Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Canada Or British Accent - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Canada Or British Accent (342 Views)

I Was Born With It” – Nigerian Student Who Speaks In Clean British Accent Explai / How To Master The British Accent Fast And Effectively / Nigerian Parents Pay For Their Kids To Learn British Accent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Or British Accent by sammy6979(m): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2018
Hello nairalanders! I will like to seek your humble opinions on these two countries; Canada and Uk. I want to know how to speak posh English, polish and brush my spoken English up because it's not that cool. I realised that Nigerian education system don't teach English language robustly, they give synopsis to learning the language, this made me have a rethink.

However, I have come to know that the cost of living in Uk is something else, can one survive there? What kind of program will you advice me to enroll for? What are my chances of speaking posh English within 6months of my stay? Would you consider Canada because of the good standard of living, how about the posh English, is Canadian English ok?

Please help a brother. Thanks
Re: Canada Or British Accent by BALLOSKI: 7:14am On Aug 29, 2018
Nigerian accent! Stay true to yourself.
Re: Canada Or British Accent by sammy6979(m): 7:20am On Aug 29, 2018
@Balloski, what do you mean by this? Explain more. Pls!
Re: Canada Or British Accent by BALLOSKI: 7:41am On Aug 29, 2018
sammy6979:
@Balloski, what do you mean by this? Explain more. Pls!
you don't need English accent, you need good command of English.

When you try to form accent, you lose control of the language.

Mikel obi was in Norway, he developed accent.

Check channels TV, most of those guys never stayed abroad, but they're "accented". Arise TV own worst.

What do you need accent for? Wanna be a journalist? Celebrity?

Most of our unreal celebrities have developed accent or "phonetic" - these are guys that grew up in ghetto.
Re: Canada Or British Accent by sammy6979(m): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2018
So what are you saying in essence? You don't seem to get my above questions. Ok, so if I want to get a good command of English language, which country do u think will be the best our of two I mentioned earlier. Pls state your reasons. Thanks!
Re: Canada Or British Accent by sammy6979(m): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2018
What are you saying in essence? You don't seem to get my above questions. Ok, so if I want to get a good command of English language, which country do u think will be the best our of two I mentioned earlier. Pls state your reasons. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Myths You Should Not Fall For As A Campus Jambite / Beginners Yoga Training In Rishikesh | Nirvana Yogasthal / Final Year Students Of AKSU Poured Mud Water And Hypo Bleach After Their Final E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.