Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? (2142 Views)

Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? / The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Akwasi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2010
After the great floods in the days of Noah, his son, Ham found his father's unclothedness. He foolishly mocked at his father's unclothedness and informed his other brothers, Shem and Japheth. The brothers were not that stupid, they wisely covered their father's unclothedness and it earned them a blessing from their father.

To Ham, Noah said "Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren" Gen 9:25.

Many believe this curse is the reason why Africans have been this wrecked.

But there seem to be hope now. I had this feeling when president Barack Obama was voted as the United States president in 2008. From all angles now, African is gradually moving up and I think the gap may soon be over.

Does that mean, finally that curse from Noah is over? Please matured contributors only
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by MyJoe: 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2010
Akwasi:

After the great floods in the days of Noah, his son, Ham found his father's unclothedness. He foolishly mocked at his father's unclothedness and informed his other brothers, Shem and Japheth. The brothers were not that silly, they wisely covered their father's unclothedness and it earned them a blessing from their father.

To Ham, Noah said "Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren" Gen 9:25.
There is a contradiction in the above. Why curse Canaan when it was Ham who behaved badly?

Akwasi:
Many believe this curse is the reason why Africans have been this wrecked.
Perhaps "many" can provide any data - doesn't have to be conclusive - to show that "Canaan" had anything to do with Africans. Personally, I am curious to learn more about this.

Akwasi:
But there seem to be hope now. I had this feeling when president Barack Obama was voted as the United States president in 2008. From all angles now, African is gradually moving up and I think the gap may soon be over.

Does that mean, finally that curse from Noah is over? Please matured contributors only
I think you need to do a bit of history. You will find that different races have had the upper hand at different times and eras in human history. You will also learn that black people have not been the world's foot mat throughout history. You may also learn how the subjugation of blacks began and the grounds, which include the Bible verses you are here citing, used as justification.

1 Like

Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Akwasi(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2010
Joe, Canaan is the descendants of Ham. All black people come from CUSH which is also translated Canaan sometimes. Its a fact that all blacks are from Ham, for that it is certain
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by mantraa: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2010
The story of the curse being put on canaan for seeing his own father naked is not only totally ridiculous and laughable, it is quite obviously fictional.

It makes much more sense when you think about when it was written (bronze age), and by whom (Nomadic ancient isrealite tribesmen).

Ask yourself this. If you saw your dad naked do you think that it would warrant your son being punished AND all his decendants for thousands of years. What is the moral of this story? It is totally immoral in my opinion and not based on any truth.

Respects
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by MyJoe: 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2010
Akwasi:

Joe, Canaan is the descendants of Ham. All black people come from CUSH which is also translated Canaan sometimes.
I think you, sir, are getting your facts mixed up. In fact, you are plain wrong. In the Bible Canaan is a different chap from Cush.

1 Chronicles 1:8-10 (New International Version)

8 The sons of Ham:
      Cush, Mizraim, [a] Put and Canaan.

Akwasi:
Its a fact that all blacks are from Ham, for that it is certain
This is not a known fact at all. It is a piece of conjecture created during a process one might call creative Bible reading. But there is no need to get bogged down in that. So let's say all black people come from Cush, Ham's first son. This would mean that Canaan had nothing to do with Africans.

In any case, you are yet to offer a response as to why Canaan was singled out of Ham's kids to act as the channel for passing on Ham's curse to future generations. You are also yet to think seriously about the fact that blacks have not always been comparatively backward and contrast this information with the curse theory you seem to have accepted as a piece of fact set in titanium steel.

1 Like

Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Mudley313: 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2010
smh @ africans debating jewish folklore/myths/fairytales like it got anything to do with em. this same people would not be caught dead tryna dissect the meanings or implications of say a yoruba folklore. why? ofcourse, anything african is inferior

ham ko, sausage ni

1 Like

Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Nuriel22: 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2010
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by mantraa: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2010
http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/noahs_insobriety/gn09_22a.html

Noah's Insobriety

Genesis 9:22
Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father's unclothedness.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Akwasi(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2010
MyJoe:

I think you, sir, are getting your facts mixed up. In fact, you are plain wrong. In the Bible Canaan is a different chap from Cush.

1 Chronicles 1:8-10 (New International Version)

8 The sons of Ham:
      Cush, Mizraim, [a] Put and Canaan.

This is not a known fact at all. It is a piece of conjecture created during a process one might call creative Bible reading. But there is no need to get bogged down in that. So let's say all black people come from Cush, Ham's first son. This would mean that Canaan had nothing to do with Africans.

In any case, you are yet to offer a response as to why Canaan was singled out of Ham's kids to act as the channel for passing on Ham's curse to future generations. You are also yet to think seriously about the fact that blacks have not always been comparatively backward and contrast this information with the curse theory you seem to have accepted as a piece of fact set in titanium steel.

