Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,502 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing (2791 Views)

How To Fix All Dstv Now Error Codes || 503, Sna 403, Per 0, Per 1, Eve 403 / Google Has 3 New Apps That Could Help Reduce Phone Addiction / Apple Replaces Itunes With 3 New Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Hoodexboi(m): 5:26am On Aug 29, 2018
Good News to DStv Premium customers with a PVR decoder, DStv Compact Plus and Compact customers with an Explora as DStv Now Gets New Apps for Big Screen Viewing.
DStv Now, the Internet-based service with live sports, live TV, shows and movies on Catch Up, is now available via three new lean-back apps. These apps make it possible to turn any TV in the house into an easy-to-use DStv hub without the need for a decoder.
The new apps are available for the following devices:
 Samsung smart TVs (selected models from 2015 onwards)
 Apple TV (4th generation & newer) and
 Media players running Android TV (Google certified devices only)
Apps are also expected to

Read more @

http://www.hoodexblog.com.ng/2018/08/multichoice-unveils-dstv-now-new-apps.html?m=1
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by BoboKush(m): 6:35am On Aug 29, 2018
Good news but they shld reduce price....
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 29, 2018
What is the uses for me since I get all I wanted and more from Android TV where I can even watch almost all there premium programs for free apart paying for data services? No thanks to ntel for their generous data.
Am sure You will pay for DStv subscriptions and also need internet to stream it? Unless I don't understand how it will be done. But it will be very expensive.
Lalasticlala ,is it real?
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Alex80s(m): 7:14am On Aug 29, 2018
Dstvnow works on every android devices whether you subscribe or not. If you have a dstv decoder, just register with your smart card number. And can equally share password to 5 users. The only disadvantage is the data consumption though you can reduce the video quality. You can use your laptop too.
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Alejoc(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2018
Hello House, pls I just realised that SS3 Nigeria HD and Ss7 and some other channels are no longer on my bouquet, it happened during the second half of Man U vs Tottenham game and it hasn't been restored till date.....what could be wrong?
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by peeps4u: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2018
Alejoc:
Hello House, pls I just realised that SS3 Nigeria HD and Ss7 and some other channels are no longer on my bouquet, it happened during the second half of Man U vs Tottenham game and it hasn't been restored till date.....what could be wrong?

Which bouquet are you?
You might be enjoying a week bonus of SS 3, 7 and 8 before for subscribing on time. DSTV currently runs such promo now for a week of those channels.
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by ojotobiloba1: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2018
Alejoc:
Call dstv customer care no
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 29, 2018
priceaction:
What is the uses for me since I get all I wanted and more from Android TV where I can even watch almost all there premium programs for free apart paying for data services? No thanks to ntel for their generous data.
Am sure You will pay for DStv subscriptions and also need internet to stream it? Unless I don't understand how it will be done. But it will be very expensive.
Please explain is Android TV an app?
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by willsonnnn: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2018
MAKE SALES ON YOUR WEBSITE 24/7 WITH ECOMMERCE WEBSITE

Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 29, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Please explain is Android TV an app?
Not at all, a device operating on Android software. Can be as small as 2 match boxes but can do virtually all what your phone can do and even more ,while connected to any TV. Movies, live streaming, sports, gaming, just name them via IPTV, Just Google it. It has being in the market for years. If you have good internet like ntel,you will throw away your DStv because you won't miss majority of the programs ( except like African magic series) with free softwares you can get free of charge on the net. Mine is over 2 years now and my gotv and DStv gadgets are just dusty at home. Even Google nairaland where, there is a thread for majority of us using it.
https://www.nairaland.com/3653419/which-android-tv-box-best
The downside in Nigeria is the data consumptions but with SIM like ntel wawu SIM , you will be tired of live streaming with just less than 2k/month subscription. But ntel not everywhere in the country. That's the template tstv wanted to use to break multichoice monopolies but were not clever about it, they were confronted with hosting rights and many legal problems. They wanted to use parent company of ntel to stream while you connect via their decoder at a cheaper rates. The world has advanced seriously but our greedy elites here will not want something like that beneficial to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2018
priceaction:

