Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan (11266 Views)

Shekarau Dumps NNPP, May Return To APC Soon / How Many PDP Bad Government Have You Protest Against? / The Wedding Of Prince Uche Secondus' Daughter Witnessed By Many PDP Juggernauts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by nairavsdollars(f): 8:13am On Aug 29, 2018
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Former governor of Delta state, Emmanuel Uduaghan on Wednesday said he is joining the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari in doing more for the people of the Niger Delta.

He also said he is joining the party as ‘John The Baptist’ who will prepare the grounds for numerous sons of the Niger Delta who will soon join the APC.

In a statement titled ‘Moving On To The Bigger Playing Field’, Uduaghan said President Buhari has shown commitment to developing the Niger Delta region and ensuring peace since coming to office and as such needs the support of all well-meaning Nigerians who have the interest of the region at heart.

While thanking PDP leaders who urged him to remain in the party on whose platform he served as governor of Delta tate for two terms, Uduaghan who is seeking to represent Delta South in the Senate said having explained the deeper issues, some of the PDP leaders have agreed to join APC in the near future.

The full statement reads: ” The toughest challenge for any leader in the Niger Delta since 1997 has been the issue of Peace and Security. For over 12 years, I was deeply involved in the management of the issues of the region, first as Secretary to State Government, SSG, and then as Governor of Delta State for 8 years. Strategically, we had ENGAGEMENT as our major tool.

This involved government officials, with me in the forefront (sometimes personally going into the creeks without security at nocturnal hours), community leaders, traditional rulers, religious leaders, our youths, retired military officers, activists, etc. Of course, ensuring that Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, was active was also part of the engagement process.

ENCOURAGING INTERESTS, ACTIVITIES

Since the inception of the current All Progressives Congress, APC, administration at the federal level, there has been an encouraging interest and activities by President Muhammadu Buhari to bring a permanent solution to the Niger Delta crisis. This has pointed in a direction that is at once progressive and developmental.
Topmost in these activities are the ENGAGEMENT PROCESSES. Rather than using the military to harass our people, the Buhari administration has embarked on various engagement processes that have led to agreements and brought hope to the people of the Niger Delta.

In the last years, Mr. President has personally engaged several regional leaders and youths. Senior officials of his administration also engaged many Niger Delta leaders and youths. Very significant is that Mr. President mandated the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN, to visit virtually all the oil producing states, engaging various stakeholders. This is unprecedented in the history of the region. Such engagement processes have brought some measure of peace in the Niger Delta. Things can only get better.

Beyond the engagement processes, however, the Buhari administration has embarked on some infrastructural and human capital development activities in the region.

In Delta State, the opening of a Maritime University; the setting up of a steering committee for the EPZ (GAS CITY), the plan for a deep sea port, the dredging of the Escravos-Warri River; the opening of the railway line to Delta Steel Company, the soon to be flagged off, by Mr. President, the Omadino-Escravos Road that will pass through many riverine communities; the various road construction works by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), the various TCN projects across the State are some of the positive activities in the region.

I have, therefore, after series of consultations and prayers, taken the decision to leave the PDP and join the APC. In doing this, I want to thank the numerous leaders, supporters and interest groups that have been urging me to remain in PDP. I am happy that after explaining some of the deeper issues to you, some of you that are politicians have agreed to join the APC in the near future. So I am going into APC as “John the Baptist” to the numerous Deltans that are coming in, soon – very soon.
https://independent.ng/many-pdp-have-leaders-have-agreed-to-join-apc-soon-uduaghan/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Johnnyessence(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Former governor of Delta state, Emmanuel Uduaghan on Wednesday said he is joining the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari in doing more for the people of the Niger Delta.

He also said he is joining the party as ‘John The Baptist’ who will prepare the grounds for numerous sons of the Niger Delta who will soon join the APC.

In a statement titled ‘Moving On To The Bigger Playing Field’, Uduaghan said President Buhari has shown commitment to developing the Niger Delta region and ensuring peace since coming to office and as such needs the support of all well-meaning Nigerians who have the interest of the region at heart.