You are absolutely right. But what remains is we blacks are from Ham. And don't you think the curse has an effect on us?
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by MyJoe: 5:35pm On Jun 28, 2010
Akwasi:

You are absolutely right. But what remains is we blacks are from Ham. And[b] don't you think the curse has an effect on us?[/b]

No. Because:

1. If the backwardness of black people as evident today is as a result of a curse placed on them 4,000 years ago, such backwardness would have manifested throughout history. We know that blacks were not clearly the world's foot mat throughout the ages. Read up on it.

2. That verse of the Bible can't be trusted as useful history since a six-year-old can spot the contradiction - was it Ham OR Canaan who misbehaved/got cursed?
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Akwasi(m): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2010
MyJoe:

No. Because:

1. If the backwardness of black people as evident today is as a result of a curse placed on them 4,000 years ago, such backwardness would have manifested throughout history. We know that blacks were not clearly the world's foot mat throughout the ages. Read up on it.

2. That verse of the Bible can't be trusted as useful history since a six-year-old can spot the contradiction - was it Ham OR Canaan who misbehaved/got cursed?

That is where you are absolutely wrong. A curse when placed, takes a longer time to manifest. Could be the blacks were once superpowers but that is the main reason why you have to believe that something might have gone wrong.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Ibime(m): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2010
I cant believe grown men would waste their time discussing a fictional tale such as Noah's Ark.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Zodiac61(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2010
When will these morons learn that Noah never existed?
The story of Noah is a MYTH, like everything else in the bible.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 29, 2010
What manner of deity who curse an entire race of people, generation after generation, because of an episode of a man seeing another dad's unclothedness but will bless the lineage of another who murder a man in order to fvck his wife (plus plenty of concubines) even send the messiah through his lineage.

Akwasi you are bursting my head! and now, I'm beginning to have doubts.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by MyJoe: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2010
Ibime:

I cant believe grown men would waste their time discussing a fictional tale such as Noah's Ark.
The vast majority of African Christians believe these stories actually took place; that eminently qualifies them for analysis. In any case, that is what online forums are for - grown men discussing everything, including "fictional tales".

Akwasi:

That is where you are absolutely wrong. A curse when placed, takes a longer time to manifest.
What you are saying is that curses wait 4000 years to become active. I do not believe this. Do you have any examples?

Akwasi:

Could be the blacks were once superpowers but that is the main reason why you have to believe that something might have gone wrong.

No. You must be familiar with all the cliches about "change", "vagaries" and all. It happens to individuals, countries, and societies. How can you possibly say that the relegation of a race is evidence of a curse?
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Akwasi(m): 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
Enough of the advice of these atheist. I don't need any more advice from you because you guys are so ignorant of the Bible. No wonder you don't believe anything in it.

Please fellow believers, drive in.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by MyJoe: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^
Hilarious! Actually it's not true I don't believe anything in it.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Tudor6(f): 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
Akwasi:

Enough of the advice of these atheist. I don't need any more advice from you because you guys are so ignorant of the Bible. No wonder you don't believe anything in it.

Please fellow believers, drive in.
Did you go to school at all?

You have been asked to prove blacks originated from a Ham and you're running??

I thought you said it was ''fact''??
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by Akwasi(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2010
Tudór:

Did you go to school at all?

You have been asked to prove blacks originated from a Ham and you're running??

I thought you said it was ''fact''??

Pathetic fellow
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by MyJoe: 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^ I think you can use some information about this belief of yours. It is unfortunate that you have bought a lie created by white supremacists to provide a theological basis for the slave trade and the subjugation of blacks. Remember the slave trade was a wholly Christian thing. Something was needed to help them get through it, so lies had to be invented. I cannot take you through the history right now, but have you heard of apartheid, the strict system of racial segregation that formerly operated in South Africa? The theological basis for it was provided by the Dutch Reformed Church, the Protestant church adhered to by the Majority of the Afrikaner whites in South Africa. The Church got its teaching from the verse you are here peddling and the body of teachings of John Calvin, the Protestant reformer who taught that some people are elect for salvation while some are disfavoured by God, "cursed" as you would put it. Even today nearly two decades after the end of apartheid, some DRC clergy men still preach this theology.

In reality, there is no shred of evidence that black people descended from any Ham. You, sir, are not under any curse. No atheism in that.
Re: Has God Finally Removed The Curse Of Noah On Ham? by mazaje(m): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
Who is this completely deluded fellow?. . .This theory of yours is pathetic and ridiculous. . .Imagine a grown up man talking about Jewish folklore and mythology as if it has anything to do with reality. . . .Noah, Ham, Cush and all remain mythical characters. . .Black people are NOT decedents of Jewish mythical characters. . .The poster should stop talking about facts because he knows NO fact at all. . . .Ridiculous myth believer. . .

(1) (Reply)

Vatican Suspends 'Bishop Of Bling' / Today is all souls - What Does The Bible Say About Praying For The Dead? / Big Question: Which Religion Sect Bombed Kano Central Mosque?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.