Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai (38282 Views)

Large Passenger Turnout At Air Peace Inaugural Flight To Dubai / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / What You Need To Know Before Travelling To Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
xyz123456:

The problem with Dubai is there is no minimum wage unlike Europe and America. But UAE professional jobs has the highest pay in the world. The problem is most Nigerians are not prepared for this job cos they might need to have foreign certificates or professional certifications. Nigerians are always most in lower ladder with menial jobs in UAE

True their are high paying professional jobs and almost tax free but life there is very expensive.
Studio apartment cost about 750k per month, the food there mainly Chinese, Burger and chips

The menial jobs being done there I choose to call it enslavement.. The Arabs know the Nigerians are on tourist visa and should ideally not be working, so they micromanage them and offer them little money with promise of helping them process employment visa..
Before long the tourist visa expires and the foreigner is desperate...of course the arab never had any intention of providing work permit.

He threatens the foreigner with reporting him to the police if he doenst contibue to work wit him under aby conditions. At that pint the foreigner is at their mercy and wen the sufferings are too much they resort to pushing drugs to meet up

It's a hard life there, pls let's not be deceived

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by tzjaynee: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
hyfr:
Me that my middle finger cannot stay one place..

Then na prison go rush you

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by drakeli: 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
If you are not a carrier of US or UK passport in Dubai and you are looking for job, na sorry be yah case.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by xyz123456: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
Rizzoli:

True their are high paying professional jobs and almost tax free but life there is very expensive.
Studio apartment cost about 750k per month, the food there mainly Chinese, Burger and chips

The menial jobs being done there I choose to call it enslavement.. The Arabs know the Nigerians are on tourist visa and should ideally not be working, so they micromanage them and offer them little money with promise of helping them process employment visa..
Before long the tourist visa expires and the foreigner is desperate...of course the arab never had any intention of providing work permit.

He threatens the foreigner with reporting him to the police if he doenst contibue to work wit him under aby conditions. At that pint the foreigner is at their mercy and wen the sufferings are too much they resort to pushing drugs to meet up

You have a point but its cos there is no minimum wage and its pure capitalist society. But UAE is not expensive when compared to other Europian countries. Food is cheap and rent is normal almost same as UK. Plus Tax free salary. School might also be expensive but like i said earlier the salary for professionals is superb. I know of people who are not so intelligent up to average Nigerian graduates getting over 3 million job. Its superb if you get professional job..

Also if you get better passport, Dubai is very good. Like Uk, canada et.c. you can easily get a job above 2million naira per month. I know Nigerians with UK passport coming to Dubai to chop their money. But Naija passport na useless passport. Its a Negative on your CV to be from Nigeria. Na why i no dey put my country of origin in CV be that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by gentlegenius(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
MrThisandthat:
Buhari must go
... To Dubai? grin
I don't think he has been there before despite being the world renowned tourist. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Xkalaban(m): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lol, my middle finger won't go down how do I wave? Is this how I'm supposed to teach kids how to behave? cheesy Damn! I miss the old Slim Shady when he still had a lot to prove to other rappers undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
xyz123456:

You have a point but its cos there is no minimum wage and its pure capitalist society. But UAE is not expensive when compared to other Europian countries. Food is cheap and rent is normal almost same as UK. Plus Tax free salary. School might also be expensive but like i said earlier the salary for professionals is superb. I know of people who are not so intelligent up to average Nigerian graduates getting over 3 million job. Its superb if you get professional job..

Also if you get better passport, Dubai is very good. Like Uk, canada et.c. you can easily get a job above 2million naira per month. I know Nigerians with UK passport coming to Dubai to chop their money. But Naija passport na useless passport. Its a Negative on your CV to be from Nigeria. Na why i no dey put my country of origin in CV be that.

You sound formal and speak from the position of knowledge. Just wondering do you live there
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:

Why? Anyone know.

they said they want to monitor all calls, but it more to generates more income to their mobile network providers as they have only 2 networks here. Du and Etisalat

2 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
fk001:

Na lie, my friend is schooling there i often chat with him via WhatsApp.

unless they use vpn and if they re caught... jail

2 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by OyinbowithaTan(m): 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
kayalla:

they said they want to monitor all calls, but it more to generates more income to their mobile network providers as they have only 2 networks here. Du and Etisalat

Gotcha. So it is about money. But Foreigners can use their own service providers I would think, bypassing the local ones. How would they monitor it?
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
I guess skimpy wears are allowed in beaches,otherwise our music video's wouldn't be shot there.If you doubt me,ask Yemi Alade

2 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Taofeekdboy(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
xyz123456:

See the way you condemned naija passport. FYI, there are many Nigerians working here as professionals, the issue is if you have something to offer them intellectually, they will hire you but so many Africans here tarnish our image by stealing, robbing and harassing their bosses but that doesn’t affect the fact that some Companies hire candidates indiscriminately so far you are qualified.
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by lakefist(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
sacluxisback:
It's not as serious as you people are saying it o.

Naija gyals wey dey hoe for there nko??