While thanking PDP leaders who urged him to remain in the party on whose platform he served as governor of Delta tate for two terms, Uduaghan who is seeking to represent Delta South in the Senate said having explained the deeper issues, some of the PDP leaders have agreed to join APC in the near future.

The full statement reads: ” The toughest challenge for any leader in the Niger Delta since 1997 has been the issue of Peace and Security. For over 12 years, I was deeply involved in the management of the issues of the region, first as Secretary to State Government, SSG, and then as Governor of Delta State for 8 years. Strategically, we had ENGAGEMENT as our major tool.

This involved government officials, with me in the forefront (sometimes personally going into the creeks without security at nocturnal hours), community leaders, traditional rulers, religious leaders, our youths, retired military officers, activists, etc. Of course, ensuring that Delta State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, was active was also part of the engagement process.

ENCOURAGING INTERESTS, ACTIVITIES

Since the inception of the current All Progressives Congress, APC, administration at the federal level, there has been an encouraging interest and activities by President Muhammadu Buhari to bring a permanent solution to the Niger Delta crisis. This has pointed in a direction that is at once progressive and developmental.
Topmost in these activities are the ENGAGEMENT PROCESSES. Rather than using the military to harass our people, the Buhari administration has embarked on various engagement processes that have led to agreements and brought hope to the people of the Niger Delta.

In the last years, Mr. President has personally engaged several regional leaders and youths. Senior officials of his administration also engaged many Niger Delta leaders and youths. Very significant is that Mr. President mandated the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN, to visit virtually all the oil producing states, engaging various stakeholders. This is unprecedented in the history of the region. Such engagement processes have brought some measure of peace in the Niger Delta. Things can only get better.

Beyond the engagement processes, however, the Buhari administration has embarked on some infrastructural and human capital development activities in the region.

In Delta State, the opening of a Maritime University; the setting up of a steering committee for the EPZ (GAS CITY), the plan for a deep sea port, the dredging of the Escravos-Warri River; the opening of the railway line to Delta Steel Company, the soon to be flagged off, by Mr. President, the Omadino-Escravos Road that will pass through many riverine communities; the various road construction works by the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), the various TCN projects across the State are some of the positive activities in the region.

I have, therefore, after series of consultations and prayers, taken the decision to leave the PDP and join the APC. In doing this, I want to thank the numerous leaders, supporters and interest groups that have been urging me to remain in PDP. I am happy that after explaining some of the deeper issues to you, some of you that are politicians have agreed to join the APC in the near future. So I am going into APC as “John the Baptist” to the numerous Deltans that are coming in, soon – very soon.
https://independent.ng/many-pdp-have-leaders-have-agreed-to-join-apc-soon-uduaghan/
is it not because of his senatorial ambition that he joined the lifeless Apc party niiii, Abi wetin he wan tell us again

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Mosesoly(m): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2018
Another Big fish from the South South Joins APC, expect PMB to garner more votes there than what he got in 2015,Politics is a game of numbers

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by dukie25: 9:18am On Aug 29, 2018
In your dream Uduaghan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Segunade10: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Peter Psquare Buys New Mansion In Atlanta As He Prank His Son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_LShWDjtcU
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by frowland(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Delta politicians. Just change of party. Nothing changes.

3 Likes

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Segunade10: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Hmm
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by ayoladotdot: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2018
PDP?!
NEVER AGAIN!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Moreoffaith(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by SalamRushdie: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2018
Liar
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Godjone(m): 9:42am On Aug 29, 2018
udu you are a thief. you wanted to escape probe that's your reason of joining the lifeless party. But we pray PDP or any other party form the next government. You go smell your nyash idiot

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by osazeeblue01: 9:43am On Aug 29, 2018
This Man is dreaming.
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Ganzagangan: 9:43am On Aug 29, 2018
PDP's death knell getting louder!

Sai Baba.

