Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos (532 Views)

Senate Minority Leader Reacts To Rumours Of Wike Giving Senators $2 Million / Power Is Transient: Pictures Of Ex-Senate President, Ahmad Lawan In The Senate / Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
The battle for supremacy between two of the powerful female politicians in Lagos; Mrs Kemi Nelson, the South West Women Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and Mrs Jumoke Okoya-Thomas, the Women Leader of Lagos Chapter of the APC, took a new turn on Monday 27 August, 2018 after Kemi Nelson invaded the Lagos State secretariat of the party with thugs.

The fight was as a result of the supremacy battle between the duo and the South-West APC Woman Leader’s refusal to vacate the office she used during her tenure for her successor.

Nelson was elected as Lagos APC Woman Leader four years ago and few years after, she became South-West Woman Leader of the party. She held the two positions till May when Okoya-Thomas, a three-term member of House of Representatives, took over from her at the state level, while she was re-elected as South-West APC Woman Leader.

During the fight, which lasted for several minutes, Nelson and Okoya-Thomas aides and some of the secretariat staff were harassed and beaten, while some office and personal belongings such as television sets, chairs, tables and computers were destroyed and mobile phones stolen by hoodlums, who invaded the secretariat.

Hon Jumoke Okoya Thomas took to her social media page to share picture of her and Kemi Nelson during her 60th birthday with Lagos First lady, Mrs. Ambode, wife of senate president, Toyin Saraki, also present. She wrote; 

Power is transient... This was myself with former Lagos State APC Women Leader, Mrs Kemi Nelson and other great women of our party at my 60th year birthday party, last year.

We were friends until I was voted to replace her in order to introduce new ideas to the development of our party. Since then, she has sworn to sabotage my efforts.

The progress of our party is more important to me than any distractions.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/jumoke-okoya-thomas-and-kemi-nelson-apc-women-leaders-clash-in-lagos.html

Re: ‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: ‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos by gaby(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yucky...effects of over bleaching..
Re: ‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos by wahles(m): 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
sad
Re: ‘Power Is Transient’; APC Women Leader Reacts After Attack In Lagos. Photos by SolutionMee: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Too much of bleaching is bad

Simple

(1) (Reply)

APC Responsible For Nigeria Low Economic Growth – Atiku / Okezie Ikpeazu Receives Massive Endorsement From Abia Women / 2019 Election: A Farmer Promise To Give PBM 5m To Obtain His Presidential Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.