Not at all, a device operating on Android software. Can be as small as 2 match boxes but can do virtually all what your phone can do and even more ,while connected to any TV. Movies, live streaming, sports, gaming, just name them via IPTV, Just Google it. It has being in the market for years. If you have good internet like ntel,you will throw away your DStv because you won't miss majority of the programs ( except like African magic series) with free softwares you can get free of charge on the net. Mine is over 2 years now and my gotv and DStv gadgets are just dusty at home. Even Google nairaland where, there is a thread for majority of us using it.
The downside in Nigeria is the data consumptions but with SIM like ntel wawu SIM , you will be tired of live streaming with just less than 2k/month subscription. But ntel not everywhere in the country. That's the template tstv wanted to use to break multichoice monopolies but were not clever about it, they were confronted with hosting rights and many legal problems. They wanted to use parent company of ntel to stream while you connect via their decoder at a cheaper rates. The world has advanced seriously but our greedy elites here will not want something like that beneficial to all.
sire please I need help on this.me and my parents are using dstv. I sub 6k permonth and also they sub 6k.it is too much.i am tired of it. I'm in Enugu and I need this decoder.just educate me on how much mb it can take to watch channels for a whole day both HD and SD. And do we have live matches here? Uefa,English league, lalaliga etc? What about action movies and our local channels like a it or nta cause I need to be updated about what's happening in this lifeless country ruled by a zombie.
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
priceaction:

too bad thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Ofemmanutosure: 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
CHESTER48:
sire please I need help on this.me and my parents are using dstv. I sub 6k permonth and also they sub 6k.it is too much.i am tired of it. I'm in Enugu and I need this decoder.just educate me on how much mb it can take to watch channels for a whole day both HD and SD. And do we have live matches here? Uefa,English league, lalaliga etc? What about action movies and our local channels like a it or nta cause I need to be updated about what's happening in this lifeless country ruled by a zombie.

I feel your pain bro but you need to understand that you will need plenty data (fast one like 4g) to enjoy this device. I have one and i am also in enugu if you need it but my advice is to stick with dstv. It is better for now until we have a very fast, cheap and reliable data in the country. My own 2 kobo.
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
CHESTER48:

I'm in Enugu and I need this decoder.just educate me on how much mb it can take to watch channels for a whole day both HD and SD.

This is a big question related to data providers. They have different rates per kB for both downloading and uploading. But for me on ntel, I will say between 10 to 20gig is enough for me for a month, though which is less than 2k/month. Some friends pay as much as 10k for unlimited broadband services/month but can get premium and topnotch live streaming for over 250 channels free of charge on hd/sd including many of premium DStv stations. Even some apps have over 500 stations worldwide in different languages. But for you in Enugu, it will be difficult to get good ,cheap data. I doubt that.

And do we have live matches here? Uefa,English league, lalaliga etc?
100% yes. That's why it is becoming popular here in Nigeria because with less than 300mb , you can watch full live matches you wanted on majority of the Android apps that offers such streaming. They are there in hundreds on different streaming rates.

What about action movies
Unlimited stations with latest movies. Even apps like megahd movies have some latest box office movies you can download and watch on your Android tv., But e dey consume data men because they are all in hd , minimum of 720 frame.

and our local channels like a it or nta cause I need to be updated about what's happening in this lifeless country ruled by a zombie

Well, am less concerned about our local news that is full of craps and political nonsense, but the app I have for local TVs have ait, channels, galaxy TV, TVC and the likes. It is attached below.

If you can overcome the problem of data, you will maximize your pleasure of having Android TV while you abandoning your decoders. Even I bought gamepads for my kids and install some offline games and educative apps for their learning curves. So when they don't want to watch cartoons, they play games and learn. The uses of the box is unlimited but data subscriptions especially people that stay in towns and not major cities? Ummmmmm

Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
priceaction:

20gb less than 2k
if I may understand you correctly, you buy 20gb less than 2k shocked
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
CHESTER48:
if I may understand you correctly, you buy 20gb less than 2k shocked
Actually 48gig for 3k..wawu SIM on ntel and only 4g . I hardly use half of it with multiple downloads, multiple streaming and the likes, much more than what I needed.Though it is a 1 year promo but the promo is over a year now and they are still running despite that it's supposed to end early this year. They are still entertaining new customers.That's why many forces are against it to expand they too have subscriptions problems almost 2 weeks now. Overall , we have advantage in Lagos, porthacourt and abuja
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
CHESTER48:
Why dont you go the free to Air way,with 20k u can get it installed and no more pay montly payments,thats what i use and sell,am in Anambra,you would also get those stations
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by Alejoc(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
peeps4u:

Which bouquet are you?
You might be enjoying a week bonus of SS 3, 7 and 8 before for subscribing on time. DSTV currently runs such promo now for a week of those channels.

I subscribed for the Compact package normally
Re: Multichoice Unveils Dstv Now, New Apps For Big Screen Viewing by pahihote: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
NO MATTER THE PROJECT, WE CAN DEVELOP A MOBILE APP FOR PROJECT OF ANY KIND!

Got a new challenge for us?
Let's work together and create the next big thing in MOBILE APPICATIONS for your brand/business

Mobile Apps Development with fair-price budget

We Will bring Your App to Life on iOS and Android platforms!

Contact The Mobile App Development Experts NOW

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Guys Think About This Infinix Smart TV / Iphone 4 / Tecno Camon C8 Vs Infinix Hot 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.