argrntina/Mexico,CIV/Brazil n many others shud hav been sent home by now.Frank Lampard's goal is a good Goal while Carlos tevez and Luis Fabianos' goals shud av been disallowed, poor Refereeing.FIFA pls work 2wards dat, 'cos it's killing d game. Also FIFA help reduce RACISM to minimum ratio.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Genergo(m): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2010
Very Funny!!

Its also funny that some guys do not see the humour in the original post.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Olaolufred(m): 11:12am On Jun 29, 2010
IYA NGBALI
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its ok guys, we need not to quarel over dis,
let us award the goal dat was cancelled to england
so the scores now is GERMANY 4 - 2 ENGLAND
and the winner of the match is G E R M A N Y

Simple Arithmetic coupled with Daton's atomic theory of matter

Put the goal at Germ. (3)---- Eng. (2) , and not as you said above.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Goalzilla: 11:47am On Jun 29, 2010
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by bxcode(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2010
Faher:

Nairaland has lost it's humor. You're supposed to laugh.

@OP: That's some funny excreta you've got there. The referee's view perhaps? cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
IYA NGBALI:

its ok guys, we need not to quarel over dis,
let us award the goal dat was cancelled to england
so the scores now is GERMANY 4 - 2 ENGLAND
and the winner of the match is G E R M A N Y tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
You make sense my brother wink wink
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Roliks09: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2010
How difficult can it be to get a joke? I'm laughing my ass off here and some people are abusing the OP. Its called humourous! Laugh @ d joke!
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by bxcode(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
Roliks09:

How difficult can it be to get a joke? I'm laughing my backside off here and some people are abusing the OP. Its called humourous! Laugh @ d joke!
Laugh like tomorrow no dey grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by damilola15: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2010
aawwwww
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by deb(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
I can see people are really vexing but the post was meant to be a joke with the pic photoshoped
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 30, 2010
the best joke of the year grin grin
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 30, 2010
on a serious note, 10 of the referees who made blunders during 1st and 2nd round have been sent home (including the id1ot who didnt allow Lampard goal),LOL!!

The 10 referees deemed to be the worst in the tournament were excluded from the final list of elite officials who will be in contention to take charge of the all-important quarterfinal rounds onward.

All 10 packed up their things from the secret refereeing base near Pretoria – where the officials have lived in isolation since the start of the World Cup – and were due to catch flights home either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

In the list of those axed was Koman Coulibaly, the referee who gained notoriety for controversially denying the United States a potential game-winning goal against Slovenia in the group stage. Uruguay’s Jorge Larrionda, who committed the most high-profile mistake of the event by denying England’s Frank Lampard a goal against Germany, even though his strike landed more than two feet over the goal line.

Another referee to be sent home was Stephane Lannoy of France, a leading European official who was originally expected to take charge of key matches late in the tournament. But Lannoy’s fate was sealed when he sent off Brazil’s Kaka against the Ivory Coast for an innocuous challenge. So too was that of Italian Roberto Rosetti, who allowed Argentina’s hotly disputed first goal against Mexico in the round of 16.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/fifa-drops-refs-who-made-biggest-mistakes--fbintl_ro-badrefs062910.html

THIS WC IS A DISGRACE!!!!!
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by candylips(m): 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2010
more to come
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by chidichris(m): 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2010
blatter is old and can act funny without notice.
at old age, lines can be straight even when they are like what the original poster has above.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by vescucci(m): 1:49am On Jul 01, 2010
This thread is the reason why you ought to read the first post before posting
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by adebayo201: 2:06am On Jul 01, 2010
vescucci:

This thread is the reason why you ought to read the first post before posting

HAD IT BEEN IT IS 2-2, THE game will have not ended wit dat scores. But still Germany teams really look like machine dat day! undecided undecided
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by idifu(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2010
av said it times without number English boys dont understand football their techniques are weak.And it is why i dont like to watch their league
Lampard is over-rated,Gerrard is over-rated,Rooney is over-rated
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by idifu(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2010
even if the goal was counted Germany would definitely carried the day cuz those german boys were on fire and every body could notice it in dem they were all over the pitch unlike dem English boys who suck
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by adebayo201: 2:12am On Jul 03, 2010
idifu:

even if the goal was counted Germany would definitely carried the day cuz those german boys were on fire and every body could notice it in dem they were all over the pitch unlike dem English boys who suck

angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokyo 2020: Peak Sponsors Nigeria’s Paralympians / Botswana, Ghana, Guinea, Mali : AFCON 2012 Group D / Best Sport Prediction And Strategy Website In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.