You they mind them.
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nice tips.
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
OyinbowithaTan:

Gotcha. So it is about money. But Foreigners can use their own service providers I would think, bypassing the local ones. How would they monitor it?
no they cant, cos i came with my MTN number, it worked for few weeks and stopped, cos all calls re monitored, like if u come here with MTN its directed to DU network and has to be monitored.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by xyz123456: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
See the way you condemned naija passport. FYI, there are many Nigerians working here as professionals, the issue is if you have something to offer them intellectually, they will hire you but so many Africans here tarnish our image by stealing, robbing and harassing their bosses but that doesn’t affect the fact that some Companies hire candidates indiscriminately so far you are qualified.
Yes there are many Nigerians working in Dubai professionally but getting UK(foreign) passport increases your chance exponentially even if they offer little intellectually. Unlike Nigerians that must offer intellectually to get a job. That's my point. And even if Naija get a job, the pay is different with his/her colleague on the same level with different passport

2 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by xyz123456: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
kayalla:

I no blame them jare. For banning whatsapp, skype and facebook call et.c. These companies generates lots of money all over the world and pay tax only in US. How much is facebook generating in Nigeria and how many Nigerians are working there? How much is Government getting from Facebook. All serious countries must promote local content and thats what UAE is doing with BOTIM. China, Russia and other countries always ban/frustrate this bi IT american companies. You cannot be getting money outside America and sending it all to America... Other countries also want to generate income whether residents likes it or not

3 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by mvem(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
linqzs:
The first day of the week has always been Sunday. The first day of the week is also Sunday in nigeria
..probably he meant working day
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Taofeekdboy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
xyz123456:

Yes there are many Nigerians working in Dubai professionally but getting UK(foreign) passport increases your chance exponentially even if they offer little intellectually. Unlike Nigerians that must offer intellectually to get a job. That's my point. And even if Naija get a job, the pay is different with his/her colleague on the same level with different passport
you are right, they pay them differently. BTW are you working in Yas Island because the way you talk seems like that?
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by pacespot(m): 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
cool, not surprising though
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by xyz123456: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
you are right, they pay them differently. BTW are you working in Yas Island because the way you talk seems like that?
Bro, Whats YasIsland?
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by fk001(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2018
kayalla:

I don't know how he does it, but he is studying at middle sex University
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Taofeekdboy(m): 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
xyz123456:

Bro, Whats YasIsland?
its located in Abu Dhabi, where Yas Mall, Ferrari world and Warner bros world are located
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Tokziby: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
Rizzoli:

Oga 750k minimum or maximum? Abeg na!!!

750k can conveniently get u 3 bedroom flat with gym and swimming pool facility.

Housing always depend on location all over the world.
Don't just base ur judgment on hearsay.

And for the job, anybody can get a job usually depending on nationality. 80-90% of business in Dubai is owned by foreigners with majority being Indians. So never say Arab enslave their workers for visa purposes. And whoever falls into that category could not have been enslaved if he exited before his visa expiry. It's only people that wants to stay by all means gets into such trap.
Emirati (UAE citizens) are minority in their country, their population is about 10-15% of the current UAE population.
Anybody u see enslaving people are usually foreign Arab national like Lebanese, Jordanians, Egyptian etc.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by xyz123456: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
its located in Abu Dhabi, where Yas Mall, Ferrari world and Warner bros world are located
No. I have only been to Abu Dhabi Once
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Tokziby: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
kayalla:

Kai no lie for here. Whatsapp call cannot land u in jail.
It's when u use vpn to scam people that can land u.in jail.
And FYI whatsapp call works if u don't change ur foreign number to UAE line. U can use any number for whatsapp as long as u don't merge with ur sim number. It works everywhere in the world.
And u can conveniently use ur Skype or imo to call and chat
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
.... beautiful city
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Tokziby: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
morningstar55:
I guess skimpy wears are allowed in beaches,otherwise our music video's wouldn't be shot there.If you doubt me,ask Yemi Alade

Believe the Op at ur own peril. Skimpy wear is everywhere in Dubai especially the malls. Ur eyeball go drop for lookery. People dey wear transparent clothing sef wey u go dey see everything under.
The problem is, if police wants to be arresting every Tom dick and Harry with skimpy dress na there dem go sleep. Majority of them are tourist Asians and whites hence it's not easy to be arresting.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
Tokziby:

Kai no lie for here. Whatsapp call cannot land u in jail.
It's when u use vpn to scam people that can land u.in jail.
And FYI whatsapp call works if u don't change ur foreign number to UAE line. U can use any number for whatsapp as long as u don't merge with ur sim number. It works everywhere in the world.
And u can conveniently use ur Skype or imo to call and chat

habibi, anywhere else in the world, it doesnt work in UAE. if u use vpn here na jail dey wait u.
Skype, Facebook, whatsapp if u want to use any of these u pay extra 50DHS and get the access from eitsalat.
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
xyz123456:

I no blame them jare. For banning whatsapp, skype and facebook call et.c. These companies generates lots of money all over the world and pay tax only in US. How much is facebook generating in Nigeria and how many Nigerians are working there? How much is Government getting from Facebook. All serious countries must promote local content and thats what UAE is doing with BOTIM. China, Russia and other countries always ban/frustrate this bi IT american companies. You cannot be getting money outside America and sending it all to America... Other countries also want to generate income whether residents likes it or not

yeah, thats what they doing. they know how they be loosing by allowing these free calls, when we dont have options we have to go according what is available and that is buying recharge cards, tho they have cheaper offers once in a while.

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Uzzi552(m): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
[quote author=ipobarecriminals post=70717368] sad Islamabad u can't hold ur wife/ GF hand in public? Tufia![/quote
Hehehe
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan / Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda) / Struggles Of Two Nigerians At A US Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.