11 Likes

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2018
END of PDP in the South South.. I will never forget that PDP looter governor before Oshiomole came to power in Edo state

11 Likes

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Mowoe(m): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2018

Imagine this bald headed, head growth having midget still talking in Delta State after sucking what life was left of it for 8 years.

Same idiot that would have been locked away from light and civilization in sane societies.

I officially give up on Nigeria, its Government and every single person who still support these self-centered, greedy bastards.

Y'all are beyond redemption.

Enice:
now you insult him. If the Government had arrested him before he decamped, people like you would have been shouting witchhunting. We hear FFK and Fayose is next.

Just so you'd know, I don't give a Rat Ass what happens with PDP or APC and trust me these APC and PDP guys do not give a shit about me too apparently; all I want is a better nigeria(if that's ever going to be possible).

I'm from Delta and I know what I'm talking about. They've destroyed the state as PDP members and now they're decamping to APC. Shit is shit, doesn't matter who's asshole its coming from.

Maybe you play politics, but I don't!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by MufasaRebirth: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2018
grin
Buhari wooing south-south leaders to spite tinubu, baba needs alternative financial backbones for the party.

The end of greedy tinubu is near.
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by agwocomedian: 9:46am On Aug 29, 2018
Wetin concern me?

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by ThugBoy(m): 9:46am On Aug 29, 2018
wetin this ass hole do for Delta State

1 Like

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Sharon6(f): 9:48am On Aug 29, 2018
Issokay!

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by reesemachh(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2018
post=70710821:
PDP?!
NEVER AGAIN!

oga Abeg I hope ou have work because I can understand how a grown up man like you will be online 24/7 .......for real u need to find yourself a good job to keep you busy .....aaaah aaaah grown up man like this anytime u open Nairaland thread u will see him ...God forbids

1 Like

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Badooguy: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2018
Even his our people cannot join him in APC, for personal interest and be come senator. Because PDP refuse to give you ticket you cross carpet. You that have been insulting this government, just wake up now and start singing praise about this same government you once insult. My son you sin has been forgiven. Wehdon Sir.
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2018
reesemachh:

oga Abeg I hope ou have work because I can understand how a grown up man like you will be online 24/7 .......for real u need to find yourself a good job to keep you busy .....aaaah aaaah grown up man like this anytime u open Nairaland thread u will see him ...God forbids
Na we be your papa or uncle abi?!
You better go do something better with your life (especially in education) and stop stalking someone you don't know.
That will never help you in your life o.
Make your family proud of you for once.
Aproko kid!

Open Nairaland: na inside una pot for house Nairaland dey abi?!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Bloggz74(m): 9:57am On Aug 29, 2018
Johnnyessence:
is it not because of his senatorial ambition that he joined the lifeless Apc party niiii, Abi wetin he wan tell us again

Niger Deltans and southern Nigeria in general had been selling out themselves and the region for selfish gains right from immemorial.

Only Ibori stood his ground even in the face of uncertainty.
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by KanwuliaExtra: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2018
Political prostitutes spreading political HIV! cry
Nigeria dying of political AIDS! cry
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by BruncleZuma: 9:59am On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by NairaMaster1(m): 10:00am On Aug 29, 2018
Johnnyessence:

And to escape EFCC.
Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Jnrbaino4real(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2018
Johnnyessence:
May heaven bless you for being so honest and and current with the affairs of delta state politics.the man has no single political value and will be beaten had s down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by TheKingIsHere: 10:05am On Aug 29, 2018
Although I dislike Uduaghan with passion and believe he should be executed for robbing delta state but he has some valid points.

Ask yourself, what has PDP accomplished in delta state after 18years of rule?

What has the current useless governor called okowa done in delta state despite the huge money in the state?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many PDP Leaders In Delta State Have Agreed To Join APC Soon – Uduaghan by Flames000(m): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2018
Mr... u must be a donkey... anytime "YOU" open nairaland thread you will see him.... wetin u urself dey find for all the nairaland thread as you get work?
reesemachh:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Goodluck Jonathan’s 61st Birthday / Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation / Governor Bala Mohammed Slams Oshiomhole, Over Assembly Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.