Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai (38281 Views)

Large Passenger Turnout At Air Peace Inaugural Flight To Dubai / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / What You Need To Know Before Travelling To Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Referendum50(f): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
Revolva:
Located in the Middle East, Dubai is one of the seven emirates that constitute the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It’s considered the most cosmopolitan city in the region and is popular with tourists from all around the world. If this is your first trip to Dubai, i highlight few things you should keep in mind.

Culture is influenced by Islam

The UAE is a Muslim country and their culture is heavily influenced by Islam. In general, you should be respectful of the local customs, wear modest clothing in public and follow guidelines provided by the staff at your hotel or at various tourist attractions.

Hot and humid climate

Dubai has a hot and humid climate, especially in the summer. So the best time to plan a trip to the city is between the months of October and March. Try not to visit during Ramadan (Muslim Holy Month of Fasting) as eateries will be closed and you won’t be able to eat or drink in public during the daytime. It’s also a good idea to dress conservatively even if you’re visiting during the summer.

Very easy to traverse Dubai

It’s easy to get around in Dubai thanks to the Dubai Metro, bus network, Dubai Tram and taxi service. The Metro starts from the airport and can take you to Jebel Ali which is at the other end of the city. Several tourist hot spots are also connected by the Metro and taxis are available for those that aren’t linked yet. Taxi fares are very reasonable if you want to pay with cash. Alternatively, you can also purchase a prepaid card which can be used for the Metro, buses, Tram and taxis.

The official currency is Dirham

The official currency in Dubai is the UAE Dirham. Credit cards are accepted at most places in Dubai but it’s also useful to have an internationally active ATM card. This will let you withdraw from the local ATM’s in Dirhams and pay for various expenses.

Endless tourist attractions

With beautiful beaches, bustling malls, grand mosques, heritage museums and old markets, Dubai offers an endless series of activities for any visitor. The city is home to the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. Located on Sheikh Zayed Road, you can find the Dubai Mall which houses the Dubai Aquarium along with an Underwater Zoo. If you prefer some sun and sand you can head to the Jumeirah Beach.

The first day of the week in Dubai is Sunday

The weekend in Dubai starts from Thursday to Saturday, not Friday to Sunday. Therefore Sunday, not Monday, is the dreaded first day of the work week

You can be arrested for PDA

Dubai is a Muslim city, kissing, cuddling, and even holding hands in public are not only frowned upon by many but actually illegal. All too often, naive foreigners are arrested for committing indecent acts. This is just one example of actions that might be legal in your own country, but aren't in Dubai. Others include drinking alcohol in public (except at licensed establishments) and giving someone the middle finger. Committing any of these offences may see you fined, stripped of your passport, and thrown in jail.

http://demgohearword.com/seven-important-points-to-know-before-travelling-to-dubai/

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Semakay: 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2018
I will be there very soon.
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Tokziby: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
kayalla:

habibi, anywhere else in the world, it doesnt work in UAE. if u use vpn here na jail dey wait u.
Skype, Facebook, whatsapp if u want to use any of these u pay extra 50DHS and get the access from eitsalat.

When did they start collecting 50aed? Na wah o.
Many people use vpn for x-rated and other stuff.
The only time vpn can put u in jail is for yahoo yahoo.
I stand to be corrected.
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by MrMoney007: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Shortyy:
OK noted. I'm ready now, Visa is the only thing remaining..
Prostitution is prohibited sister.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Eben2: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Is it better to go through agents? I am thinking of arranging for my wife and I but throu an agent so as to do away with headache of looking for hotels and stuff. Is it wise?

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Tokziby:

When did they start collecting 50aed? Na wah o.
Many people use vpn for x-rated and other stuff.
The only time vpn can put u in jail is for yahoo yahoo.
I stand to be corrected.

so u dont know they charge 50DHS from etisalat for skype, facetime and free cals?
i dont even know where u talking from, i live here ask others
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by emperorblog(m): 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Shortyy:
OK noted. I'm ready now, Visa is the only thing remaining..

xhat me up

i have someone that xan help

u pay when u confirm ur visa
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by gameboyo: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2018
chukwutope:
Missed an important one 'The city was built entirely on slave labour'

I'm told the city has a lot of poor people but they do try to hide about those fact
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by gameboyo: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2018
4601CE:
That’s how one yèyé boy was quoting me the other day and telling me how Dubai was built by the west .
West kor . South ni .
West go build something,yet will have zero impact on their culture and religion
Nigeria wey dem colonise gan . We don adopt western culture finish .
Nonsense talk

West building it doesn't mean they own it. The UAE have no technology, so it's the west that built it

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Eben2: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2018
sk12345:
You Have written a wonderful article on Travel Tip For Dubai. I had also recently visited Dubai with my hubby for our wedding anniversary and we had a good time celebrating our anniversary on dhow cruise . It is one of the most loveable memories of our entire tour of Dubai . 
One Must Try a Dhow Cruise Dinner on our trip to Dubai .We had booked our dhow cruise dinner through this website :http://www.dhowcruiseindubai.com/

How did you arrange your trip? Did you use travel agent or you went on your own?
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Emeonyerichard(m): 9:54am On Aug 30, 2018
kayalla:

no they cant, cos i came with my MTN number, it worked for few weeks and stopped, cos all calls re monitored, like if u come here with MTN its directed to DU network and has to be monitored.
pls i wanna no if someone with a hand work say like tailoring stand a chance of making a good living ...?advice me cox am saving up really hard to make the switch and am a tailor ...I base mainly on male and female shirts ..
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Eben2: 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
Emeonyerichard:
pls i wanna no if someone with a hand work say like tailoring stand a chance of making a good living ...?advice me cox am saving up really hard to make the switch and am a tailor ...I base mainly on male and female shirts ..

Are you in Lagos? I need a good tailor for my shirts.
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Emeonyerichard(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2018
Eben2:

Are you in Lagos? I need a good tailor for my shirts.
no sir am not in Lagos ..am in abia state and can also do business with you if we can find a way to trust each other base on delivery and payment ....we can get to a favourable term for us both ....but I promise u quality .
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Eben2: 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
Emeonyerichard:
no sir am not in Lagos ..am in abia state and can also do business with you if we can find a way to trust each other base on delivery and payment ....we can get to a favourable term for us both ....but I promise u quality .

Please chat me upon WhatsApp: 07081411165
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Emeonyerichard:

from my knowledge, i cant say tailor will be a good idea, cos most clothes here re already made and affordable, the tailors here make only local clothes, (khandura and abaya). unless if u have money and set up a shop here, sew and display it.
i could ask around for more

2 Likes

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by mimicue(f): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2018
Please who knows what could
Be wrong with Dubai visa application for family . My sister and her son’s visa application was approved, however her daughter and mind is
Still in process and we want to travel together, but the visa delay is just making everything hard and the agent is not even saying anything about the visa . My thoughts is it because the females are both below the age of
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Emeonyerichard(m): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2018
Eben2:

Please chat me upon WhatsApp: 07081411165
ok..I will asap....sorry I didn't quote earlier ...I will chat u up

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by voyagelife: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2019
Recently, I had been Dubai with my family and we enjoyed lots, It's an amazing city. We went Burj Khalifa, Desert Safari, Dhow Cruise, Miracle Garden and Dubai Frame. We are concern about Dubai Visa but We have done booking through a travel operator in Dubai. They arrange our visa and all tours. https://www.visitdesertsafaridubai.ae/
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
voyagelife:
Recently, I had been Dubai with my family and we enjoyed lots, It's an amazing city. We went Burj Khalifa, Desert Safari, Dhow Cruise, Miracle Garden and Dubai Frame. We are concern about Dubai Visa but We have done booking through a travel operator in Dubai. They arrange our visa and all tours. https://www.visitdesertsafaridubai.ae/

You underestimated intelligence of average Nigerian
Your display name is "voyage life
The day you registered is the day you put up a post advertising travel operator and claiming you went with your family
Why lie? Simply tell us this is what you do and not lie o sell your self

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Unik3030: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
kayalla:

from my knowledge, i cant say tailor will be a good idea, cos most clothes here re already made and affordable, the tailors here make only local clothes, (khandura and abaya). unless if u have money and set up a shop here, sew and display it.
i could ask around for more
its seems u have an understanding of how things operate in Dubai, please I will b moving to Dubai on a 2 years visa as driver in less than 2 months. can we relate on whatsapp? I will really appreciate it
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by kayalla(f): 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Unik3030:
its seems u have an understanding of how things operate in Dubai, please I will b moving to Dubai on a 2 years visa as driver in less than 2 months. can we relate on whatsapp? I will really appreciate it

ok sure, send me email na, sochikky@yahoo.com but am in Al Ain, abu dhabi now,
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Unik3030: 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
kayalla:

ok sure, send me email na, sochikky@yahoo.com but am in Al Ain, abu dhabi now,
i am having issues with that right now, can I drop my whatsapp contact so we can chat on whatsapp?
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
Saff:
My next destination, by next year smiley

Even Togo here you never go you come say nah Dubai be your next destination next year...
If wishes are horses , beggar go climb ...

If you quote me, I meet you for dream
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by tck2000(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2019
o
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by gagrin: 8:54am On Jan 30
Certainly! Here are seven important points to know before traveling to Dubai:

Visa Requirements: Ensure you have the necessary visa before traveling to Dubai, depending on your nationality.
Dress Code: Respect the local culture by dressing modestly, especially in public places and religious sites.
Weather: Be prepared for hot temperatures, particularly during the summer months, and pack accordingly.
Cultural Sensitivity: Familiarize yourself with local customs and etiquette to avoid inadvertently offending.
Currency: The currency in Dubai is the UAE Dirham (AED), so make sure to have some cash on hand for smaller transactions.
Transportation: Dubai has an efficient public transportation system, including metro, buses, and taxis, making it easy to get around the city.
Attractions and Tours: Explore the numerous attractions and tours available, such as desert safaris, visiting iconic landmarks like the Burj Khalifa, experiencing traditional Emirati culture at the Dubai Museum, exploring the Dubai Mall and its aquarium, enjoying the thrills at IMG Worlds of Adventure, Musandam Dibba Tour, taking a stroll through the Dubai Miracle Garden, and enjoying a Dhow Cruise along Dubai Creek.

Enjoy your trip to Dubai, and make the most of your experience exploring this vibrant city!
Re: Seven Important Points To Know Before Travelling To Dubai by AbbeCharlotte: 2:05pm On Apr 03
When planning your trip to Dubai, it's essential to consider both the must-visit travel spots and important rules to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience:

Top Travel Spots:

1. Burj Khalifa: Experience the awe-inspiring views from the world's tallest building and marvel at the cityscape below.

2. Dubai Mall: Shop 'til you drop and explore attractions like the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo in one of the largest malls globally.

3. Palm Jumeirah: Relax on luxurious beaches and visit iconic landmarks like Atlantis, The Palm on this artificial island.

4. Burj Al Arab: Admire the architectural wonder of the Burj Al Arab, an iconic symbol of Dubai's opulence and luxury.

5. Royal Desert Safari: Embark on an adrenaline-pumping Royal Desert Safari adventure with activities like dune bashing, camel riding, and traditional entertainment. Experience the epitome of luxury and adventure with our Royal Desert Safari in Dubai!

6. Jumeirah Beach: Soak up the sun and enjoy the pristine sands and clear waters of Jumeirah Beach, perfect for relaxation and water sports.

7. Dubai Creek: Take a traditional abra ride along the historic Dubai Creek and witness the city's bustling waterfront.

Important Rules and Regulations:

1. Respect Local Laws: Familiarize yourself with local laws and customs, including dress codes, public behavior, and alcohol consumption regulations.

2. COVID-19 Guidelines: Adhere to COVID-19 guidelines such as wearing masks in public areas, maintaining social distancing, and following entry requirements or quarantine rules.

3. Cultural Sensitivity: Show respect for local culture and traditions by avoiding public displays of affection, dressing modestly, and refraining from eating or drinking in public during Ramadan fasting hours.

4. Safety Measures: Stay informed about safety measures and emergency contacts, and prioritize your well-being while exploring Dubai.

By combining your exploration of Dubai's top travel spots with adherence to important rules and regulations, you can enjoy a memorable and respectful visit to this vibrant city.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Visit To Bowers Tower In Ibadan / Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda) / Struggles Of Two Nigerians At A US Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.